selling my blue 87 GT by DuckWhisperer
Started on: 08-23-2017 11:18 PM
Replies: 3 (446 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 09-02-2017 01:45 AM
DuckWhisperer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DuckWhispererSend a Private Message to DuckWhispererEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly it's time for me to let go of this car. I bought the car in 2001 and over the years I've been working on it. You can see from the pics that the body and interior need some TLC, but the engine is strong. I recently replaced the cat converter with a unit from CatCo, it's got a braided stainless EGR pipe and a new EGR valve and EGR solenoid. I just replaced the distributor cap and rotor, ignition module, wires, plus a brand new battery. It's also got braided stainless brake lines. The tires are Goodyear Eagle HPs.

I rebuilt the headlight mechanisms with a kit from Rodney Dickman. The other external lights are good (brake lights, reverse, turn signals and hazards).
The automatic transmission is missing 2nd gear, so when driving it shifts from 1st to 3rd.

Over the years I've had visions of restoring this car but it just hasn't happened, and I've got a family now. This forum has been instrumental in providing answers to questions, so I'd love to see the car go to someone else on the forum.

The car is located in Soquel, California.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

additional pics can be seen here:

http://s1231.photobucket.co...ianoduckman/library/

send me a PM if you're interested...

[This message has been edited by DuckWhisperer (edited 08-25-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DuckWhisperer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DuckWhispererSend a Private Message to DuckWhispererEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now with a full tank of gas and a fresh oil change!
The engine runs great, I'm confident it would pass CA smog (it has passed with very low numbers every time I've had it smogged).
I'm really hoping this car will go to someone else who can give it the attention it needs.
DuckWhisperer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DuckWhispererSend a Private Message to DuckWhispererEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone? Will be listing it on craigslist in the next couple of weeks.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock