1988 Fiero Formula T-Tops 5-Speed 96k Miles for sale or trade by PacNWFiero
Started on: 07-12-2017 05:59 PM
Replies: 8 (973 views)
Last post by: PacNWFiero on 09-10-2017 07:59 PM
PacNWFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PacNWFieroSend a Private Message to PacNWFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All!

I am looking to sell or trade my 88 Formula. I have had it for a few years and love driving it, but it is just not a practical car for me. Here's a bit of an overview on the car:

-96,400 miles (going up as it is my daily driver)
-5-Speed Getrag
-2.8 V6
-C&C T-Tops (non-CJB but they are original and installed in 1988 so I assume they were dealer-optioned)
-Really nice paint done professionally about a year ago

I also have had a lot of work done on the car by a local Fiero mechanic and longtime Fiero enthusiast, Greg Amundson. He put in a new clutch, clutch slave and master cylinder, brake master cylinder, lower and upper engine coolant hoses, transaxle output shaft seals, fuel filter, gaskets from the head gaskets up, spark plugs, and various other little things around the engine. I have also replaced the alternator, the tires, the dogbone mount, the lower ball joints up front, the EGR tube and gaskets (braided stainless Fiero Store one), new headlights, and have gotten an alignment done.

The car doesn't leak a drop of oil or fluid anywhere, all the gears shift great, it will comfortably cruise in the left lane on the highway, and has no rust anywhere.

The car is really nice all around, but still has some things that need doing to make it perfect. The T-Tops leak under heavy rain, the gas gauge reads 1/4 of a tank high, the temp gauge doesn't work, the interior is faded and torn in places, the engine idles rough and hesitates under acceleration sometimes, there is a small exhaust leak somewhere, passenger headlight's torque pins are worn out, and the catalytic converter is bad.

I also have two spare front fenders and a spare hood that can go with the car if wanted.

I am looking to get 4900 dollars but I'm open to offers. I am also open to trades for stick shift Jeep Cherokees (XJ), Toyota 4Runners, Nissan Pathfinders, or other smaller 4x4 SUVs.

I'm not super tech-savvy so I don't know how to post pictures on here, but I can email anyone pictures who is interested!

Thanks for looking!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am looking for a good-to-excellent Formula for $3 to 5k. By the description given (and without any imagery) it is difficult to determine where your car is on any Scale. Can you send a link to Imagery. Or, create an Advert on Craigslist and put that Link here.

Am also assuming that it could not be driven very far (am living in MD). Let me/us know if that is not correct. When was this Formula last driven regularly?

If you have a strong interest in selling - send me a PM. If not - good luck with your Sale.

TNX

------------------
Why do people put Weird Philosophical and Political Comments here?

PacNWFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PacNWFieroSend a Private Message to PacNWFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an ad up on the Seattle Craigslist page with pictures for those of you who are interested (https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/pontiac-fiero-formula-t/6209775368.html). SurferGeorge- PM sent to answer your questions, and for public knowledge I currently daily drive the car with no issues. It could definitely be driven wherever you want to take it.

[This message has been edited by PacNWFiero (edited 07-22-2017).]

SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking Formula!

PM sent and also doubled same w/mssg to your CL Advert…

Let's see what happens!
AJISNOT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJISNOTSend a Private Message to AJISNOTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if you guys didn't work anything out. Seattle is my neck of the woods as well. and I would like another Formula.
SurferGeorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SurferGeorgeSend a Private Message to SurferGeorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We did not come to terms.

So … as far as I know it is still for sale … and I am still looking!
PacNWFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PacNWFieroSend a Private Message to PacNWFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AJISNOT- PM sent
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it still for sale sale ?

PacNWFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PacNWFieroSend a Private Message to PacNWFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
robert1234- yes it is

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock