Click here to visit The FieroStore | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Recovered Steering Wheels For Sale - Beechwood, Indy, Charcoal, Extra Padding!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Recovered Steering Wheels For Sale - Beechwood, Indy, Charcoal, Extra Padding! by Irrationable
Started on: 07-07-2017 03:29 PM
Replies: 19 (804 views)
Last post by: ag9123 on 11-01-2017 01:33 PM
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please note that this sale thread was created for the sale of wheels that have already been refurbished and recovered. For those of you interested in having your own wheel recovered, or those of you with questions not pertaining to the items listed here, please see my original recovery sale thread which is linked here.

In between customer orders I have spent much of my spare time recovering some spare wheels I had amassed. I figured I would give the Fiero community here first dibs on them before I went and listed them all on eBay. Each of these wheels has been recovered in brand new leather. The three spoke wheels have all been sanded to the bare metal, acid etched, and repainted prior to recovery to ensure no rust or corrosion. For the three spoke wheels, a $50 refund is available if you send in a suitable core (Unbent rim and spokes, no damaged trim. Rust is okay though). My phone crashed yesterday morning and I lost nearly all my photos, so I will upload more of them this evening once I'm off work. If you would like a shipping quote or more pictures, feel free to send me a message!

Charcoal GT - $220 + shipping
Charcoal GT, extra padding - $230 + shipping
Black GT, SUPER padding - $230 + shipping
84-85 style GT wheel - $200 + shipping
Beechwood 4 spoke - $180 + shipping
Indy 4 spoke w/ red stitching & horn paddles - $210 + shipping

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver *SOLD*
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC

'88 T-Top coupe DOHC swap in progress

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 09-04-2017).]

IP: Logged

87fiero2017

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fiero2017Send a Private Message to 87fiero2017Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow nice work.if I had the money I'd buy one

fireboss

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossClick Here to Email firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtClick Here to Email IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome work!!

Olliesdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OlliesdadClick Here to Email OlliesdadSend a Private Message to OlliesdadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would you rewrap my own wheel and shifter and send it back, if i shipped them to you? I'm weird about trying to keep all of the parts on the car as the original parts from assembly. Sorry! I could see this as a nice winter project when it gets stored in September. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by Olliesdad (edited 07-09-2017).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Olliesdad:

Would you rewrap my own wheel and shifter and send it back, if i shipped them to you? I'm weird about trying to keep all of the parts on the car as the original parts from assembly. Sorry! I could see this as a nice winter project when it gets stored in September. Thank you!

PM sent!

gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Click Here to Email gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just received my steering wheel today and I will say that it is even nicer and better quality in person that it looks in the pictures. I am an extremely picking person where everything has to be perfect etc. lol but After receiving this steering wheel today spending the $200 was worth every penny. You will spend just as much if not more anywhere else to get the same quality that I have received today.

The plastic, the metal part, the rivots, the inner part of the steering wheel all look brand new. The stitching is even and straight. There is absolutely no flaws in this steering wheel.

Thank You Again Alex!

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the wheels still available. I also have several shift knobs available that I can recover to match for those who are interested.

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

Bump

You have a PM

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump. Both four spoke wheels and the early three spoke/split seam wheel are still up for grabs!

USMUCL

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any update on offering a "super padded" version for the 4 spoke wheel?

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

Any update on offering a "super padded" version for the 4 spoke wheel?

I was forced to place this project on the back burner after getting caught up with other projects and school responsibilities. I'm in the process of taking measures on a four spoke wheel that has received extra padding. Once these measures are done, I can create a new template and stitch up a prototype.

oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoClick Here to Email oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

could I trade in a paddle wheel for a gt wheel ?

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldsoandso:

could I trade in a paddle wheel for a gt wheel ?

Unfortunately, this isn't a trade that I can make. I currently have a stack of four spoke/paddle wheels in my shop, but find myself constantly short on the GT wheels.

oldsoandso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoClick Here to Email oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

please make me 1 flat disc for the horn button an 1 collar to hide the spline.

cdfrank2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdfrank2014Send a Private Message to cdfrank2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I received my newly recovered GT steering wheel and man. shift nob from Alex , and both items exceded all my expectations . They matched my new set of mr.mikes seat covers perfectly . I totally recomend his craftsmanship to all . Thank you Alex .

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageClick Here to Email RACESend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I didn't already have a custom wheel I would have you do one for me. That is very high level work!

Do you do anything for the stock automatic shifter handles? Also, I have been thinking about a leather piece to glue down that would cover the plastic panel where the window switches live.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.

ag9123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ag9123Click Here to Email ag9123Send a Private Message to ag9123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's some before and afters of my Indy's shift knob. Great job Matt!!!

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock