86 notchie. 3800sc fully modded. by vallen11
Started on: 06-19-2017 10:19 PM
Replies: 14 (750 views)
Last post by: wgpierce on 06-30-2017 11:10 PM
vallen11

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gaining interest on what car is worth, and considering selling it. Below is what I can remember about engine.

2003 series 3 shortblock and heads 12k miles
4 spd automatic transmission
The roller master dual timing chain
Cometic head gaskets
42 pound matched flow master injectors
Zzp solid pushrods
Stage 2 zzp intercooler.
Gen 5 blower, 2.55" pulley, have other sizes and belts
Prj red fuel rails
The larger sized pace setter headers, wrapped
North star throttle body
Walbro fuel pump
Have powertunr to customize tuning
Might be some other supporting mods I have forgotten

Bronze headlight gears
Upgraded brake booster
All stainless steel brake lines
Eibach springs
17" Audi tt rims. I would replace them
Front vents put in front hood to keep headlight cover from opening at high speeds
New alternator, starter
No air conditioning
Pillar pods for temp and boost
12" sub and box installed behind passenger seat
New fuel level sending unit, but reads a quarter tank lower than what it is.
New paint, red and silver, but clear coat needs sanded smoothed down.
Has seat covers, originals are trashed.
I had to cut out some of rear decklid to make room for intercooler.
Rear trunk removed

I have owned the car for 12 years. Had 3800 upgrade when i bought it. Found a low mileage engine. So put it in, and all the upgrades. Since putting in the new engine, i probably havent put 500 miles on it. I take for a drive a couple times a year. Always been in my garage. Car runs and drives. I just don't take the time to drive it.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Can email me at vallen@fuse.net. I can take some pictures and text. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it. Not expecting a fortune, but not giving it away either.
I am located 20 miles east of Cincinnati.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posting pictures for Vallen

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious...what new fuel sending unit did you put in? Where did you get it?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a rough paint job, lots of overspray. Engine install looks rough too. If the interior is in the same shape as the exterior I wouldnt count on getting much for it.
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got it new from the Fiero store.

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Just curious...what new fuel sending unit did you put in? Where did you get it?

vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

vallen11

149 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Ya, clear coat came out rough, so just sprayed extra on. I haven't gotten to finishing the car, where it looks the best. Still consider it a work in progress, as far as looks. If I prettied it up, I would expect more out of it.

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Looks like a rough paint job, lots of overspray. Engine install looks rough too. If the interior is in the same shape as the exterior I wouldnt count on getting much for it.

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vallen11:

I got it new from the Fiero store.

That is what I suspected! I am having a similar problem with my new Fiero Store Sending Unit, new correct gas gauge, and clean wiring. It is being suggested in another thread that the fuel float may be getting hung up on the baffle inside of the tank
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure. Mine goes up to 3/4, then goes below empty. So, not like it's stuck, but just something off. So full reads 3/4, 3/4 will read half, half empty, and 1/4 empty. I know they are a pain to get into the tank, like you have to almost force fit them into it. I am surprised they would still have the problem. I bought mine probably at least 5 years ago, if not more.

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

That is what I suspected! I am having a similar problem with my new Fiero Store Sending Unit, new correct gas gauge, and clean wiring. It is being suggested in another thread that the fuel float may be getting hung up on the baffle inside of the tank

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are you trying to get for the car? I have a 3800sc Indy but want something I can make fast and not feel bad modifying to hell and back.

Originally posted by vallen11:

Gaining interest on what car is worth, and considering selling it. Below is what I can remember about engine.

2003 series 3 shortblock and heads 12k miles
4 spd automatic transmission
The roller master dual timing chain
Cometic head gaskets
42 pound matched flow master injectors
Zzp solid pushrods
Stage 2 zzp intercooler.
Gen 5 blower, 2.55" pulley, have other sizes and belts
Prj red fuel rails
The larger sized pace setter headers, wrapped
North star throttle body
Walbro fuel pump
Have powertunr to customize tuning
Might be some other supporting mods I have forgotten

Bronze headlight gears
Upgraded brake booster
All stainless steel brake lines
Eibach springs
17" Audi tt rims. I would replace them
Front vents put in front hood to keep headlight cover from opening at high speeds
New alternator, starter
No air conditioning
Pillar pods for temp and boost
12" sub and box installed behind passenger seat
New fuel level sending unit, but reads a quarter tank lower than what it is.
New paint, red and silver, but clear coat needs sanded smoothed down.
Has seat covers, originals are trashed.
I had to cut out some of rear decklid to make room for intercooler.
Rear trunk removed

I have owned the car for 12 years. Had 3800 upgrade when i bought it. Found a low mileage engine. So put it in, and all the upgrades. Since putting in the new engine, i probably havent put 500 miles on it. I take for a drive a couple times a year. Always been in my garage. Car runs and drives. I just don't take the time to drive it.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Can email me at vallen@fuse.net. I can take some pictures and text. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it. Not expecting a fortune, but not giving it away either.
I am located 20 miles east of Cincinnati.

vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking around 6k for it. I wanted this car modded as much as possible, without going too crazy. So pretty much went with the zzp XP cam, intercooler, and all the rest of the supporting mods to go with it. Modified heads were rare and/or expensive at the time. So that was my limiting factor.
This thing is pretty darn fast. Honestly, when getting it up around 120, it scares me. There's nowhere near here where you can drive it fast without fear of highway patrol catching you.
I haven't drag raced it, or taken it to the track.

Also, I have other pulleys and belts if someone wanted to demod somewhat.

Originally posted by chrissin712:

What are you trying to get for the car? I have a 3800sc Indy but want something I can make fast and not feel bad modifying to hell and back.

PFF
System Bot
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to rethink the asking price on this. Have a look around on Craigslist, there are a few comparables out there that may help you set the right price.

This is a good site to search CL:

http://www.searchtempest.co...Year=min&maxYear=max
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This only comparable one I could find near me. Same price, with older engine, no mods. Mods alone are around $2k. I'm not stuck on price, if someone really wants it. If not, it doesn't eat much.

Originally posted by wgpierce:

You might want to rethink the asking price on this. Have a look around on Craigslist, there are a few comparables out there that may help you set the right price.

This is a good site to search CL:

http://www.searchtempest.co...Year=min&maxYe ar=max

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya I would say more like 4 k based on the pics
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't only stick to looking near you as people who want these could be from anywhere.

There is one I'm thinking of right now that is on CL but I didn't think appropriate to post hat link in your thread

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock