For sale: 5 speed Getrag transmission by j bf1
Started on: 06-19-2017 02:35 PM
Replies: 6 (1185 views)
Last post by: j bf1 on 01-14-2019 04:05 PM
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased a complete drop-in 3800sc motor (from a forum member) for my 88 GT, transmission came with the package and I don't need it. I split the transmission case and it looks to be in great condition. Pictures available upon request. Make me an offer? John

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood (modded)
'00 Corvette vert. 6spd Yellow/Black (lightly modded)
'05 Colorado Xtreme Black/Graphite
'13 CanAm Spyder ST-S SE5 Pearl Yellow (modded)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to sway you from selling it, especially if someone needs it in the area, but I would think about keeping it... The transmission is the weak link in the swap, the cases tend to crack with the added power of the 3800.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chooko

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Not to sway you from selling it, especially if someone needs it in the area, but I would think about keeping it... The transmission is the weak link in the swap, the cases tend to crack with the added power of the 3800.

Ain't that the truth. I know three guys that have blown the Getrag case apart with 3800SC engines. I believe that the addition of a rear dog bone mount may help extend the Getrags life as I've seen the cases break open around the mount bracket. Bottom line is that you are putting 270 ft lbs of torque into a transmission designed for a max of 200. BTW, Fiero Getrags are in short supply and bringng big money these days!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Ain't that the truth. I know three guys that have blown the Getrag case apart with 3800SC engines. I believe that the addition of a rear dog bone mount may help extend the Getrags life as I've seen the cases break open around the mount bracket. Bottom line is that you are putting 270 ft lbs of torque into a transmission designed for a max of 200. BTW, Fiero Getrags are in short supply and bringng big money these days!

Thanks for the info.

j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock