Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Looking to buy an Fiero in August. Trying to gain interest now.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking to buy an Fiero in August. Trying to gain interest now. by bigjoe25
Started on: 06-05-2017 02:06 AM
Replies: 5 (618 views)
Last post by: BrewCheese on 06-27-2017 08:44 PM
bigjoe25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize I'm jumping the gun here but maybe someone will hook me up and wait with me. I got on SSI a year ago in August 2016 and it takes a year to get back pay. Well here in two months I'm going to have quite a bit of cash. I have bills I have to pay but I figure after I pay all that, and save $2000 in my bank account for a rainy day I'll still have about $4,000 to play with. (You can't have more than $2,000 in the bank and still get SSI so if I don't spend it, I lose it. Don't worry, I'm going back to work in November, I'm not a deadbeat. Trump is going to take away SSI anyway.)

I'm wanting a fiero, looking for a driver not a show car. High miles is fine. It also must run and drive and be in daily driver status. $4,000 should get me a decent example with the specs I want. It doesn't have to be perfect. However I do have some stipulations. No rust is a given. I can deal with SLIGHT surface rust but no gaping holes or anything. Also it HAS to be an 88, the only non-88's I'll take is an 84 indy or a car with an engine swap like a 3800SC, but I strongly prefer a stock 88. Anyway it also must be a hardtop, absolutely no sunroofs or t-tops. I strongly prefer automatics, I'm 6'5" tall and my left knee gets stuck between the steering wheel and the door and I can't move a clutch very well in these cars. Maybe a smaller steering wheel would help but I can avoid all that by just getting an auto. I like manual roll up windows, manual locks, and manual rear view mirrors. Power windows on a Formula or base is a WASTE and undesirable in my opinion. I strongly prefer base model 4 bangers or Formulas with the above said options but will consider an 88 hardtop automatic GT. I don't care if the A/C works but the heater must work. If your car has an engine swap, that's fine by me but for my price I doubt I'll find one that's already swapped.

Here's another kicker, I'm in Cincinnati Ohio and you -must- deliver the car to me. I don't care if you're 20 miles away or 2000, you MUST come to me. Either get a truck with a trailer, drive it to me and have someone follow you, drive it here and take a bus/plane back, or rent a car to drive back, I don't care how you do it but the car has to be delivered to me. I will not come to you to pick it up. I realize I'm buying the car sight-unseen so please be honest describing your car! Again, you get CASH, no paypal, no checks, no bullshit, just cold hard cash in your hand when you hand me the keys to the car.

The best way to reach me bar-none is email. jmwagner866@gmail.com
You can also reach me via TEXT at 513-635-2315. I am hearing impaired so I WILL NOT answer your phone call. I cannot hear you so I can't talk on the phone!
You can also PM me here but the other two methods are much better ways of getting a hold of me, I forget to check PM's 99% of the time so it may go unanswered for a long time.

I realize I'm being picky and difficult and $4,000 really isn't a whole lot to mess around with. If I was buying a under 10k miles car for 20+ grand then maybe my demands wouldn't seem so harsh. Anyway it is what is it. Someone has to be brave enough to help me out.

[This message has been edited by bigjoe25 (edited 06-05-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay with their DAS auto shipping is your best bet for a situation like yours.

Nothing against you, but unless it's local few people have the time to drive a car out, sight unseen, hoping to get paid when they get there...

Maybe if you pay up front rather than on delivery you may be more successful
bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KennyC:

Ebay with their DAS auto shipping is your best bet for a situation like yours.

Nothing against you, but unless it's local few people have the time to drive a car out, sight unseen, hoping to get paid when they get there...

Maybe if you pay up front rather than on delivery you may be more successful

Yeah I'm just afraid if I wire the money and then they never show. Ebay has some protection against that so I may end up going that route. I've done it before with success when I bought an old volvo 780 bertone turbo coupe and had it shipped.

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Living in Ohio you are in the rust belt, that means further for someone to drive for the kind of car you are looking for unless there is a car that has come from the southern states that the owner wants to part with.

Good Luck!
bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

Living in Ohio you are in the rust belt, that means further for someone to drive for the kind of car you are looking for unless there is a car that has come from the southern states that the owner wants to part with.

Good Luck!

Yeah I know. Its going to be difficult but not impossible!
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be listing mine soon but doesn't fit most of your criteria. Its a 87 GT mostly stock, almost zero rust, 122k, sunroof and almost all power options. I live about 4 hours away so delivery is really not a big deal. If you change your criteria and are interested let me know.

Jason

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock