Started on: 05-28-2017 12:02 PM
Replies: 64 (4411 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 01-11-2021 09:54 AM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Dan for your most excellent review!

Always appreciate being appreciated. Glad you like the panels.

You know we need to see some pics after you get them on your car. Course, if you take as long to mount them as we did to get them to you....I'll check back this time next year!

Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything about finishing/mounting I can help you with...outside of coming to KS!

Seriously, very happy you are pleased, and a sincere thanks for expressing it here.

PARADOX, I am in south eastern OH.

HAGO!
IP: Logged
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

This is the "official" announcement that Fierowarehouse is no longer doing business with the public.

SageGlassWorks is now handling the fiberglass parts that Fierowarehouse offered.

I, (Sage = SageGlassWorks), have always been the one who made all the new fiberglass parts that Fierowarehouse handled and sold.

Nothing has changed except Doug, (Fierowarehouse owner/operator), is no longer involved with Fieros, fiero parts or anything having to do with Fiero's...at least at present.

There is no web site. Many PFF members have purchased parts from us (Fierowarehouse/SageGlassWorks) over the last nearly 20 years.

Everything that we ever made, is still available.

Any inquiries/orders should be directed to the SGW email: sgwfiberglass@gmail.com

If you have/had an order in with Doug, it would probably be a good idea to drop me a note at the above email, letting me know, so we can get your order/parts to you.

I have been in contact with several folks who I know had orders in, and most of them are ready to ship, but I need verification and to make arrangement for payment/shipping preferences.

Hope to continue providing quality parts for your Fiero in the future.

Thanks for looking...& HAGO!

Hey Ted,
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and thanx for continuing to support our group. Best of luck to Doug, also.

I guess this means the 308 will move along even slower. I was really looking forward to seeing your talents used on that.

Take care, bud...

Bob
dobie1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Ted
I was wondering what you were up to.
Wow after what I've read perhaps I don't want to get into building kits!

Keep up the good work I always like the products You and Doug produced and sold, it hard to find "good quality "custom parts for the Fiero.

Wayne
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2019 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

How much is this panel or the round version? What is the diameter of the round hole?

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-09-2019).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2019 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my 2 cents- I also met Sage a few years back when he came up to Canada to dig through a smelly pile of garbage with me to look for old Fiero kit car molds.... Great guy and a man of his word! He promised me a set of side scoops for my troubles and delivered a great product as promised. Too bad that they were stolen from my garage a while later.... but hey, that's life

I hope he continues to make great parts!

Peter
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2019 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have pictures of the flat chin spoiler? as in not notched? interested.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2019 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anaverin:

Does anyone have pictures of the flat chin spoiler? as in not notched? interested.

Here's one from a few years ago...the owner removed the center post for a little different look, but it shows the straight bottomed spoiler, as opposed to the "notch-bottomed".

HAGO!

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

How much is this panel or the round version? What is the diameter of the round hole?

Are you not making this one?
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2019 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, i give SAGE! what is the cost and turnaround time?
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Are you not making this one?

I do have plans of producing the C4 style panel.

I've had the plug finished for several months now, but haven't had time to make the mold yet. Haven't been able to do any fiberglassing for quite a while, due to issues with my wife's health and not being able to spend any time away from the house to speak of.

Here's a pic of the plug:

Since that was taken, more finish work was done and it is mounted on the stand required to make the mold, but that's as far as I got up to now. Hope to be back at it sometime in the spring.

Originally posted by anaverin:

Ok, i give SAGE! what is the cost and turnaround time?

Retail on the Sage chin spoilers is now $350 + shipping, which can get pricey....BUT as I said above, I'm not able to make any parts at present...so turn around time, (which is usually somewhere between 2-8 weeks), is a non-issue right now.

Sorry for not being in "production mode" currently, but family comes first and right now mine takes precedent.

I truly wish things were different, but they are what they are for the time being. "This too shall pass"....just a matter of who might still be interested when I AM able to get back to it.

We are an "instant gratification" society now, it seems, so waiting and patience seem to have taken their place along with common sense in a lot of instances!

Thanks everyone for your interest and especially to those who I've been in contact with during this "interlude" and have understood and agreed to wait on the parts they ordered.

HAGO!

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long it can be made again i think that is what matters most. There will be more fiero shows
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you, Tedd!
Take care of yourself and your family. First and foremost.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2019 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed that information on your wife, if I did I apologize for seeming to be pushy. I have had the last year of the (assuming) same thing with my wife. Her out come looks good and I hope the same for your wife as well.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 03-13-2019).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2019 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you still in marietta ohio? also, do you sell any battery relocation trays?
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

are you still in marietta ohio? also, do you sell any battery relocation trays?

Yes.....and.....no.

I think you can still get a relocation tray from Archie....Archie's relocation tray

He still has somebody doing his fiberglass manufacturing for him.

HAGO!

SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ted, you have any parts already made and ready to go at all?
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Hey Ted, you have any parts already made and ready to go at all?

No....sorry I don't. Materials are just too expensive and lately, my time in too short supply, to spend either trying to maintain an "inventory".

I've always had a hard time "keeping up" with parts demands, even with as small a market as the FIero provides...as this as always been a part time enterprise for me...so everything is "made to order"...first come...first served.

Occasionally, I'll make something for somebody and they have an "emergency" preventing them from following through, and I'll end up with a part that's up for grabs, but unfortunately, none exist at present.

Even when this situation does occur, I usually don't have the part very long.

I hope to be back "slinging resin" before too much longer. My wife is making progress, but she is just not to the point where I feel comfortable leaving her alone yet.

Funny thing is...everyone I've looked into helping to look after her and her daily needs....wants PAID!....and I don't mean "baby sitting" rates either....like they all want more per hour than I have EVER made or averaged doing anything I've ever done, including and maybe especially, "slinging resin".

Sorry....didn't mean to get side tracked there, but sometimes it does get to me....the "money" game. Guess I'm still just an "old hippy" at heart.

HAGO!

SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understandable!

Let us know when you get back to "slinging resin" . I might pick up my first bumper pad car, mostly because I really like your chin spoiler for those.
oldrock2401

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2019 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you an email sage
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldrock2401:

Sent you an email sage

If you are "RG"....then I just answered it. If you're not...then I didn't get it...yet.

HAGO!

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A quick bump, and a couple new pics of the ride, with some new goodies.

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage makes some high quality parts but it seems that he is at a point in life where his business for whatever reason is now coasting along at a very slow pace. There are only a few custom fiberglass parts makers left in the Fiero hobby so I would say if you can buy now as this part of the hobby is slowly going away. Kahines, Fiero Fiberglass and IRM have all gone away. JIm Cleary/Fiero Performance has some new stuff in the works that will debut later this year. As for Sage, I'll let him speak for himself.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
As for Sage, I'll let him speak for himself.

Why don't you do that, instead of speculating about him, and then plugging other vendors in his thread.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-10-2021).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will just say that what occupies most of my time at present, (and basically for the last 16 years), can hardly be described as "coasting"...though it may appear as such from afar.

I would like nothing better than to be able to get up at 6am, grab a bite to eat, and head to the shop. Make a set or two of quarter panels, maybe a decklid spoiler, and something else. Doesn't work that way anymore, and hasn't for a long time. I don't see it changing much in the immediate future.

I have plugs nearly finished waiting to have molds made, I have orders for parts...some nearly two years old. I'm sure at least some of these folks have "moved on" or don't even have a Fiero any longer!

If I "order" something, especially if I have to pay for it in advance, I want it NOW. I want to get the notice that my order's been received, that my order is being shipped and a tracking site that allows me to observe the progress of my order all the way to my door. I'm sure most others who "order" things, feel similar. It's one of the reasons, I don't take money till your parts are ready to ship. I try to be honest and up front with people, letting them know that I can't do "deadlines" and that it could be a very substantial wait for me to make the parts they want.

I am sort of "stuck" at home quite a bit. The computer provides some outlet, but most of the time I'm occupied with taking care of business, and I don't mean the fiberglass "business". It has always been more of a side gig from the beginning. How it could be anything else, when talking about producing product for just the Fiero? I have to hand it to the Fiero Store...they must be doing something right!

Why don't I move my shop to my house? I live in town. The smell of resin curing or the first time I tried to spray gel coat, I'm relatively certain somebody would show up to shut me down. Yea...if I was independently wealthy I could build a structure to house all of the activities involved with fiberglass production. I don't know, maybe I just lack "vision" or good business sense. I can see where somebody else doing what I do, may have already expanded into other vehicles, new production methods and definitely found somebody ELSE to do the "grunt" work of day to day production of these parts. But it ain't me. I like hands on, I LIKE "creating" something from nothing. Starting with raw materials following the procedures I learned and ending up with an item I can use, or somebody else wants.

So I could go on and on here, write a book trying to "explain" my position. But to what end? Things are what they are, and the world will go on spinning (no matter at what speed ) and I will continue on the path I've been on. I plan to make all the parts that I have "orders" for, and contact the people who ordered them when the parts are ready. If they are no longer interested, (quite understandably), then I will offer them to the next person on the "list", or just put them up for sale here or on "the bay".

I do the best I can with what I have to work with. After all, if it were "easy"....everybody would do it!

Thanks to those who understand and put up with my crap. It's for people like you that I stay involved and inspired.

And thank you Steve....you are always "there"....or "here" depending on your perspective. Ever see the Peter Sellers movie "Being There".....great flic! Chauncy likes to watch!LOL!

So although it may look like I'm "coasting"...I'm actually peddling as fast as I can.....just can't get it in a steeper gear!

Thanks for the space and for reading, if you made it this far.

HAGO!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:
And thank you Steve....you are always "there"....or "here" depending on your perspective.

Yup. I'm pretty much always here. Probably to the consternation of some.
But you (and Doug) have always done right by me (even when I've had "issues"), and by lots of other folks, too. So I will support you whenever I can. (And I'll be sure to get my order in, substantially before I need something. )

Ever see the Peter Sellers movie "Being There".....great flic!

I'll have to check it out. I like Peter Sellers. (I wonder what his parents were thinking. That would make a great name for a gigolo.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-11-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock