Rebody Kit for your Tired Fiero by dobie1
Started on: 05-13-2017 11:27 PM
Replies: 31 (2165 views)
Last post by: dobie1 on 06-20-2017 01:07 AM
dobie1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2017 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a couple of months away from production of the kits but I thought I would like to gauge if there is any interest in the kit.

The Rebody kit will require only minor modification to your existing cars front clip to accommodate the new headlight buckets as well as a small amount of minor welding.
A widened suspension front and rear will also be needed due to the extremly wide body. I would also recommend a big brake upgrade.

The build is in Fiero chat
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094559.html

Check out page 4 for the latest pics.

Cheers
Wayne
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Wayne,
Do you have a target price for those that might be interested?

Good luck with the sales.

Bob
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Bob
Thanks for the input, always appreciated.
I'm just putting together a list of what will be included in the kit and the base price for the kit.
My goal is to produce a Rebody that an person with some average abilities can complete. With the following goals.

1. Require no stretch to the frame unless someone wants to do a longitudinal engine build. The rear body panels would then require a stretch.
2. Is a true bolt on , all supports will use Fiero OEM attachment points where ever possible
3. Also quality panels with no warpage, that fit like they are suppose to. This ensures that if someone has an accident they can get replacement panels that are the same as the originals.

Once the molds are ready I'll produce the first set of panels which I'll install on a 85 Fiero GT. At the same time I'm going to produce an installation how to video that will come with the kits.

I won't use the F word anywhere as I'm not looking for legal problems. So let's call it Fiero 288.2.0

If anyone is interested in the car and would like a price list and what is included please email me.
dobie444@gmail.com

Thanks for looking.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2017 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tremendously more exciting model, the 288. Now one of my favorites. Wish you would consider doing stretch panels. I don't have the time it would take to develop the skill.
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Tremendously more exciting model, the 288. Now one of my favorites. Wish you would consider doing stretch panels. I don't have the time it would take to develop the skill."

Hi Sourmash
Well once my car is finally and fully finished I am seriously considering doing a longitudinal engine install and body stretch. So you might get your wish?😀
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been watching this for awhile and LOVE the car !! I have a 3 1/4 streatched 88 T top chassis I was going to do another widebody on but THIS body I might want more. IM me details and pricing please

Boz
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
somebody save me reading this whole thing... does this soon to be kit need to be on a stretched frame, stock frame or are you talking just the front end?
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Easy8

I designed the car and kit to be mounted on a stock non stretched frame.
Having said that if you have the ability to do some fibreglassing it could be stretched if you already have a stretched frame.

Cheers
Wayne😀

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 05-16-2017).]

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info.. If making one hell of a mess with fiberglass and probably getting my hand stuck in the stuff counts. Well then I have mad fiberglass skills. I love the look but will not be in the market for a couple of years. Do no have a stretched frame so that will not be an issue. I will keep an eye on this, thanks again.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2017 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably 90% of the people would want the non-stretch platform. They want to bolt it on and be done.
rotarycraig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rotarycraigSend a Private Message to rotarycraigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the target date for releasing for sale? super interested in this.
PFF
System Bot
GMann20

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMann20Send a Private Message to GMann20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yes. Oh YES OH YES! Now let's see if the budget will bear the slobber I am making.

------------------
G L Mann Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few shots of the car from photo bucket

http://s36.photobucket.com/....jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-09-2017).]

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobie1

450 posts
Member since Jun 2005
Duplicate post edited.

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-09-2017).]

aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love the body. it would be in my bucket list to build a car around that body, probably not in the near future though. Too many other projects at the moment.
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had to pick a re-body kit it would be the Lozardo one.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have owned two Fiero Re-Bodies and let me say Dobie you are doing an outstanding job! Absolutely beautiful work!
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Van always appreciate the positive comments.

"Fieroall" not everyone is looking for the modern look I tried to update a classic with some modern super car features.😀

Thanks for looking

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the good work. Very nice.
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I apologize if this is too straightforward but can you just post estimated price as to what this kit might cost that way I know if I am dreaming or if this is something doable once you're ready
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Freedom
Thanks for the interest.

I have posted my email address above dobie444@gmail.com for anyone interested in the proposed pricing.
I figure anyone interested can email me for the pricing.
PFF
System Bot
rennaizxance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennaizxanceSend a Private Message to rennaizxanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your kit looks amazing and I've read through almost all of the thread there. One quick question, how far out from the original panels do these stick? I'm trying to get in mind what kind of wheel upgrades I'd need to extend out to the wide body. Thanks
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Renn
The back end was widened 4" on both sides the front 2" both sides. From the original 308 panels.
Thanks for looking,

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-05-2017).]

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Renn and anyone else that might be interested I took a measurment last night that I think might help you a bit more referenceing for suspension and wheels.
Taking a point off the Fiero from the inner wheel well sheat metal just above where the stock brake line coupler is mounted ,to the outer wheel lip of the body is 18.5" on the rear.
The front was a bit more challenging to get a reference,I used the stock shock to the wheel lip with weight on wheels came to 18".
I hope this helps
Wayne

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-07-2017).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bucket list. Yeah I'd love to do this. If business goes well this year I'm in price depending

------------------

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say while I'm not a huge fan of that style Ferrari, your rework is masterful, that's one sexy beast that I would be proud to be seen in!
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2017 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why the big secret on the SMRP
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing to hide but I don't do business on a open forum.
I feel that if someone can't spend the time to email me for pricing information then your truly not in the market.

I've had lots of people email to enquire on the kit proposed pricing.

I've made enquirers to people in the business of making kits and parts to come up with a fair price. I don't think people realize how much time, energy, effort and materials went into getting it to where it is now.
Wait till I start building molds! You can scrimp a little if you don't really care about making many pulls, but if you want good molds, that'll last a long time if you treat them right and do the maintenance with diligence, it'll take some doing..and time...and materials! And a lot more money.
I'm not looking to just throw a bunch of kits on the market that are just crap that's not fair to the people that put out their hard earned money. It is certainly not fair to this car it is truly a one of a kind car based on a true classic and it's certainly not for everyone. I had decided that I was only going to produce 12 kits total, two for myself and 10 for sale. But I've decided that I'm not going to put out kits for sale and will keep the car for myself.
Thanks to everyone for your comments and enquiries.
Wayne

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-15-2017).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobie1:

I had decided that I was only going to produce 12 kits total, two for myself and 10 for sale. But I've decided that I'm not going to put out kits for sale and will keep the car for myself.
Thanks to everyone for your comments and enquiries.
Wayne

Well thats the shits. You actually had a very decent price for the time involved in making the kit. Especially a one-off kit like this one that was never produced before.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-15-2017).]

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Adam
I thought it was a fair price as well for one of these.

Regards
Wayne
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious on why the rather quick change of heart on the making of these kits. Was it just lack of interest? You can PM the details if you prefer.
PFF
System Bot
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

Curious on why the rather quick change of heart on the making of these kits. Was it just lack of interest? You can PM the details if you prefer.

"PM sent"
Wayne

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock