Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  F23 shifter cable brackets and "anti slop" bushings now availible! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F23 shifter cable brackets and "anti slop" bushings now availible! by BV MotorSports
Started on: 05-08-2017 12:08 PM
Replies: 46 (3227 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 04-15-2020 05:43 AM
Internet-man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2019 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely interested in acquiring one in about 6 weeks, after I get my Pisa console this Friday, Mr. Mikes upholstery in a couple weeks and my wheel recovered the week after that lol
IP: Logged
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2019 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, we continue to have batches produced as long as there is a demand for the shift bracket and bushings. Call (850) 640-3777 to order.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Will:

Edit: Why did you make it point way out there and not check it with stock cables?

Because the shifter cables would hit the 3800 exhaust crossover tube. Mounting the shifter bracket in this fashion frees up space for a turbo and its assorted plumbing.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2019 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by Leukay:

I purchased the bracket kit for my 88 with F23, but strangely I had interference with the cables and the shock tower. I was able to slot the mounting holes and clock the bracket clockwise and it has been working well. I appreciate the quality pieces!

Thanks for the review. On 88's the strut towers are much closer than the 84-87. We designed this kit on an 88 and its a tight fit. What makes this really difficult is the wide variety of 3800 swap mounts out there. Our bracket was designed with the assumption the drivetrain would be installed centrally in the engine bay (side to side).
pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in a set of bushings if available, PM sent.
Monstertone

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count on me for the full shift kit + a set of mounting brackets for '88 cradle to F23 Cobalt FY1 w/Cavalier metric bell housing.
What length cables do I need & can I get in on a group order?

[This message has been edited by Monstertone (edited 04-13-2020).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also interested in a set with mounts for an 88. Pls add me to the list if these are still being made
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock