Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  F23 shifter cable brackets and "anti slop" bushings now availible! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F23 shifter cable brackets and "anti slop" bushings now availible! by BV MotorSports
Started on: 05-08-2017 12:08 PM
Replies: 46 (3202 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 04-15-2020 05:43 AM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I am proud to announce some new products! BVM and Euro Pacific Auto has teamed up to bring some new and exciting products to the Fiero community. Where we go from here depends on the success of these 2 items. We have 20 sets IN STOCK. Grab 'em quick at these introductory prices!!!!

F23 swap shifter cable bracket
2 piece set $195
Made from high quality, lazer cut STAINLESS STEEL.
Simple and effective solution for the popular Getrag F23 swap.
Take the guess work out of mounting the shifter cables.
Made using CAD manufacturing, resulting in a consistent fitment and superior quality.

F23 shifter selector "anti slop" bushings Both bushings $85
Made from Delrin and UHMW Polyethylene, these 2 bushings will transform the way your F23 shifts.
More direct & positive shifts
Most aftermarket bushings are made from white nylon, which is the same material as the worn out OEM bushings. EP bushings are made from DELRIN and UHMW Polyethylene which are far superior to their factory counterparts.

Complete F23 kit including both bushings and shifter cable brackets $280 + shipping

Call Euro Pacific Auto @ (850)640-3777

Installation video

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-08-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look very nice! What cables are you using?
PARAD0X

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a typo in the phone number. Luckily the bracket has it etched into it in the picture. =D

When will you have the mounts ready?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used cables from California Push Pull on my build.

(530) 893-4060

The dont have a p/n. You just call CPP and tell them its for a Fiero with the F23 swap and the length of the cable. 76" for the shift and 74" for the select if I remember correctly.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-08-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by PARAD0X:

There's a typo in the phone number. Luckily the bracket has it etched into it in the picture. =D

When will you have the mounts ready?

We are in the early stages with the mounts. Dave wants to see how these sell before he moves on to the next project. As you can imagine, there is quite a bit of time and money wrapped up into production.
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

We are in the early stages with the mounts. Dave wants to see how these sell before he moves on to the next project. As you can imagine, there is quite a bit of time and money wrapped up into production.

Well, I just gave your first order for the full shift kit, so hopefully you'll move forward on the mounts.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I just gave your first order for the full shift kit, so hopefully you'll move forward on the mounts.

Thank you for your order!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several orders have come in, thank you all so very much. Please post your installed pics and reviews below. Myself and Dave will be reading all your comments.

Dont forget, you can find us on fb!

https://www.facebook.com/Eu...ech-443907745813649/

https://www.facebook.com/K2..._id=1494273736131423
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold a few more kits. Keep them coming in! This will help me show Dave there is a market for Fiero parts and we can get working on some new stuff.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-12-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jay-ID

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my brackets and bushing. The quality looks great. This was the main area that made me reluctant to do the F23 swap. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine immediately, full kit. Quality looks superb, and customer service was great. They even called me to make sure everything was received, and to check whether or not I was satisfied. Definitely buying more from EP when they're ready to produce the other parts.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your reviews! We usually ship the same day. Typically within an hr of taking an order. The p/o is right next to the shop. Oh, and we are making a limited run of F23 trans mounts this coming week. Yep, you ask, we deliver.

Thank you all so much.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-21-2017).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just installed this kit and it works awesome. Just like GM made them. All gears shift smooth a perfect fit. Took about 5 minutes to install. After 2 years of fighting with the other bracket I can finally shift like it should. Thanks for making these!!!
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey BV, do you want to start a group buy thread for the mount? Antonio said it would definitely help them to prioritize it if they got like 10 people willing to go in for the F23 mount kit. I can start a thread if you want, but I figured this is your deal, so I'd ask first.
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PARAD0X

121 posts
Member since Feb 2017

I used cables from California Push Pull on my build.

(530) 893-4060

The dont have a p/n. You just call CPP and tell them its for a Fiero with the F23 swap and the length of the cable. 76" for the shift and 74" for the select if I remember correctly.

Oh, and for this, I just got off the phone with CA Push and Pull, the cables prices were $124.91 for the shift cable and $108.32 for the select cable, just in case anyone was wondering. The knew exactly what I was asking for when I called.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, and for this, I just got off the phone with CA Push and Pull, the cables prices were $124.91 for the shift cable and $108.32 for the select cable, just in case anyone was wondering. The knew exactly what I was asking for when I called.

Did you get the optional uprated thermal coating? They'll be black if you do.

As for a GB, we are going to discuss this very topic tomorrow.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

Just installed this kit and it works awesome. Just like GM made them. All gears shift smooth a perfect fit. Took about 5 minutes to install. After 2 years of fighting with the other bracket I can finally shift like it should. Thanks for making these!!!

Thank you for your review!

PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, they didn't offer the upgraded thermal coating. Does it offer any other benefit besides color? If so, then I'm sorry I missed out.
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, so I got ahold of CA Push n Pull. They hadn't made my cables yet, and were willing to upgrade me to the better cable housing. Apparently the grey housing handles up to 250 ish Fahrenheit but the black housing is rated up to 350 ish Fahrenheit. I figured since my goals are to upgrade the engine slightly down the road, I'd get the upgraded housing. It cost an additional $15 for the shift cable and $20 for the select cable.

By the way, Dave is hoping for 10 people committed to buy the F23 mount kit. Did you guys figure a cost yet?
Jay-ID

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in buying transmission mounts (for an 88) if you end up making them
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are working on mounts. No ETA at this time.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yay
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a kit with mounts. I have no time lately
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I'm in for a kit with mounts. I have no time lately

Please make sure you call the shop and ask to be placed on "the list".
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have about 11 sets left, get them while you can!
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please make sure you call the shop and ask to be placed on "the list".

How's this list looking? Any closer to getting a set?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Copping a set just as soon as I can get my LDK swap underway...
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered a bracket kit last week on Ebay, got here this morning, nice looking parts...
Will update when installed.

Joe
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006
Install took about 20 min, I can't begin to imagine how much work this kit saved me...IMG_20180226_144446911 by Joseph Martin, on Flickr
IMG_20180226_144419664 by Joseph Martin, on Flickr
The brackets provide good angles on the cables.

Joe
PFF
System Bot
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2018 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what year f23 does this work on
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Why did you make it point way out there and not check it with stock cables?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 03-22-2018).]

Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm absolutely down for a full kit if some are still available. Also - do you have any '88 mounts to get the F23 on the cradle? Or is it just the shift/anti-slop kit?
Leukay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the bracket kit for my 88 with F23, but strangely I had interference with the cables and the shock tower. I was able to slot the mounting holes and clock the bracket clockwise and it has been working well. I appreciate the quality pieces!
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leukay:

I purchased the bracket kit for my 88 with F23, but strangely I had interference with the cables and the shock tower. I was able to slot the mounting holes and clock the bracket clockwise and it has been working well. I appreciate the quality pieces!

did you make your own mounts? if not who's did you use?
I had the same issue. I went through a couple different sets of mounts for various reasons. I ended up with part fierorog, part thelin.

------------------
87 Fiero GT- 98 L67 swap - (SOLD)
88 Fiero Formula- L67 swap in progress
T-Top 672 of 1252

Leukay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:
did you make your own mounts? if not who's did you use?
I had the same issue. I went through a couple different sets of mounts for various reasons. I ended up with part fierorog, part thelin.

I used the thelin rear mount and had to fab my own front mount since I didn't find a supplier for one. Everything lined up and is straight, just for some reason the shifter bracket ended up putting the cables through the shock tower a bit. All appears well now after slotting and clocking the shifter bracket though.
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leukay:

I used the thelin rear mount and had to fab my own front mount since I didn't find a supplier for one. Everything lined up and is straight, just for some reason the shifter bracket ended up putting the cables through the shock tower a bit. All appears well now after slotting and clocking the shifter bracket though.

have any photos of your mount or the modified adapter? I'm not crazy with my mounts and have a suspicion it won't last under some duress

Leukay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

have any photos of your mount or the modified adapter? I'm not crazy with my mounts and have a suspicion it won't last under some duress

I'll PM you a couple photos of what I came up with. I will also be keeping a close eye on my front bracket as it's the first I've ever made. I plan to build a new one once I work on my TIG skills.
GSingh94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSingh94Send a Private Message to GSingh94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still being sold?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock