Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Anyone interested in clear front turn signals?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone interested in clear front turn signals? by Raydar
Started on: 05-05-2017 06:36 PM
Replies: 13 (654 views)
Last post by: tshark on 06-13-2019 03:06 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I've found a way to do it. (Going to try it on my own car, first.)

What are they worth to you? Price plus shipping.
They would only be sold on an exchange basis. If enough people are interested, I might try to run down some cores.

Your thoughts?

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd probably be interested in a set or two!

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at what I am going to have to do, in order to make this work.
The lenses will be significantly thinner than the originals.

I'm going to install them on my car, and see how they hold up. Heat from the lamps is my biggest concern.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know I could use six to eight! Depending on how many cars I have when you do them.
87fiero2017

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fiero2017Send a Private Message to 87fiero2017Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for interest!
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. The big problem with the TFS version was that the lens would separate from the housing.

Would this be the lens only?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

You shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. The big problem with the TFS version was that the lens would separate from the housing.

Would this be the lens only?

Yeah. That's what happened with my TFS lens. Fortunately, it just dropped down into the pocket, and didn't fall off the car. But it did give me an idea...

Mine shouldn't do that. Time will tell, once I do my own and see how they hold up. (There are some other things that may - or may not - be issues. We shall see.)

I would be replacing the lenses (only) on an "exchange only" basis - using the original reflectors - since I don't have a bunch of "core" turn signals laying around.

Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One way around the heat of the lamp would be to go LED. Just converted everything and what a difference. Can't wait to see what you come up with, good luck.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2019 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar -
I know this is an old thread, but did you ever come up with these? Thinking some clear plexi super glued into place would do it? Got a pic?
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Raydar -
I know this is an old thread, but did you ever come up with these? Thinking some clear plexi super glued into place would do it? Got a pic?

I've got a pair on the Ghost. They seem to be holding up okay, but they're not where I want to be in terms of production readiness. (The lens material I came up with is way too thin for my liking.)
Pictures would be... unspectacular.

To tell the truth, about the time I started working on these, BTR came out with theirs. I wasn't prepared to compete, so I just didn't bother with them.
Now that they have ceased production, I might have to revisit.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was fortunate to grab a pair before they went under.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2019 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTR did not go under. They made a bit of money doing this, and a bunch of money doing something else. It made no sense to continue with BTR. For comparison, it was like 2 jobs; one paid $20/hr, the other $160/hr.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock