Started on: 05-04-2017 11:07 PM
Replies: 27 (1323 views)
Last post by: Troy Eckhardt on 04-03-2018 10:06 AM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD - Just sent $100 to Cliff via paypunks to support PFF.

They have about an inch of delam at the top, otherwise very good condition. They do have a little red paint on the black edge but that can be re-painted. I can't post photos from this computer but I can email them to someone - if you can post them for me that would be great.
Best offer over $600. $100 goes to Cliff to support PFF.
You can PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-03-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend posted photos on the Ga. Fiero Club forum, so you can see them there...
http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2692.0
If someone wants to transfer them here I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shoot if you get 600 for those I can for sure get 1000 for my mint set!

GLWS
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes you should be able to get a grand for a perfect set.
As everyone can see, I didn't bother wiping the dust off of the back of them...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-07-2017).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to thank IMSA for posting the pics...
Only one person interested so far?
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - in case someone missed this... :-)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your price might be a little high based on condition. A more reasonable price is probably around 250 to 300 for these. It's going to cost 200 for someone to refinish them. From my experience selling a few sets over the last year the going price for a clean set no delam that just need some clean up is between 400 and 600. I haven't seen anyone get north of 800 in the past year. Unless on eBay.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Your price might be a little high based on condition. A more reasonable price is probably around 250 to 300 for these. It's going to cost 200 for someone to refinish them. From my experience selling a few sets over the last year the going price for a clean set no delam that just need some clean up is between 400 and 600. I haven't seen anyone get north of 800 in the past year. Unless on eBay.

Refinish?
How friggin perfect do they have to be?
They look pretty good to me.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sold a set of new Fiero Store repros for $900 ($1000 shipped). Plenty of people posted in my thread dogging my price, but one person messaged me and bought them...
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to each his own, this set is extremely delaminated. if you just need a replacement because yours are broken these would work. If you need a replacement for a show car these wont work!

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Refinish?
How friggin perfect do they have to be?
They look pretty good to me.

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jjd2296

1424 posts
Member since Jan 2016
Its all supply and demand, GT fastback tail lights are worth what the top buyer will pay. Its like low mile GT's some people think their worth 10k+ others don't. To get a grand for a perfect set of tail lights is all about timing. If you want to sell them and not sit and wait then my average prices are where the market is at.

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I sold a set of new Fiero Store repros for $900 ($1000 shipped). Plenty of people posted in my thread dogging my price, but one person messaged me and bought them...

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

to each his own, this set is extremely delaminated. if you just need a replacement because yours are broken these would work. If you need a replacement for a show car these wont work!

Yea, you`re right, I didn`t really notice the delamination upon first look but now I see.
Mine are in really good shape.
I`m going to be replacing mine with a single panel with the 4 cutouts for lights but you can bet I will be holding onto mine.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exhaust tips are those? I have been trying to look for those ones but I don't know where to find them? are they straight or the same L bend as the original tips?

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Yea, you`re right, I didn`t really notice the delamination upon first look but now I see.
Mine are in really good shape.
I`m going to be replacing mine with a single panel with the 4 cutouts for lights but you can bet I will be holding onto mine.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What exhaust tips are those? I have been trying to look for those ones but I don't know where to find them? are they straight or the same L bend as the original tips?

They are C5 or C6 Corvette tips.
I got mine from a company on Ebay that used to remove them from Corvettes but I think they are made by some aftermarket companies.
They have straight cut and slash cut.
Here are a few sellers.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/quad-exhaust-tips
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've seen a set with a lot worse delam go for $600 - so that's what I based my price on.
One person interested, so I guess he gets them...
Thanks everyone,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slightly delaminated, as the first post stated. Extremely delaminated is far, far worse.

The problem with NOS tail lights is that they will delaminate more quickly now than they would have when new, and then will need the same repair that any set would need. So, for $600 for the lights, plus $200 for the repair, you could have a beautiful set that won't delaminate, or you could wait for a $900 set that will delaminate.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 05-10-2017).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disagree but to each his own. the delem is caused by the car sitting out in the sun most of its life. If you have a set of nearly new lights with no delam, so long as you don't leave the car outside for days on end with the hot sun beating on them, you will be fine.

Originally posted by tshark:

Slightly delaminated, as the first post stated. Extremely delaminated is far, far worse.

The problem with NOS tail lights is that they will delaminate more quickly now than they would have when new, and then will need the same repair that any set would need. So, for $600 for the lights, plus $200 for the repair, you could have a beautiful set that won't delaminate, or you could wait for a $900 set that will delaminate.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have anymore like you said I'll buy half a dozen pairs off of you.... I have a pair NIB was offered 1500$ USD I turned down the offer. My last set that were near mint sold for 1200$ ... so I really dont know when you sold yours .. for that 400 to 600 range...

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a near mint set that I'm not selling. When I get another set I'll pm you so have your 1000 US ready.
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I might have found another decent set. Going to look at them on Saturday. Pictures look good no delam or cracks. Who wants them? Pm me a price I'll send pics
Cavvy09

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, where can one get the single panel with 4 cutouts anymore? I have been looking for those
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cavvy09:

Danyel, where can one get the single panel with 4 cutouts anymore? I have been looking for those

The PFF member who was making them has not produced them in ages... I think he will never make them available again...
regards
Danyel
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to ask if I should start making the one-piece panel, but I see in another thread that someone is going to start making them again...
The person who said they wanted the taillights has not responded to two PMs. So they're still up for grabs. Or maybe I should restore them myself & put them on egay.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
anaverin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your interested in selling one, let me know. I am looking for PON. email me anaverin@gmail.com
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD - Just sent $100 to Cliff via paypunks to support PFF.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Troy Eckhardt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Troy EckhardtSend a Private Message to Troy EckhardtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Paul.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock