Mera on eBay $17.5k, 20k miles by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 04-23-2017 10:39 PM
Replies: 17 (497 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 05-01-2017 01:24 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed this Mera listed on eBay. Not mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...AOSwVm5Y-3am&vxp=mtr
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crazy expensive.
Drewbdo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This sales price suggests that everything is bigger in Texas!

Nice looking car, but DANG! lol
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the pictures. The individual selling the MERA doesn't seem to be a Fiero guy. He has multiple classic Jaguars in the garage and driveway. He is looking at this as a 308 replica IMO. The MERA looks to be in great shape, but would love to see close up pictures.
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice if they kept these Ferrari decals off the vehicle including the steering wheel - If you want to maintain the value of the vehicle it s best you leave it stock and stop messing with it ---
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fgt1988:

Would be nice if they kept these Ferrari decals off the vehicle including the steering wheel - If you want to maintain the value of the vehicle it s best you leave it stock and stop messing with it ---

At least that all can be fixed easily!
yellow peril

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its the right color
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks good and appears to be a true low mileage example. I see the fading on the mirrors and that means it has been out in the sun more than the miles it shows. Close to all original. Could be brought back to original.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

At least that all can be fixed easily!

Not all that easy to source the letters and the nose badges are almost nonexistant so I doubt that it would be a "easy" fix. The price is pretty high for a stock Mera even if it only has the stated mileage. I know that the price is more than what was asked for the Prototype and more than what Bob Bracy's personal Mera (with a Northstar engine) sold for.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-27-2017).]

ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, assuming paint is somewhat faded but recoverable what does a good price sound like?
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

So, assuming paint is somewhat faded but recoverable what does a good price sound like?

$12k would be my upper limit and $10k would be more likely if I were to purchase this vehicle. A few years ago I turned down the opportunity to purchase a Mera owned by Bob Bracy (documented) and driven by his wife because I thought that it was overpriced at $14k with similar mileage to this Mera. It also had an auto transmission which I am not fond of.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson,

You are correct, ALMOST...but I do have a complete perfect set and I have been think of having copies made.

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Not all that easy to source the letters and the nose badges are almost nonexistant so I doubt that it would be a "easy" fix. The price is pretty high for a stock Mera even if it only has the stated mileage. I know that the price is more than what was asked for the Prototype and more than what Bob Bracy's personal Mera (with a Northstar engine) sold for.

Nelson

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nelson,

You are correct, ALMOST...but I do have a complete perfect set and I have been think of having copies made.

Someone should do that. But make sure you try to only sell them to real Mera owners. Not someone with a kit that then advertises it as a real Mera.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nelson,

Do you mean the nose badge or the letters. I have two or three sets of letters in the basement now but could use a new nose badge or two for my spares cabinet. BTW, if you are planning on copying the letters, John has already been through that process and had a set cast. He might be a source of newly cast letters. He also took the info about the letter sources that I gave him and bought up every one he could find so he might have spares also.

Nelson
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson,

I mean a full set of reproduced badges including center cap covers . You know I have done a lot of custom badges with my projects of the years, but these will be exact replicas.

Thanks for the heads up about John...I purchased one the handful of reproduced sets and was planning on chatting with him specially about that sometime this summer.

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Do you mean the nose badge or the letters. I have two or three sets of letters in the basement now but could use a new nose badge or two for my spares cabinet. BTW, if you are planning on copying the letters, John has already been through that process and had a set cast. He might be a source of newly cast letters. He also took the info about the letter sources that I gave him and bought up every one he could find so he might have spares also.

Nelson

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Rodney,

I totally agree. I badged my 328 replica as a REMERA...which was tribute to the MERA.
But I would ensure that I only sold these to MERA owners with a documented serial number...easy enough to verify.

Originally posted by Rodney:

Someone should do that. But make sure you try to only sell them to real Mera owners. Not someone with a kit that then advertises it as a real Mera.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nelson,

I mean a full set of reproduced badges including center cap covers . You know I have done a lot of custom badges with my projects of the years, but these will be exact replicas.

Thanks for the heads up about John...I purchased one the handful of reproduced sets and was planning on chatting with him specially about that sometime this summer.

I still have one original 1987 nose badge that could potentially be cleaned up enough to use for a reproduction model but my one original 1988 disappeared somewhere into limbo during one of my transcontinental moves. I have a couple of repros made by Tom for 87 and 88 Meras that are not currently installed on vehicles if it would be useful for the reproduction effort. I also have an original small center cap set with Mera lettering as well as a complete set of the large "hub caps/center cap covers", and several original complete/restored lettering sets.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-29-2017).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've already had a professional model maker reproduce the MERA letters for the trunk exactly from my original set. Also, I had Billet Badges scan them and reproduce them in billet. Further, I have at least one set of originals and at least one set of GRAND AM SE Pontiac badges ready for someone to modify the way the originals were made. If I could only get home from this God forsaken place for a few months...
JR

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock