WTB:Shark Gill style Quarters by Sharkbyte
Started on: 04-19-2017 08:03 PM
Replies: 7 (357 views)
Last post by: fgt1988 on 04-23-2017 06:36 PM
Sharkbyte

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkbyteSend a Private Message to SharkbyteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All.Looking for a set of Shark Gill style quarter glass replacement fiberglass panels.I bought a set of these a few years back and hope that someone has a decent used set to sell.Similar to the Fiero Fiberglass model but more Gill slats and narrower openings.Please PM me with an asking price and pics please.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were far discontinued many years back and the gentleman that had the mold was in Europe somewhere forgot the country but he has long gone and has not reproduced any more of them. I happen to have a set on my vehicle...and they re sure way different than the ones you see sold out there... If I could replicate the mold one day, I am confident, there would be some interested buyers.....I will try to post a pic sometime later so you can validate if that s the one you re referencing.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to See a picture of what you're talking about. I "Made a set a few years ago, but that was a "1 Off project". they Do Look Great, but a lot of work if you have to make them from scratch.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were originally made by Fiero1Fan on here. This is what they looked like:
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

They were originally made by Fiero1Fan on here. This is what they looked like:

Somewhat similar to the louvers on a Mera. This type of reproduction is currently available from F308/328 kit makers and several individuals. One thing to watch out for is a larger blind spot on the sides of the vehicle.

Nelson
Sharkbyte

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkbyteSend a Private Message to SharkbyteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep.,Those are the ones.I hope someone out there has a used set for sale.Love that style.A set of those and some taller wing stands would get my car close

[This message has been edited by Sharkbyte (edited 04-23-2017).]

fgt1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the pic posted earlier with the Red fiero is exactly what I have on my Fiero - As for the Mera or Ferrari 308 sail panels, I'm pretty sure the exact replica of the Mera or 308 will not fit on an GT as the rear quarter side panels are not cut the same and it would have to be custom cut for a GT. Unless someone thinks different but I could be wrong.... I had looked into them many years back and found out their window size for the panels are different size / cut..
fgt1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fgt1988

722 posts
Member since Jan 2005
yes Fiero1Fan it was goes by the name Timo .....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock