Started on: 04-15-2017 11:20 AM
Replies: 5 (1027 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-12-2018 08:26 AM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LS4/F40 Starter Bracket - $125 Shipped in the US - $20 shipping surcharge to Canada.

The LS4 only came from GM attached to a 4T65e-hd and the starter was mounted to the transmission, so there is no starter mount provision on the LS4 engine block. When you swap the LS4 into a Fiero with a manual transmission, you need a way to mount the starter on the transmission side.

This bracket bolts to the F40 transmission using 2 bellhousing bolts and accepts the stock LS4 starter. With this bracket, the mounting position of the starter remains in the stock LS4 position to avoid starter interference issues.

To install this bracket will require cutting and removing material from the bellhousing area to allow the bracket to fit and to create the opening for the starter gear to engage the ring gear. Several customers have completed the bellhousing modification with simple hand held tools - drill, saws all, and hand held grinder with a flapper disk.
For local customers I do offer the service of modifying the transmission bellhousing (for an additional fee) to accept the starter bracket and starter.

I can also adjust the placement of the bolt sleeves so this bracket can be used on other GM Metric transmission. If I don't have the specific transmission in storage, the buyer would need a set of calipers to measure the bellhousing flange thickness at the 2 bolt hole locations.

Inventory:
I have parts to make 20 starter brackets in stock and will order more as the inventory level drops below 5.

Payment:
Payment in full is due at time of order. I prefer paypal: fieroguruperformancellc@gmail.com

Shipment:
The LS4/F40 starter bracket will ship within 3-4 days of payment.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 02-07-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2017 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take one!

Ill send payment via paypal, and include the shipping address.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2017 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2018 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
October Bump!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock