wanting to buy a set of 88 GT engine vent brackets by handymanpat
Started on: 03-31-2017 08:49 PM
Replies: 10 (247 views)
Last post by: 2tone86gt on 09-16-2017 01:23 PM
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatClick Here to Email handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mounted a GT clip on my formula notch back and I am all set up except for the 88 GT engine vent brackets. I know I can probably make something that will work or I can just set the vents in place and they will probably be fine but I would use a set if I could get them.
Thanks Pat

IP: Logged

fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Click Here to Email fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you asking about the brackets rings around the top struts that the engine vents screws on ? U can PM me I may have a set available from an 88 GT but I d have to know what exactly u looking for .. Thanks --

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatClick Here to Email handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am still looking for the engine vent brackets. They are part of the round ring piece that screws down the shock assembly and there is a little bracket bracket that the engine vent sits on.
I am putting a fastback clip on my formula notch back and so I need the brackets that are for an 88 GT.
Thanks Pat

car54

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for car54Click Here to Email car54Send a Private Message to car54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not sure what the difference is but can the other be modified?

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (49)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by car54:

not sure what the difference is but can the other be modified?

The 88 GT is unique to the 88 due to the angle of the strut towers...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaClick Here to Email qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

better odds of finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Only found on 88 GT's, so its a rare part on a rare car, and only on those being parted out. easier to just make them out of angle iron IMO.

handymanpat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatClick Here to Email handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I figured I would just make something, it would just be cool to have the correct ones. Right now the vents are just sitting in place but I will secure them. I have the 88 shock tower round trim pieces and I will make a bracket to connect to them.
If someone has a set and wants to sell them I suppose I will have to see if I can justify the price or not.
Thanks Pat

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageClick Here to Email FierokingSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a set make me an offer.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtClick Here to Email 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump. If handyman don't want them i will buy them from you fiero king.

MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Click Here to Email MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a set complete with correct screws-make me an offer

2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtClick Here to Email 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr blue and fiero king you have pms

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock