WTB BTR white to amber fog lights by MaxwellSpy
Started on: 02-08-2017 03:19 PM
Replies: 5 (183 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 02-09-2017 03:20 AM
MaxwellSpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxwellSpySend a Private Message to MaxwellSpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subject says it all. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChugSend a Private Message to ChugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure that they had a white to amber "fog light" kit. What you may be referring to is that they used a clear front signal light housing and put a bulb in called a "switchback" that flips from white to amber depending on if it is in parking light mode or signal light mode.

https://www.blacktop.racing...835-bulbs-whiteamber (Bulbs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uucafuksDng (is this what you are looking for???)

If it is, the clear signal housings have been discontinued and the only place you may be able to find a pair would be here if someone has some that they will let go of.

Chug
MaxwellSpy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxwellSpySend a Private Message to MaxwellSpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chug, that video is what I'm looking for. Emailed btr and they are trying to find a new manufacturer.. I'll see what I can find on here.
Thanks again
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure these are legal in your state. The clear covers with amber bulbs are, but many states require that the fog light be in a separate housing. The Fiero came with such housings in Europe, for a similar reason.

If BTR can find a different vendor, I hope they go with a 2-bulb solution that has separate housings. I hope the lens is also sealed better to the rest of the housing.

Their current bulb does work, but the amber isn't as bright as the amber-only bumb. This results in the effective light distance being less.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my switchbacks off ebay. From a chinese vendor with a warehouse in California. Bought them for my VIBE (daily) and fiero. Brighter that stock amber and the white is like a dim fog light.
Cost $15 shipped a pair and if they fail they get swapped for free under warranty. Though I haven't needed to.

Just as another option for those looking for a cheaper alternative.

Many new cars have these lights from the factory so it shouldn't be an issue as they are "parking/running" lights and not fog lights. But it's its always good to check your local regulations.

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 02-08-2017).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Problem is the clear covers are not longer around.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock