Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Sell as a whole or part out? Lots of pics. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sell as a whole or part out? Lots of pics. by CKDrums
Started on: 01-17-2017 06:05 PM
Replies: 41 (1338 views)
Last post by: CKDrums on 02-06-2017 04:29 PM
CKDrums

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Update* 1/21/1017
I will be parting the Fiero out 100%. Any parts you are interested in just text 843-450-7979, PM, or reply. Feel free to make offers on what you want. 1st offers get first chance. I'll make a parts list after the first batch of things sell. I'm in Murrells Inlet SC just south of Myrtle Beach if anyone wants to come pick up parts as well.
Feel free to ask for more picture's.

The car:
1987 Fiero GT 5 speed
90,000 miles original car, motor, transmission NEW stage 3 clutch.
Did not drive the car until i built it to the condition seen in all my photos.
Only drove for just under 100 miles before the hurricain.

I live in Murrells Inlet South Carolina
I spent 2 years building my 87 GT exactly to my liking but then I will be parting the Fiero out 100%. Any parts you are interested in just text 843-450-7979, PM, or reply. Feel free to make offers on what you want. 1st offers get first chance. I'll make a parts list after the first batch of things sell. I'm in Murrells Inlet SC just south of Myrtle Beach if anyone wants to come pick up parts as well.

The car:
1987 Fiero GT 5 speed

*Original thread*
Hurricane Mathew hit and with it came a 4 foot wave surge. Literally came in and out within 20 minutes. So now I don't know what to do, sell the Fiero as a whole or part it out. I purchased a car this week so I'm gonna want the garage space for new toy.
The first picture shows the highest the water got.
I haven't tried starting it because the clutch pedal is froze. Its been sitting doors hood trunk open for months now without me touching it. I spent 2 hours hosing the entire exterior off before I left it alone.
She has 90,000 miles and ran AMAZING pre hurricane.
All I had left was paint. I already 2k heavy primed the whole car. Wheels and tires have less the 100 miles on them. Same with the full new suspension, stage 3 clutch and SOO much more.
I have no clue what damage may have occurred from the hurricane and I don't wanna get into it.

Any suggestions?

All pictures taken today aside from the first.
If your interested in possibly buying it or parts feel free to text or call. 843-450-7979

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-21-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks. Honestly, if that's as high as the water got, most of the eledctronics should be OK. If you hosed it off right away, it may not be bad at all? How high was the water in the interior? That may be below the ECU. I'd fix the clutch, clean it up (including taking the ECU out), then give it a try.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not able to go to the car during the flooding because it was a pretty heavy current. I don't think it got ECU high. My new car will be delivered by the end of the week or mid next week and I really don't wanna keep it outside. To get into the clutch I'll probably need the garage. It may just be the inner upset after all the work on the Fiero telling me to avoid the frustration and get rid of the car and walk away.
ITR SOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a saltwater immersion. If it was rust-free, it won't stay that way without some serious intervention. If it was free of electrical gremlins, it likely won't be now. Was it insured decently, or just liability? If insured, maybe check into a claim...? If not, I just don't know. I feel for you man, it's horrible to be that close then have it snatched away.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to town hosing the underside and getting in the places I worried about the salt water. Once I noticed the clutch pedal was stuck (I felt sick to my stomach and walked away) but I did check the shift fork manually to see if it was seized. It wasn't. I'm thinking it's just the slave cylinder issue but I just put Rodney D slave on 100 miles ago and redoing it again will just anger me. I absolutely love my Fiero but I'm just bitter now after all the money and time I put into her.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel bad for you for sure. That had to have been painfull to see happen. Me personally I would just take it all apart and redo everything. You already have the car so you already know the ins and outs. Just build it better the second go around. Granted this will all come down to time and money, which many of us lack.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 01-18-2017).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd try to sell it as a whole since you want to get rid of it quickly. Be prepared to sell it dirt cheap. I see it has some nice additions (tail lights, Aus side scoops) but those probably won't bring much extra if you sell it whole. The only way you can expect to get much of ANYTHING for those special parts is to part out the car but then, it should sit in your garage while to sell bits and pieces. It could take months (or years).

If it were me, I'd take the "special" parts off, store them in your garage and try to sell the remaining hunk of metal/plastic for whatever you can get. Like I said, expect pennies on the dollar.

BTW, "special parts" would probably only include the side scoops, tail lights, quarter panels, front fascia and wheels. The leather seat covers are probably mildewy inside (= junk) and if the center console has a wood base (as most of them do), it's trashed.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've gotten a few PM'S about the sail windows. $150 + $20 shipping to anyone who wants them.
I agree about selling as a whole. I'd rather someone come over and pick it up so I don't have to think about losing it everytime I see it. I'd totally rebuild it if I didn't need the garage to put my new car in and if it didn't hurt knowing I can't hop in and drive it whenever I want.

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-18-2017).]

UOKMarcus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UOKMarcusSend a Private Message to UOKMarcusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in s few parts if you part out. Sorry to hear about your car. Sad day indeed.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me about the wheels and tires. Brand, size, width, offsets, (staggered?) etc.
What's your price for those? The whole car?

Thanks.

(Sucks that this happened. Sorry. I'd be pizzed.)
PFF
System Bot
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the whole car, im in clt.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me offers for the whole car please before I decide to part it out. Call or text me as well 843-450-7979. I can send pictures faster as well. Car had 90K. Original engine. New stage 3 clutch 100 miles ago. 18x8" TSW SPA wheels, 225-40-18 tires 100 miles on them. Checked fluids today and they were good. NRG flat bottom 320mm steering wheel and NRG short hub. And way to much to list. But feel free to ask and I'll answer. I'd love to sell as a whole rather then part out. BUT AGAIN I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED STARTING IT DUE TO THE CLUTCH BEING FROZE. 843-450-7979
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums

58 posts
Member since Sep 2013
Week or so prior to hurricane Mathew

She's a 1987 GT 5 speed
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in parts maybe whole car for right price message me total price. Interested in wheels and tires
GTaylor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTaylorSend a Private Message to GTaylorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price for whole car.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whole car picked up $2,500obo
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CKDrums:

What impresses me most is that it could pull that boat. Must be a heck of a motor, transmission and suspension.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What brand/size are those wheels?
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels are TSW SPA'S 18×8 225-40-18 tires. Less then 100 miles on them.
I hoped to get that reaction with the boat haha : )
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums

58 posts
Member since Sep 2013
NRG Flat bottom steering wheel. NRG short steering wheel hub. Both pretty much still new.
PFF
System Bot
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C6 Corvette tips

*SOLD*

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-24-2017).]

CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums

58 posts
Member since Sep 2013
Really nice Lloyd Mats perfect fit. I have them made with extra strength. The little pieces are mat holding hooks.

[URL=

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-21-2017).]

CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be parting the Fiero out 100%. Any parts you are interested in just text 843-450-7979, PM, or reply. Feel free to make offers on what you want. 1st offers get first chance. I'll make a parts list after the first batch of things sell. I'm in Murrells Inlet SC just south of Myrtle Beach if anyone wants to come pick up parts as well.

The car:
1987 Fiero GT 5 speed

CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GT Style 1 side scoops. Do not require rear quarter side ground effects. I've already installed the rustproof mesh grills. And cut the fiberglass for perfect fitment. 843-450-7979 Ryan

*Sold*

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-24-2017).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More info on the tail lights and price.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*sold*

Selling all four smooth LED side markers. I bought them from a guy on here who makes them for $175. They are really one of the best esthetic upgrades you can make in my mind. I'll sell them for $80 plus $10 shipping.
I don't have pictures of them at night on my car.

Very simple plug and play like a standard bulb. I did have to wiggle a little. Tip: have the lights on when installing to make sure your connection is good.

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 01-31-2017).]

CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums

58 posts
Member since Sep 2013
*SOLD*

Selling my self made tail lights. They are actually really really good looking on the car and in use. Not hard to wire into your factory harnesses using wiretaps. I'll supply the easy wiring setup. You'll need maybe a level 3 of 10 ability to hook these up. These use the factory back up light. The rest is all LED'S.

I'm taking offers because I have no clue what the value is on a set of these. I know your looking at around $45 - $55 to ship in the USA.

[This message has been edited by CKDrums (edited 02-02-2017).]

turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dibs on the LED side markers...PM sent
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.

Ol' Bob

[This message has been edited by legutt (edited 02-02-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2017 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had a fastback, I'd be all over those tail lights. Good luck with everything.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Offer sent. 😉 Sad, that car was going to be very hot !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-02-2017).]

CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lloyd Mats are still available. Those are HIGH quality near new floor mats.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums

58 posts
Member since Sep 2013
The only part I don't want to part out is the engine and trans because they are good and have 90,000 miles. I will sell them as a whole.
I've sold a few parts already.
If you have anything you may need from small parts to big parts please let me know.
I'm not looking for an arm and a leg to sell.
Larger parts i'd like to have picked up rather then ship with todays high shipping rates.

Here is a quick list of parts still available and there are many many more.
-NRG steering wheel and short hub adapter
-Lloyd Mats floor mats
-18 TSW wheels and tires
-Hood
-Headlight covers with shaved Pontiac emblem
-Speedometer Cluster with 90,939 miles
-Interior plastics and dash (all black)
-Seat plastics
-Upgraded speakers (dash, rear pillars)
ect ect ect

I also have a double din Eclipse AVN50D with full navigation I HAVE NOT TESTED!
I do not think the water got high enough to damage it but I do not know for sure.

if you are looking for any parts large or small or even want to come pick parts off my car please feel free to text or call me Ryan 843-450-7979

++On a side note. I purchased a sports card stores entire innovatory with a partner about 2 years ago and we still have an overwhelming amount of stuff left Football Baseball newer older ROOKIES ROOKIES ROOKIES Auto cards, Jersey Carts. ect ece. test or message me if you collect or my be interested in anything sports card related. Thanks again everyone for all your help and kind words about the poor Fiero : (

Ryan 843-450-7979
hoddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much are you looking for the rims/tires???
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your picking them up $500.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ck any chance you can provide parts information and wiring setup for someone looking to recreate your taillights ?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CKDrums:
-Upgraded speakers (dash, rear pillars)

Brand, model, price.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave