WTB: Looking for 5 Speed Getrag Speed Sensor by hinesb1890
Started on: 01-03-2017 08:43 AM
Replies: 12 (293 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 01-06-2017 11:43 PM
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anyone has a used but working speed sensor for my 5 speed getrag?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All Fiero manual trans speed sensors are the same. Only the plastic gear is different by their tooth count. The gears are interchangeable. Do you have the gear? I may have a VSS.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

All Fiero manual trans speed sensors are the same. Only the plastic gear is different by their tooth count. The gears are interchangeable. Do you have the gear? I may have a VSS.

Ok good to know, yes I have the gear for it

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know your CSS is bad and not the circuit? Put a multimeter on it and spin it with a power drill. You should get a reading. It's only a generator.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you know your CSS is bad and not the circuit? Put a multimeter on it and spin it with a power drill. You should get a reading. It's only a generator.

Not 100% sure, running a 3800 swap on the stock transmission, car was dropping in rpms when driving and idling and threw the VSS code... figured it would be a cheap test to swap the sensor
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the speedo read erraticly or not at all? I broke a vss and the car seemed to lose all power.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does the speedo read erraticly or not at all? I broke a vss and the car seemed to lose all power.

I believe there was a moment where the the tach (any maybe speedo) were not registering anything when the car was on, but it was only brief
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vss would have no effect on the tach. Two separate circuits. Could be a bad terminal connection at the dash or engine harness?
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The vss would have no effect on the tach. Two separate circuits. Could be a bad terminal connection at the dash or engine harness?

A bad connection at the dash wouldn't affect engine performance though correct?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably not. If the VSS signal pulse isn't within range with other sensor inputs like the TPS, MAP, or MAFS at the 'lookup table' then it would affect performance. Sluggish, having to work the throttle. I had to press my accelerator all the way to the floor to gain speed, then let off. It wouldn't cruise at all. Pushing to the floor puts it into 'clear flood' mode and takes some of the sensors out of the loop momentarily. That's with a stock ECM. I don't know how the upgraded ECM would work.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12811 posts
Member since Jan 2002
I have one without gear or O-ring if you find the VSS is actually the problem.
PFF
System Bot
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have one without gear or O-ring if you find the VSS is actually the problem.

Ok I will see if I can find anything else, otherwise I will take it. I'll let you know.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment received. Boxed and ready to mail. Thanks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock