Started on: 12-30-2016 03:07 PM
Replies: 6 (1265 views)
Last post by: akademikjeanius on 01-07-2017 01:11 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 GT with 3800 SC & 4T65EHD.
Lots of stuff. 1999 Motor & trans. Derale Hyper cool dual remote trans oil cooler, ZZP 10.5mm spark plug wires, Autolite XP605 Iridium spark plugs, Computer programed by Sinister Automotive, TRE fuel pump, Rodney Dickman Aluminum adjustable engine strut, S10 brake booster, Spectre Cone Air Filter, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 80 muffler, Corvette C60 exhaust tips, V8 Archie battery box, Optima Red Top Battery, 4 / 0 cables supplying power from the front mounted battery, sunroof with shade and air deflector, FS upgraded front sway bar, 88 rear sway bar, Prothane and poly in front, poly in rear, HT Motorsports rear strut relocation kit, coil overs in rear, 350# rear coil over springs, Koni adjustable shocks in front, KYB gas shocks rear, Stainless steel brake lines, GLine chrome wheels, 17 X 8 front, 18 X 9 rear Clear coat is starting to peel off. Continental Extreme Contact DW summer tires, 205/45ZR17 front, 225/45ZR18 rear, Sunbird Turbo Boost Tachometer, 1999 Grand Prix CD stereo, Pontiac Performance sound system, Custom Sub woofer, Kenwood speakers, 21" wiper drives side, 19" passenger side. The wiring on the conversion is great. The PO did one hell of a good job. I replaced the front cross member, twice, the typical wear on the upper attachment bolt with a like new low mileage complete front suspension from a 1984. I did swap the 87 lower control arms in place of the 84s. I installed the stock height front springs. I do have the 87 front lowered springs if you want. New sway bar links with poly. replaced the steering rack, replaced front wheel bearings, installed new lower ball joints & tie rod ends with Rodney parts and Moog parts. I replaced the left rear wheel bearing. I have a new Timkin bearing I purchased in case I needed to do the other side. The 3800 SC is an awesome package for the Fiero. This is the engine that should have been offered in the GT!

I saw a carfax on the car and it looks like it spent all of its time in southern Indiana and Kentucky, except for the last 4 years. I bought the car 4 years ago January 2013, it was an almost completed project. I have been repairing, replacing & correcting items on the car over the past 4 years. Chassis had 199,000 on odometer when I purchased it. From what I was told by PO engine & trans had 72, 362 miles on them at the time I purchased the car. The Conversion had about 12,362 on it. The chassis now has 235,100 miles. I have a log of all the work I did to the car while it has been in my possession. I have receipts for all most all the items I bought and installed. PO was nice and gave me some data files on the car. I printed it and put it in a binder along with notes and stuff on the car.

What it needs:
The headliner needs to be replaced, the sun visors need to be replaced, the seats are starting to rip. Car came with a crack in the dash by the passenger speaker. Rear trunk seal needs to be replaced. The steering wheel is a little loose, I think there is a nut down in side the tilt column that can be adjusted. I saw something about it in the archives. The trans shift cable needs to be replaced. It works and has for over 30,000 miles, it's just one of those things that I wanted to replace. I think the voltage regulator in the alternator needs to be replace or adjusted, with a full load/draw at idle the belt squeals for a few seconds. The Paint isn't to bad in the front but the roof and rear sides and engine cover have the typical clear coat fade. It has a miss under acceleration, it may be a coil, but the more I think about it, it probably is the fuel filter which I am doing this weekend. Wow what a difference a new fuel filter makes. LOL The rear cradle/suspension needs adjustment. There is a vibration/chatter? when taking off. Normal acceleration it seems to start in second gear and goes away shortly afterward. I had one of the top techs in the country plug his machine in and we went for a drive. He said everything looks good with the trans. The car does not have cruise. Air conditioning needs to have the lines made up. Extra parts are included. I removed the 87 parking brake handle & cables as they do not work with the 88 cradle. I do have the handle and several new 88 cables, but not the front cable that attaches to the handle. It has a minor oil leak that looks like it is from the oil pan or front or rear seal. I snugged the oil bolts as they were loose. The exhaust is to loud for this old guy, LOL

I drive the car every day to work. I put about 10,000 miles per year on it.
I paid $5000 for the car and have invested at least another $3000. As I mentioned I have receipts. I am thinking may be $3800 or ??, I will entertain offers, wife wants it gone, LOL. Why am I selling, I am a senior citizen now, I have some type of arthritis in my wrists. Crawling on the cold cement floor isnt fun any more. I will say I will be forthright with the buyer of the car and let then know of things that should be addressed, a luxury I didn't have. I have some parts also.

More pictures to follow.

This picture is with the front lowering springs

I'll post more pictures later. Time for bed. Gotta get up and go work tomorrow. LOL

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-01-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pictures

Here is a picture of the front with the standard springs & 87 Lower control arms installed

Here is the car with the 84 lower control arms and stock springs

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-30-2016).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
More pictures

ZZP 10.5 wire kit

Old tranny cooler installed by PO and new cooler.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-03-2017).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a new fuel filter. Wow what a difference.
ZarZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solo, PM sent
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZarZ:

Solo, PM sent

PM sent
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh really? PM sent...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock