Started on: 12-19-2016 04:12 PM
Replies: 0 (272 views)
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 12-19-2016 04:12 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2016 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I'm really after is the black plastic carrier the PROM chip installs into (which is the item on the LEFT in the picture above). Both the PROM chip and the carrier get removed from the ECM at the same time, and it can be very difficult to separate the PROM chip from the carrier without damaging either component. I actually have little use for the factory PROM chips themselves, as it is the plastic carriers I need. However, since it is difficult to separate these two items from each other, I would prefer to just buy both still together as it would come out of the ECM so you don't need to worry about separating them yourself (and risk damaging the carrier).

I would like to purchase multiple quantities of these carriers at once, otherwise shipping will be a greater expense. So if you have 3 or more proms and carriers you want to sell, let me know and we'll negotiate a price.

NOTE: 87-88 Fiero 2.5L Iron Duke ECMs use a larger PROM (28-pin) chip and carrier which I do NOT need. I need the type primarily used in the 85-88 Fiero 2.8 ECMs (and other GM ECMs of this era) - which are 24-pin.

------------------
More is more. Less is not enough.

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 12-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors