UT4 radio for sale. by railshot
Started on: 12-02-2016 07:51 PM
Replies: 2 (398 views)
Last post by: railshot on 12-02-2016 09:09 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Below is a picture of the UT4 radio I had just installed in my GT last summer, and then replaced with a Monsoon from Fiero Tom this past week.
I love the Monsoon, so this one should go to someone that appreciates it.
This was a plug and play installation into my '88 with no adapters needed, and no modifications to the mounts or rear support bracket.

Not really sure what to ask for it, so open to offers plus shipping.
First person to offer me what I paid for it (nope, not telling ya ) gets it plus shipping!

One thing I noticed when I did have it installed was that it did not tune in far away stations like a more modern radio, (but then again I live in the middle of nowhere) and seemed to need to warm up a bit before it worked perfectly.
Never tried the cassette either, so consider that when making an offer.
There were issues with these back then according to my research, which is why they quit offering it.
May have even been a recall?

All offers considered..... and just for the record, this seems to be available only up until 1987 / very early '88 according to all the owners manuals I have access to.
Not showing up in my '88 manual, but is in the '87.
When I bought it, I was told it was out of an '88 GT, so who really knows?

From what I have read, it was a $500 option.... wow, that was a lot of money back then!
That comes out to about 3% of the total cost of a new '88 GT?

Oh yeah, this is an AM Stereo radio.... like how many am stations are stereo anymore.
Well I'll be danged, did a quick search and there must be at least a dozen am stereo stations in the country.
http://meduci.com/stations.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May be sold already.
Waiting for reply to pm.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Sold!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay