rear engine vent cover flip up handle screws by 007 fieroman
Started on: 11-24-2016 12:34 AM
Replies: 15 (1748 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 12-26-2016 11:35 PM
007 fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need 4 of the rear engine vent cover flip up handle screws . I you have any please send pic's and price info .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why 4? There's only one on each side and the only side with the flip top was the right (battery) side. The left (air cleaner) side had a slot for a screwdriver.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Why 4? There's only one on each side...

Notchies have two on each side... but yes, from the factory the flip up screws are only on the battery side.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got rid of the screw and used the flip on both sides.
007 fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually need 4-6 because I have 4 Fieros now and just keep finding another one in my driveway every now and then . I can't seem to see one and not think I can save it , that and my son just loves them and has all kinds of plans ( no money except mine lol) . I think my wife is going to have me committed if another one shows up any time soon lol .
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can just use a standard $1 wing screw, paint it black and it will work fine. You don't see it with the deck closed so it doesn't seem like a big deal to replace them this way.

[Message edited by Cliff Pennock]

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "
007 fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dennis I , that's the best idea I have heard . I have used regular bolts before but did not think of something that ,easy fast & cheap . Don't know why I did not think of that while standing by the bolts & screws in the hardware store (brain fart) . I hope you have a great holiday season .
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007 fieroman:

Thanks Dennis I , that's the best idea I have heard . I have used regular bolts before but did not think of something that ,easy fast & cheap . Don't know why I did not think of that while standing by the bolts & screws in the hardware store (brain fart) . I hope you have a great holiday season .

You can find a supply of wing screws on eBay, at Mc Master Carr and even at some True Value Hardware and garden tractor supply places. $6 for thirty of them, exactly 20 cents each plus shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4...7:g:YbUAAOxy3NBShoAB

[Message edited by Cliff Pennock]

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Notchies have two on each side.

Thanks for the correction. It's been a while since I've had a notchback.

Originally posted by 007 fieroman:

I actually need 4-6 because I have 4 Fieros now...

That makes more sense. Wish I had some to give you.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is something very close to the original vent grill screws:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4...2:g:CO8AAOSwT6pVrW8R

One with the Fiero thread must also exist. If not you can just replace the slip nut.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-30-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of the "flip handle" screws on one of my covers, and one of the "wing screws" on the other cover.
I'd be just as happy with a full complement of the wing screws.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No screws here, but I have a set of NOS covers for notchbacks. I would do a partial trade for NOS PW switches
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just lost out on two screws for 10 buck on eBay! Plus 17 for shipping so looks like the going
Rate is about 12.50 each shipped.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

I just lost out on two screws for 10 buck on eBay! Plus 17 for shipping so looks like the going
Rate is about 12.50 each shipped.

Ok the screws are selling on ebay like hot cakes, anywhere from 12.50 to $25 each so I don't think that the $25 ask is off for the general market. Looks like the $25 ask is just off for the cheap PFF members!! lol
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Per suggestion above, I ordered 2 screws from Ebay. Received today, about 3 weeks. 2 ea for $2.50.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201395389522
Had to buy 2 ea 1/4-20 J nuts from Lowes, PN 882982- $92 ea. Worked pretty good. Snugged down well. Maybe not as nice as the originals, but still OK. IF you are going Concourse, probably want to stick with the original.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:

Worked pretty good...

If you could track down washers (like the originals) with the little tabs in the middle which "lock" onto the narrower non-threaded part of the screws, you'd be all set.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock