Started on: 11-11-2016 11:19 AM
Replies: 9 (291 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 11-16-2016 09:48 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I urgently need parts for left and right Generation 2 motors. I need the shaft with the metal tri-pot section. Amazingly, when operating the headlights up and down to gain access to the mechanism mounting nuts, the second motor broke.

My tri-pot piece spins freely on the through shaft that the plastic gear slides onto. This is what it looks like.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to locate those specific parts when I had the same problem. It was recommended to me that if you drill through both pieces and insert a split pin you can lock them together again. There may be a how-to on here somewhere,. You might do a search, or maybe someone will chime in with a link.

Good luck.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember reading where someone made that suggestion or repair. Judging by the different number of shims on each of my two motors, there seems to be different distances the tri-pot is set from the end of the shaft. Mine has slid on the shaft, so I don't know where to re-set it. If I position it too close to the end, it won't go back inside the case and I can't drill a 2nd hole through it. I can spin this one on the shaft, just using my hand, and it will slide a bit either way, so I don't know where it should be.

The right one still works, but it has a loud squeel, just like the left one did at the moment it failed. If I can't find a replacement part, then I'm open to buying a used motor. I can get new ones for the right, but no one has the left side.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you reassemble it and then scribe the shaft? Then measure to indicate the spacing? Just a thought. I haven't had to disassemble one in a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure I saw some on eBay. There is a guy on ebay, and here, with the name carguy8T8 that has rebuilt motors for sale. I'm not familiar with his work but you might drop him a note on eBay. Or maybe he will cut you a better deal if you PM him here on PFF.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Olejoedad just called and suggested that I look at the scuffs on the shaft to position it, too. Thinking along the lines of the Gen 1 motors, the through shaft is different, but Joe says the Gen 2 shafts are the same,. Might help me in positioning, even though the shim count was different on each motor. I also found some new motors and asked a question about them in another thread.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to tell the OP what to do, but new Cardone Gen2 motors are available and they work perfect.. I have not taken one apart but I believe that the mechanism has been re-engineered. They work much smoother than the original units. I have fixed my share of Gen2 motors but quite frankly the replacements make the job easy at about an $80 cost.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Dennis. I had found those on PartsTrain.com and posted a question last night in GFC. I don't remember the price, but I think they were $100 each for new ones and $83 plus $25 core for rebuilt. At least one of mine may not be rebuildable. That was the only place I could find both sides.

I understand that the shafts in the stock motors are both the same, unlike the Gen 1 motors. For money purposes, I'd like to rebuild them if anyone has the shaft, but if necessary, I'll have to break out the credit card.
marlonthewhitecat

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marlonthewhitecatSend a Private Message to marlonthewhitecatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Fierofool, I have one that you can have for shipping costs (I'm in WI). It is from a passenger side motor, but if the shafts are identical then that shouldn't matter. No guarantees, it might break five minutes after you install it. PM me your address if interested.
Bo
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, by all means. If you have the arm that goes on the end, put it in place and try to twist the tripot with your hand. That's a good test to see if it's good. PM sent.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found the small white box laying on my white porch swing tonight. Don't know how long it's been there. Thanks. Perfect part,.

Check your PM's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock