Started on: 10-28-2016 05:57 PM
Replies: 23 (783 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 11-05-2016 07:29 PM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's time to let someone take over ownership of the old '85 SE. I love the car and it never fails to put a smile on my face, but I just have too many vehicles and this one keeps getting pushed to the back of the stable.
First, the good-
Silver 1985 Fiero SE with working A/C, PW, PDL, PM.
TBI Caddy v8 from an '88 ElDorado with approx 125,000 miles on the drivetrain.
4t60 with approx 2500 RPM stall converter- still locks normally and the car gets an easy 25+ MPG on the highway.
87/88 style coupe bumpers and smooth molding
Grand-Am rear brakes with new front/rear brake pads/rotors
New front wheel bearings
New Gates serpentine belt
New Moog ball joints/tie rod ends
New radiator
New starter
New front tires
LED dash lighting
Console mounted drink holder
Truck-Lite headlights with upgraded wiring harness and 130/90w Hella bulbs. These headlights are one of the best upgrades that you can do for a Fiero with stock style lights! I have a few extra sets of the H4 bulbs that I will also throw in.
87/88 headlight motors
Front mounted battery
'88 GT/Formula wheels

The bad-
Rear tires are worn and will need to be replace soon
Rear struts are weak- I have new replacements that will be included with the car.
Rear ball joints are original, but I have new AC Delco replacement ball joints that are included with the car.
Interior is a little rough- it has F-body seats and the driver's seat is starting to come apart on the edge.
Radio does not work. I've never messed with it and had always planned on just replacing it, but never got around to it.
The car has an electro/hydraulic power steering pump and P/S rack from a Dodge Dakota. The rack leaked badly and I just gave up on finding another good one and disconnected the power going to the pump. You can either take a chance on getting the pump working with another power rack, or install an original Fiero rack- I had to remove the original rack mounts, but have a cross-member section that can be welded in place with the rack mounts and have a rebuilt rack that is included with the car. The steering works fine, it is just a bit stiff from not having any power assist.
One of the new front wheel bearings is noisy, so I picked up a new set to replace both sides and will include them with the car.
Windshield wiper switch is a bit goofy- the delay does not work correctly. A replacement switch and wiper motor is included.
If you don't use the headlights on a regular basis, the left motor sticks. All you have to do is crank the knob a round or two, cycle the lights and it works fine until it sits for several days again. Both motors have new bushings from Rodney installed.

The ugly-
Clear coat is peeling. Most of the upper surfaces have lost all the clear.
Both bumpers have some damage. They are repairable, but might be easier to just replace them.

The car has been incredibly dependable and I would not be afraid to get in it and drive it anywhere. It just works.
My latest addition to the car family cost me $600, so I'd like to break even and get $600 for the Fiero. Price is negotiable and reasonable offers will be considered. You can drive it as is, fix it up, part it out, re-sell it or whatever you would like. I just want a Forum member to have it instead of selling it to a Craig's List flunkie or putting it up on eBay.

I've also got an Allante' intake, valve covers and steel rocker bridges that I would sell for $350 OBO.
Located about halfway between Atlanta and Birmingham, right off I-20.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question for you, what year F-body seats do you have in the car? Did you just change the rails? Good luck with the sale!
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were from a '94ish Camaro- I just swapped the Fiero seat brackets onto them. A lot of other GM seats have the same mounting points on the seat base and could be used.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A running, driving Fiero with a V8, and you only want $600 for it??
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

A running, driving Fiero with a V8, and you only want $600 for it??

I'll gladly take more
Seriously, I am tired of seeing it just sitting in the driveway and want one of the folks here to have it. I'll throw in all the odds and ends that I have collected to go along with it too- I think there is an IRM speedometer overlay, a new windshield trim/molding, an extra auto trans shift cable, and anything else that might remotely be used with the car. Oh, and a set of OEM GM outer dew wipes still in the wrappers. Come and get it.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you were local to me I'd be going to the bank right now. Good luck!
Thepiclink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThepiclinkSend a Private Message to ThepiclinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be keeping an eye on this. Would be a long drive but would be absolutely worth it.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll commit to it. PM sent.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the engine swap that is in the Fiero offered here is the 4.1L V8 engine that provides 155 HP. That may be why the OP has a reasonable selling price on it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of the allante parts?

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I believe the engine swap that is in the Fiero offered here is the 4.1L V8 engine that provides 155 HP. That may be why the OP has a reasonable selling price on it.

It is the 155ish HP 4.5- It is smooth, quiet and dependable, just not the most powerful v8 ever created. If I get to feeling better tomorrow, I'll post some video of it. I could hold out for more $$$ or list it on eBay and maybe get a little more, but I'd rather someone here have it and pay off some outstanding debt before the holidays.
I'll gather up all the extra parts and get some pictures and also get some pics of the Allante' intake.
Thanks for looking.
PFF
System Bot
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of which engine it has, its still a running, driving v8 4 speed auto swap car for parts car money. If you weren't 1,400 miles away, I'd be all over it. GLWS.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greg, I posted this on the Ga Fiero forum, with a link to here.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-30-2016).]

f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Runner-up Pm sent
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I currently have a firm commitment on the car. I will post an update if anything changes.
Here are the pics of the Allante' intake

Valve covers, rocker bridges, tranny dipstick tube and the funky little kickdown cable:
http://s602.photobucket.com....jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Alternator end-
http://s602.photobucket.com....jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s602.photobucket.com....jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
http://s602.photobucket.com....jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent about Alante intake.
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

PM sent about Alante intake.

PM replied- thanks!

Originally posted by Raydar:

Greg, I posted this on the Ga Fiero forum, with a link to here.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I hate to see this old car go, but it's time.
Sam Tucker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sam TuckerSend a Private Message to Sam TuckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent cooter
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied. Waiting to hear back from sourmash...
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2016 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi. I replied to one on the 30th, but didn't get another one after the emissions PM. Look forward to picking the car up.
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2016 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! I'll see you tomorrow. I'm rounding up all the extra odds and ends that go with it and will everything ready when you get here.
Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/thumbsup
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a pleasure meeting another Fiero enthusiast, but sad to see my old car disappear into the distance. I hope everything went well and Sourmash made it home safely with his new toy.
The car and intake have both been sold. Thanks to all who expressed interest. I appreciate it!
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cooter, you're a first class guy to deal with. I enjoyed meeting you and talking shop. The car was eventless on the trip home. Plenty of torque on the highway for passing and it just wants to keep pulling.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock