Fuel Tank by caveman72
Started on: 10-19-2016 04:06 AM
Replies: 1 (158 views)
Last post by: Supracoupe on 10-20-2016 06:08 PM
caveman72

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2016 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caveman72Send a Private Message to caveman72Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a place to get a new or refurbished tank?

My current project car is an '86 GT that sat in a barn for 10 years. Apparently, the person put the garden hose to the filler door because the tank was full of water when I dropped it out.

New sending unit, new fuel pump, but the interior of the tank is covered with rust and I'm not liking the thought of putting all this new stuff into a rusty tank.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A good radiator shop should be able to clean it up for you. The car I purchased sat for 10 years and the PO tried cleaning it themselves and then using the liner coating, which just peeled off and plugged up everything later. The radiator place I took it too charged like 60 bucks and looked like new inside.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock