WTB righr rear brake caliper by vwaltdog
Started on: 09-26-2016 12:16 AM
Replies: 6 (245 views)
Last post by: seajai on 09-26-2016 03:44 PM
vwaltdog

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a right rear brake caliper for my 86. The prices I see on Rock Auto and The Fiero Store and Auto Zone seem crazy expensive to me. If anyone has one for a good price that would be great.
Thanks,
Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have one but I did get one from Rock Auto. Ordered it Friday. Received it on Saturday (woohoo). They sent me the drivers side. grrrr.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67 swap soon

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with the caliper? A rebuild kit from rockauto is only $5, won't get much cheaper than that. They're not too difficult to rebuild.
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would rebuild it except I read that if it's leaking from that plug in the middle of the piston, then it's not rebuildable. Does anyone know it that's correct?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I "believe" what they said about "leaking from the middle of the piston" Is: That the innermost "O" ring around the" Inner" Piston is bad. Almost any one is re-buildable if ya want to go to enough trouble. ( it is a PIA, unlike the fronts)
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had the motor out for the second time this year to fix the leaking rear main seal so I'm used to PITA. I think if I can't find a caliper for a good price I will end up rebuilding it.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Centric brand kit from Rockauto for the 84-87 rear caliper comes with the seal for the inner piston. I've only ever had an 88 piston apart but I would think that the 86 would be similar. It's not too difficult, you just need to be careful not to damage any of the inner workings of the piston when taking it apart. Replacing the inner seal on the piston will eliminate the leak you have.

Here is the thread showing the 88 piston disassembly/assembly procedure, I'd guess pre-88 would be similar.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/137765.html

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 09-26-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock