Started on: 09-19-2016 11:31 AM
Replies: 23 (538 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 11-02-2016 01:50 PM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a couple of plastic door handle strips. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture:

These strips are held on with some kind of adhesive, and can be peeled off. If you have a junk Fiero laying around with decent handle strips on it, I would appreciate it if you could peel them off and send them to me. I'll pay you a few bucks if you want. PM me, and I'll send you my address. You can drop the strips into an envelope, put on a stamp, and mail them.
I don't know if all Fieros had the strips, and the replacement handles the Fiero store sells don't appear to have the strips, at least in their picture.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman sells them on his site.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

Rodney Dickman sells them on his site.

Thanks! I just ordered some.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never noticed these before. Now I've got to check my car.
KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope I'm not hijacking this but...

Does anyone know where I can buy some "blank" ones. The ones from Rodney look like they only come with text on them.

... or am I missing something?
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure, might be worth contacting Rodney but unless I'm wrong it looks like what he has on his site is clear stickers that you can put on your door handles that already have the plastic sticker trim, not the plastic sticker trim.
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super hard to find new without spending waaaaaay too much money on them, just look them up for camaro, same handle. Always saved mine but never reattached because dorman (motormite) seems to be the only handles we can get, and they aren't that great. Saw a while back kahines made some polished steel inserts that were clean, just not my style. I've done away with them and made a set of handles that are filled to match the smooth moldings, much cleaner look.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Dome Labels for black ones:

http://www.domelabels.com
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, turns out I still need the strips. What Rodney sells is just decals to go on the strips.

[This message has been edited by TopNotch (edited 09-24-2016).]

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for these. Surely someone has a junk Fiero they can peel the strips from.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '86 GT parts car and will check on these for you. Bad news is I am out of town until Thursday.
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I have an '86 GT parts car and will check on these for you. Bad news is I am out of town until Thursday.

Thanks!
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump -- still need these. I'll pay $10 for nice ones, and it'll only cost you a stamp to send them to me.
mendesfrank23

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mendesfrank23Send a Private Message to mendesfrank23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i may have a set

mendesfrank23@gmail.com

let me look

how do they come off so i dont ruin them
hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you get really stuck I have a couple but its a long way to send them.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mendesfrank23:

how do they come off so i dont ruin them

They just peel off. They're flexible plastic, so it's not likely you'd ruin them.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2016 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump -- one on the way -- need one more.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2016 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't received any yet -- still looking.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got 'em. Thanks!

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Got 'em. Thanks!

No problem!

I have owned more than 70 Fieros since 1990 and until you posted this thread I had no idea there were these strips on the door handle. I just thought it was all one piece of metal....learned something new.

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have owned more than 70 Fieros since 1990 and until you posted this thread I had no idea there were these strips on the door handle. I just thought it was all one piece of metal....learned something new.

And if you buy a new door handle from the Fiero Store (and probably any other source), it doesn't have the plastic strip.
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats the dimensions of the sticker??
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

whats the dimensions of the sticker??

The strips are about 5 3/8" (138mm) long, 9/16" (14mm) wide, and 1/16" (2mm) thick, with rounded edges.

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can get these made if anyone is interested in receiving them. Cost would be 15 including shipping for a set. Ill start a new post to see what the interest is like.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 11-02-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock