Started on: 08-28-2016 10:29 PM
Replies: 7 (601 views)
Last post by: Uaana on 09-02-2016 08:39 PM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I acquired two nearly identical '88 Formulas 5 months ago from the estate of a friend who suddenly passed away. This particular one was purchased 7 or 8 years ago and was never driven. I have gone through almost everything and it now runs like a champ. There are still small issues, but nothing that would prevent enjoying it.

Here are the basic specs:

1988 Formula, bright red, gray interior, 79,xxx miles, 5-sp., AC, cruise, tilt, rear de-fog., power windows & door locks, T-Tops (CJB coded). It is pretty much a fully loaded Formula.

I have done the following since buying it (zero miles on everything)....NEW: spark plugs & wires, distributor cap & rotor, fuel filter, catalytic converter, oxygen sensor, thermostat, radiator cap, thermostat cap, rebuilt rear calipers (A1 Cardone), tires (stock sizes), shocks & struts (Monroe Sensa Trac). It also has newer speakers and I just installed some of Rodneys speaker grille cloth....looks great! There may be a few other things I replaced that I'm forgetting.

The fuel pump was replaced by my friend and maybe the sending unit too (not sure).....I do know it has new straps on the gas tank and the gauge is pegged on full. I plan on dropping the tank to see what's up, but just haven't had the time yet. I will be getting a 4-wheel alignment this week and driving it to the heartland Fiero show next weekend, so the mileage will increase to ~82K miles.

There are some cosmetic issues.....the p-seals for the T-Tops have been removed. I imagine they were falling apart and my friend just took them off. The dew wipes are original and in rough shape....if I can find a set I will swap them out. Something hit the passenger side door skin and mirror. It did not crack the skin but it did gouge the paint & plastic...I hope to be able to touch it up and make it less noticeable, but not sure if I can. At some point in its life the left front fender and maybe the nose was replaced and the entire front clip repainted. There is no underlying frame damage, so it must've been a minor impact. However, the quality of the repaint is poor. There are some dry spots in the clear coat and the area around the windshield is the worst.

Mechanically it is sound. The worst part is an exhaust tick....probably a small crack in the front manifold. I have not looked into it, but plan on after the Heartland show. Also, the passenger side window is slow. I think it's just dried up grease in the tracks....I will look into it as well.

It all sounds worse than it is, but I have always been one who values full disclosure. This is a great bone stock Formula with T-Tops that just needs a new owner to take it to the next level. I feel I saved it from the junkyard since it was not running and sat for nearly 2 years before I got it. Now someone just needs to give her some lovin'.

My price is very reasonable, since it does still need a few touch ups. I just want her to go to a good home with someone who will enjoy driving it with the tops off.

Asking $5500. I am open to serious cash offers....no trades please. I am trying to pare down the collection. Delivery is possible and I will bring the title with me to the show in Davenport, Iowa next weekend, so you could pick it up there too.

Here are some pics:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics:

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 08-28-2016).]

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99
Not sure why the pic of the SPIL is upside down...sorry about that. I just wanted to show the CJB code.

I also forgot that the e-brake doesn't work (that's why you see the wheel chock in a couple of the pics. I plan on trying to adjust the cables tomorrow....hopefully that helps. The rear calipers are new, so they aren't the problem.

Edited to say I have a free & clear Colorado title in my name. It just passed our emissions test with flying colors and I am getting plates on it tomorrow (the temps expire on Thursday).

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 08-28-2016).]

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a 4-wheel alignment today and I decided to get Rodney's clamp on catalytic converter welded on place. I was hoping the ticking was due to leaks around the clamps, but it looks like the front manifold has a crack or the gasket is blown out. It still ticks. I will fix that when I get back from the show this weekend.

Oh yeah....BUMP!

Edited to add: I tried adjusting the e-brake, but the cables are not cooperating. I adjusted them out as far as I could and the e-brake works (kinda), but doesn't fully release. I will replace the cables next weekend. I have a good set of used ones that I can put on it.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 08-30-2016).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking Fiero and a good price also.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...
Will keep an eye on it, right now I am so busy I don't know when I would have time to get it.
18 hour trip so I would have to plan it out. If I can beat the snow
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Interesting...
Will keep an eye on it, right now I am so busy I don't know when I would have time to get it.
18 hour trip so I would have to plan it out. If I can beat the snow

Ya know.....We're only 5 short hours away in Davenport ( at least until Sunday morning).
Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old school Fiero offer.. Well with those blemishes and other listed issues, not to mention the cracked dew wipes..
I'll give you $750 for it, just to take it off your hands.

')

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock