Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  4 gray pre '88 GT crosslace rims for sale. $$$?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
4 gray pre '88 GT crosslace rims for sale. $$$? by railshot
Started on: 08-06-2016 03:26 PM
Replies: 12 (481 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 09-07-2016 11:12 AM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really sure of the value, and I know shipping will be a killer on these, so make me an offer, and probably local pickup only.
I am in south eastern Wisconsin, 5 miles north of the Illinois border.

I was saving these for another member, but have not heard back from him recently and need to clear some space in the garage.

In used and not restored condition.
Originally came on my '88 GT, I have the correct black lace rims on it now.

Edit: add shot of 4th rim.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, forgot about these until tonight when I tripped over them in the garage.

$150.00 sound fair for all 4?

Or trade for something of equal interest to me?

Really do not want to ship though, and if close enough to me I can deliver.
Havoc04

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really interested. But you would have to ship, I'm in Oregon and can't find a set here on the west coast.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Havoc04:

I'm really interested. But you would have to ship, I'm in Oregon and can't find a set here on the west coast.

I think I saw your post looking for some rims a bit ago, but was hesitant to reply because of the shipping costs.
Based on a shipping weight of 80lbs, it would cost around $397 just to ship them to you (using Porltland as a destination) by usps!

Man, I wish we all lived next door to each other, that would make things so simple, and probably only cost a beer or two.
Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been consistently looking up and down the west coast for a set with no luck. I haven't found an aftermarket wheel I like for my Indy. But at the same time, I can buy a nice and light aftermarket wheel
For the same price as some GT wheels being sold.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been consistently looking up and down the west coast for a set with no luck. I haven't found an aftermarket wheel I like for my Indy. But at the same time, I can buy a nice and light aftermarket wheel
For the same price as some GT wheels being sold.

Heck, it is only a 31 hour (2,143 miles) drive from where you are to me, feel free to stop by anytime!
Man, this is a big country when you break it down like that.

You wouldn't happen to have any friends or family in the area that may be coming out to see you would you?
I would be willing to trade for Fiero stuff, and more than happy to drive the rims to whomever you wish to have deliver them to you within a couple hundred miles of me.
Me being zip code 53157....

I actually feel bad not being able to get these to someone that wants and needs them.....
Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know anyone out that way sadly.
Can you check on shipping to 97502? I was quoted about $250 from another member further east.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know anyone out that way sadly.
Can you check on shipping to 97502? I was quoted about $250 from another member further east.

All kinds of prices by FedEx.....
From $562 down to $257.
Not really sure how I would even box them up to be honest.

Have you looked into these at all?

http://www.wheelsandcaps.co...zU8M4CFQmUaQodRucANg

By the time you buy mine, have them shipped, and refurbish them, you could have 4 of these already done for $480!
I checked on shipping for one, and shipping to me was only $20 from them.
mendesfrank23

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mendesfrank23Send a Private Message to mendesfrank23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know if you got my offer

but i will sell you mine for 175
shipping will be approx 62.50 a wheel
so $425 and there yours
like i said
lugs and center caps included

PRND3L

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PRND3LSend a Private Message to PRND3LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

All kinds of prices by FedEx.....
From $562 down to $257.
Not really sure how I would even box them up to be honest.

Have you looked into these at all?

http://www.wheelsandcaps.co...zU8M4CFQmUaQodRucANg

By the time you buy mine, have them shipped, and refurbish them, you could have 4 of these already done for $480!
I checked on shipping for one, and shipping to me was only $20 from them.

Go to your local tire shop (discount tire, kauffman, NTB, etc) and ask if you can take any wheel boxes they are throwing away.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRND3L:
Go to your local tire shop (discount tire, kauffman, NTB, etc) and ask if you can take any wheel boxes they are throwing away.

A very good suggestion if I had any of those near me. LOL
I live in an area where the closest of any of those are over 20 miles away, and I just really want someone relatively local to pick them up if possible.

I drove over 250 miles to pick up my '88 rims, so it may just happen still.

Also, I am willing to trade these even up for other Fiero "stuff".
Let me see, Fiero stuff I could use... hmmm, a complete Formula would be nice, I still miss mine...... lol, I don't know really, just send me offers.
A wing?
T-top seals? (yeah yeah, I know so don't go there ) T-top side window seals only needed.... crap, I really do not need much except paint really....
Exhaust..... mine just does not sound "Fieroish" to me..... Just waiting for Rodney Dickman to weld up some cats at the moment.... that is probably all it is.

Next Saturday I will be going to Fierorama in St Charles, Illinois, which is about an hour south of me, so if anyone is going there and is possibly interested let me know.
I will be taking the GT on Saturday, but could return with the rims on Sunday for drop off or trade.
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Just thought of something else to trade my rims for.....
Maybe a "down payment" on some nice GT Tail lights?

Don't need to be perfect, just nice.....

Now don't go turning this into an argument about what tail lights are worth etc...

Just help an old guy out here please!...

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might check Greyhound for shipping costs. They have been very reasonable in the past. You can wrap them in bubble wrap, with a black plastic garbage bag tightly taped over the wrap. Slap a label on each one, and done.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock