convertible for sale-not mine by bjc 350
Started on: 07-29-2016 12:09 AM
Replies: 8 (542 views)
Last post by: liv4God on 08-05-2016 09:20 PM
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spotted this Fiero convertible on Craigslist. Looks like you get a Honda, too. Just too far away for me.
http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/5703576971.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent a message inquiring, haven't heard back yet. He's about 4 hours from me. I'd like to see the quality of the work. If its well done it would be well worth it.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fellow doesn't seem to know too much about it, I guess he hasn't had it all that long. Sounds like either a shift cable is bad or the slave. I might go to check it out.
Anyone know what is good/bad practice in a convertible build? Like is there a specific kind of reinforcement I should look for or avoid?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is likely a Roadster and not a convertible. The tan vinyl is too small/compact to be covering any of the top mechanicals, so it was likely used just to cover the "exposed" areas from removing the top.

Check the underside for added metal. Open/close the doors to see if they close with a "thud" or if the striker and B pillar move when the door is closed. Check the door gaps for uniformity. Pull out the jack for the spare and jack the car up in a couple of places and see what happens to the door gaps.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did end up texting the guy and he does not seem to know much about it. It is not a convertible, it is a roadster with no top. I asked about reinforcement of the car and he thought it had been done but was not "100% sure". Other things he offered, no air, no radio, 170k, no records or info on work done or who did the roadster work. Price, $400 or offer. Since it is not a convertible, I'm no longer interested. I did text with some more questions, and got no response. It likely is worth the asking price, especially if it has been reinforced.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 07-30-2016).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone gets a chance to go out an take a look at it. Snap some pictures of how they cut the top off. Always thought it would be neat to create a removable hard-top car.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look under the car. On a Fiero without a top there MUST be a subframe. The one on my ragtop is a box frame made from 1 x 3 steel channel that connects both front frame rails to the rear toe plates where the front cradle mounts attach and to the cross member on the front. . If the car has no subframe, the vehicle will flex and will be unstable.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that fiero conv was in Fla, it would be in my driveway for that price !
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately the guy has not responded back after the initial message. I asked him a few more questions and said I'd like to see it, but haven't heard back since.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock