Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Looking for good a/c lines, compressor to firewall 1988 2.8.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking for good a/c lines, compressor to firewall 1988 2.8. by railshot
Started on: 07-26-2016 10:17 AM
Replies: 9 (154 views)
Last post by: railshot on 07-27-2016 06:02 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM part number is 10034325 ; 15-3484; 153484

These lines go from the a/c compressor to the Firewall.
Mine have a leak at the ferrule / crimp on one line, looking for good leak free ones.

Yes, I may have it for sale, but I am still doing little things to it to improve it.
PayPal available for payment.

Thanks,
railshot.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was leaking at a weld.
If it's leaking at the ferrule, you can have them rebuilt for cheap. Some of the NAPA stores around here are set up to do it. I had mine rebuilt (all new hoses) for a very reasonable price, after blowing off a high side hose.

Just a thought.

Edit - There's someone on the forum who (custom) rebuilds them, too. I forget who it is. Maybe he'll chime in.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-26-2016).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I thought it was leaking at a weld.
If it's leaking at the ferrule, you can have them rebuilt for cheap. Some of the NAPA stores around here are set up to do it. I had mine rebuilt (all new hoses) for a very reasonable price, after blowing off a high side hose.

Just a thought.

Edit - There's someone on the forum who (custom) rebuilds them, too. I forget who it is. Maybe he'll chime in.

Thanks Raydar, I saw a post about custom hoses, but it appears that person has been out of touch as of late, and a few people want to hear from him.

We were talking about this at work today, and I think I will have to investigate getting mine repaired.
We make our own hydraulic hoses at work, and big dummy me is the guy that showed everyone else how to do it, so maybe a "government" job is in the near future.

Need to take a real close look at it, but it looks like it is at the crimp and not the metal being damaged after thinking about what I saw last time I was under it.

Fingers crossed..... now just to get up the desire to climb under there and take the old one off.
90 degrees out with a dew point of around 61 and climbing, does not motivate me much.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I can refurbish them with new hoses for $85. I'll be out of town for the rest of the week but it would take that long to ship them to me anyway.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Yes, I can refurbish them with new hoses for $85. I'll be out of town for the rest of the week but it would take that long to ship them to me anyway.

Much appreciated!
When I get them out, and if I cannot fix them, I will definitely be in touch with you!

I am still willing to buy them from anyone that may have a set for sale also.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.pinkallaautosolutions.com/achose.html

These guys are in Racine WI. Looks like they can repair the line you have. I had new hoses put on the one for the wife's car, cost me $100. Well worth the money.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

http://www.pinkallaautosolutions.com/achose.html

These guys are in Racine WI. Looks like they can repair the line you have. I had new hoses put on the one for the wife's car, cost me $100. Well worth the money.

LMAO! These guys are only a 20 minute drive from where I work, so guess where I will be going on Monday with my hoses.
Just got off the phone with them, and they sounded pretty confident.
Thanks seajai!
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

LMAO! These guys are only a 20 minute drive from where I work, so guess where I will be going on Monday with my hoses.
Just got off the phone with them, and they sounded pretty confident.
Thanks seajai!

No problem. Gotta love the power of Google. Makes ya wonder how the world survived before the Internet.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-27-2016).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that doesn't work, I have some.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

If that doesn't work, I have some.

PM sent

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock