Sad Day: FS 1986 Fiero GT 3800 SC by bomluuk
Started on: 07-05-2016 03:05 PM
Replies: 18 (2022 views)
Last post by: bomluuk on 11-30-2016 11:38 AM
bomluuk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1G2PG9793GP280117

1986 Pontiac Fiero with 3.8 liter Supercharged V6 from a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix, rated at 240 hp and 260 torque. Stock 2.8 is rated at 140 hp and 160 torque. Engine has less than 50,000 miles, and swap was done at about 90,000 miles. 99,673 miles on car are original. I did the engine swap 4 years ago. Air conditioning hoses are all hooked up. There wiring is there, but is not hooked up so the A/C does not work. The transmission is the original 5 speed that came with the car. This car really moves!

I’ve owned this car since 2000. When I bought the car it had only 43,000 miles on it. I’m the second owner. It spent its whole life in California until I brought it to Utah in 2008.

The good/Upgrades:
3.8 liter Supercharged V6 from a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
Polyurethane cradle bushings
Polyurethane engine mounts
KYB shocks front
KYB struts rear
Headlight assembly from 1988 Fiero (quieter, more durable, easier to rebuild)
Pioneer Premier head unit
4 channel amplifier
Kenwood speakers front (4x10) and rear (4x6)
New battery as of February
New rear inner tie rod ends
New rear hubs
New rear a-arm bushings
New rear ball joints
New front ball joints
New Front upper ball joints
Bronze bushing in steering rack

The bad:
Paint is fading
Rip in driver seat (typical of Fieros)
Small tear and twist on steering wheel (typical of Fieros)
Some of the trim is coming off (typical of Fieros)
Passenger window moves slowly
Power door locks are a bit sticky

The sappy:
I really don’t want to sell this car. I was sad to even think about it. I’m more sad that I even have it listed for sale. I will probably cry when it is gone; that’s no exaggeration. I have owned and loved this car for 16 years. Many, many hours of blood and sweat. But it was all worth it. This car is a joy to own and drive. I’ve included pictures that I feel depict the car accurately. I have an extra transmission and box full of some miscellaneous parts that will go with the car. I also have a Fiero manual that will come with it. 2 sets of keys (original).

I’m selling this car because I have 3 kids now, and we need another car big enough to help haul them around.

Call or text with any questions. If you call and I don't answer, please leave a message and I'll get back to you. I can't have my phone with me while at work so I'm not available all the time to answer. Thanks again and I hope this beautiful car goes to someone who can appreciate and love it as I have.

Pictures in the link below. Thanks for looking.

Edit: Link removed.

Edit: New Link to Pictures
Gallery

[This message has been edited by bomluuk (edited 12-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the car and sell the kids, in the long run you won't be sorry
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Keep the car and sell the kids, in the long run you won't be sorry

Maybe, but I've got more time and love invested in them than I do in the Fiero. Also, It'd be way to much work to raise another family...
Idaho Wolverine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho WolverineSend a Private Message to Idaho WolverineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice man! Looking at the pics.... Do you think the cruise control could be made to work? And how much do you think it would take to get the AC working??
I work in St. George, UT, and live in Mesquite, NV. The AC would be almost a must have! The cruse would be nice, but not a must have.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2016 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chances are, when your kids are grown up at least one of them will have a Fiero. My Dad had one when I was a kid and I made it my goal to buy it from him. I cried when he got rid of it TT But now I have 3 And my sister also wants to get one when she gets some extra cash.
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Idaho Wolverine:

Very nice man! Looking at the pics.... Do you think the cruise control could be made to work? And how much do you think it would take to get the AC working??
I work in St. George, UT, and live in Mesquite, NV. The AC would be almost a must have! The cruse would be nice, but not a must have.

I drove it for a few summers up here with no AC and that was hot! I can't imagine it down there.

I have all the original cruise control parts. It's been a while since I looked up how to connect it. It just wasn't a big deal for me. I know it can be made to work with the original parts, just not exactly sure how. I think people here have even made it so the electronic cruise works, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm sure the info's on this site somewhere.

As I recall, the AC wiring needs to be hooked up. It's connected to the ECU, but just bundled up in the engine bay. The connector plug is there. It would need to be charged as well. Honestly it has been a while since I even wanted to work on the wiring, so this is the best of my knowledge. I'll have to take a better look and try to figure things out when I get home from work.

Let me know if you have any more questions. You can reach me here or at the number on the KSL ad.
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bomluuk

371 posts
Member since Apr 2012

Originally posted by liv4God:

Chances are, when your kids are grown up at least one of them will have a Fiero. My Dad had one when I was a kid and I made it my goal to buy it from him. I cried when he got rid of it TT But now I have 3 And my sister also wants to get one when she gets some extra cash.

Ha ha. My dad bought an 88GT in ~1992. He used it as his work commuter car for years (212k miles, pretty much trouble free). When I bought this car, I really wanted a Nissan 300zx. But my dad found this car in an autotrader and we went and looked at it. I made the right decision and I've loved it since day one. I'd be ecstatic if my kid owns a Fiero one day. And like you said, chances are he will.
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monday morning bump.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just thinking that all the people selling swapped cars live on the east coast and then yours pops up. I'm going to be down in SLC here in a week for a few days. I might just have to come by to look at it, assuming it isn't sold before then.
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:

I was just thinking that all the people selling swapped cars live on the east coast and then yours pops up. I'm going to be down in SLC here in a week for a few days. I might just have to come by to look at it, assuming it isn't sold before then.

PM'd
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friday bump.
PFF
System Bot
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked his car out yesterday and it was very well kept. I didn't get a chance to take it on the highway as it was late and I didn't want to keep him up all night, but it seemed very strong up to 50 mph or so. If I weren't down here for other reasons, I'd probably would of convinced myself to pull the trigger on his car
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for price drop.
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still sitting in my garage bump...
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to get safety and emissions done this month. Maybe I could be doing it for someone other than myself (wink wink)?
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might want to relist it, the link is broken. What's the price now?
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

Might want to relist it, the link is broken. What's the price now?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I renewed the ad 2 weeks ago so I didn't expect it to be gone. The link has been updated.

Asking price is $5900, but forum members can expect a discount.
stevekh

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevekhSend a Private Message to stevekhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Is the car still available?

Thanks,
Steve
bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
replied.

Originally posted by stevekh:

PM sent.

Is the car still available?

Thanks,
Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors