1984 INDY FIERO FOR SALE by zebras1974
Started on: 07-03-2016 03:35 PM
Replies: 17 (1374 views)
Last post by: zebras1974 on 07-27-2016 10:16 AM
zebras1974

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zebras1974Send a Private Message to zebras1974Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1984 Pontiac Indy Fiero for sale. Always garage kept. The car is all original and in pristine condition. I am the second owner of the car. All paperwork and documents are with the vehicle. All recalls have been adressed and serviced along with general maintenance completed throughout the years. The car runs and drives very well, everything works correctly. The car has 7,600 original miles. Probably one of the lowest mileage Indy's out there. The car is located near Lansing Michigan. Please make an offer. You can email me at zruna19@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by zebras1974 (edited 08-10-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photos in the thread will always help.
If you'd care to email them to me, I'll be happy to post them for you. (I'm not in the market, but I don't mind helping.)
Idaho Wolverine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho WolverineSend a Private Message to Idaho WolverineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figures; I just moved away from Michigan two weeks ago....
I know you are looking for offers, but i dont know what that car is worth. SO... what do you want out of it?
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures please
Idaho Wolverine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho WolverineSend a Private Message to Idaho WolverineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not only is his first post, trying to sell something.... He is not looking at it. Must have sold the car, and we will not hear from him again.
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be nice to first timers. I had to learn. Give him a chance and try to help him out.
zebras1974

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zebras1974Send a Private Message to zebras1974Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
photos can be found at collectorcarads.com. i will eventually have photos added to this listing.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. About what I'd expect from a 7600 mile Indy.
GLWS!

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No rear defrost, but it has all the other goodies. Auto, though. Looks nice and clean, with original switch covers.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you give me the last 5 digits of the vin I can tell you the order it was built and if it was a car used at the track. There were 133 cars there that month. Thanks,Rick B
Idaho Wolverine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho WolverineSend a Private Message to Idaho WolverineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damm, that is NICE! Are the Indy 2.5s any different than the normal 2.5s?
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I see one of these cars, I ask myself why GM didn't put a real engine in the Indy replica cars. Even back then they had decent offerings, like the 1.8 turbo.... What a shame. A great looking car that can't even win a race against a fully loaded minivan, full of 3 kids, and towing a boat.

A great example of what "should" be done with an Indy edition car is the 1989 T/A

Beautiful car, best of luck with the sale!

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-08-2016).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Every time I see one of these cars, I ask myself why GM didn't put a real engine in the Indy replica cars. Even back then they had decent offerings, like the 1.8 turbo.... What a shame.

I always wonder the same thing. Other than the cosmetic silver paint, the Indy 2.5 is the same POS as all the other 2.5 iron dukes. I have two Indys and one of them has engine problems for over a decade and I want to put in a real engine, but I can't bring myself to do that, so it's stuck being lawn art.
zebras1974

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zebras1974Send a Private Message to zebras1974Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car has no rear defrost due to Pontiac running out of them during the build. So many Fiero's were being built in 1984 that they actually ran short of the rear defrost so they put a standard rear window in this one. This is information given from the original owner.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear defrost was an option. Nothing said that any Fiero had to have it (except for maybe bragging rights. )
Many southern cars actually DON'T have it. OTOH, I heard it was required for cars sold in New York, and maybe some other northern states.
(Out of all the Fieros I've owned, the only one with Rear Defrost is my fastback Formula, which originally came from New York.)

With that said... it's really not needed anyway. Not with all the heat from the engine being *right there*.
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful Indy ! I wish mine looked that good. Good luck with the sale and bump to the top
88 fieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 fieroGTSend a Private Message to 88 fieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did all Indy Fieros have the decal on the doors?
zebras1974

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zebras1974Send a Private Message to zebras1974Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original owner told me he did not want the stickers on the car. He said he liked the clean look without them. I'm not sure if it was an option or the car owners choice. I know you can still find the stickers online if someone wanted them. Not sure if they are reproduction or old stock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock