I have a V8 chop top kit for sale by fieroaddict1987
Started on: 07-01-2016 01:21 PM
Replies: 23 (1692 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 07-12-2016 06:06 PM
fieroaddict1987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, I bought a V8 archie chop top kit back in 2011, I think, when he was selling them. I never used it and sold the car I was going to use it on. I have it for sale if anyone is interested. I also have a four speed shifter if you are doing a F40 six speed conversion you will need a four speed shifter. And I also have a fiberglass piece for the tail light section for a gt without the lights, you have to cut out the holes and put lights in. I'll get some pictures soon, the chop top is all boxed up and can't seem to find the pictures of all the pieces, but let me know if anyone is interested in any of this fiero stuff.

Chris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent on the taillight panel

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

brandosfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are u asking for the choptop kit
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glass or acrylic windows on the choptop

------------------
Worldwide Fieros - Your Fiero Resource Connection

Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings
Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

fieroaddict1987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am asking $900 for the chop top kit. It is Archie's kit so it is acrylic windows but honestly they feel as though they were glass, he did a really good job with them. Here is a picture of the kit.

[This message has been edited by fieroaddict1987 (edited 07-10-2016).]

brandosfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you positive the side windows aren't glass? I thought Archie's kit included side glass, not acrylic. They sure look like my glass ones.

Have you asked Archie? Scratched a bottom corner?
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notchback or Fastback kit ?
fieroaddict1987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Archie said they were acrylic. But like I said, they are very high quality and feel like glass. That "crack" you mentioned is only a fingerprint smudge, they are not cracked or scratched in any way.

I forgot to mention, this is for a fastback.

Chris
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroaddict1987:

Yes, Archie said they were acrylic. But like I said, they are very high quality and feel like glass. That "crack" you mentioned is only a fingerprint smudge, they are not cracked or scratched in any way.

I forgot to mention, this is for a fastback.

Chris

I Sent you a email ,Ill take the kit my cell number is in your email

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP
1988 FIERO GT BLACK 5spd 3
1987 FIERO GT PEARL WHITE CHOP
My build thread:

<A Class="HTMLBodyLink" HREF="//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082162.html
" TARGET=_blank>//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/082162.html[/URL]</A>

2016 Corvette Z06
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2012 Porsche Panamera 4
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 5spd 1 of 307

fieroaddict1987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The chop top kit has sold!!!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The chop top kit has sold!!!

So who got it ? What state ?
brandosfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to get it ...Ohio

[This message has been edited by brandosfiero (edited 07-07-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting to hear back about shipping for the tail light panel - PM sent also.
fieroaddict1987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the picture of the tail light panel, I know it seems to be popular with a few of you, I wanted to let you see it first before making your decision. I just noticed there are some scratches on it, nothing to worry about, the fiberglass is still very much intact and they are surface scratches.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandosfiero:

Cant wait to get it ...Ohio

Congrats ! Check your PM. Also to the original poster what was the price on the tail light panel if it has not sold ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-08-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am buying the taillight panel - just waiting to hear how much shipping is so I can PayPal the funds.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, I know it's sold, but what comes in a chop top kit? I've never seen one. Other than the side windows what do you get?
fieroaddict1987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddict1987Send a Private Message to fieroaddict1987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey JScott, I was having issues with my picture before but I was able to reload it again so you can see the kit. It came with the windows, fiberglass interior pieces, fiberglass rear window inner pieces, and a wooden templet for the rear window, and of course Archie's instructions. But there you have it, you can see for yourself.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Just curious, I know it's sold, but what comes in a chop top kit? I've never seen one. Other than the side windows what do you get?

It will have the A-pillar and B-pillar trim panels and the 2 middle panels are the upper part of the inner quarter window for a fastback.
You will also get the wood to use as a template for the rear glass.

The buyer is lucky. Those are glass windows. I don't think archie ever offered a kit with Plexiglass for the windows. And plexiglass would most likely be covered in a protective film.
brandosfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Package arrived today they are indeed glass with a tempered stamp..either way Id be happy with the purchase
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey JScott, I was having issues with my picture before but I was able to reload it again so you can see the kit. It came with the windows, fiberglass interior pieces, fiberglass rear window inner pieces, and a wooden templet for the rear window, and of course Archie's instructions. But there you have it, you can see for yourself.

okay thanks for fixing the pic. Those glass side windows are rarer than hen's teeth. I do agree that by the time Archie offered kits he had the glass side windows made. And the instructions are really the valuable part. But congrats to the new owner.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-11-2016).]

brandosfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandosfieroSend a Private Message to brandosfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is archie not producing these anymore?I may have to make some plexieglass copys incase I break one
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandosfiero:

Is archie not producing these anymore?I may have to make some plexieglass copys incase I break one

I do not see them listed on his site, so my assumption is no. Even if he did the glass windows were a one time only thing and he would be offering lexan windows again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock