need front shocks by be_man39
Started on: 06-30-2016 05:19 PM
Replies: 12 (183 views)
Last post by: be_man39 on 07-01-2016 11:39 AM
be_man39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys I'm looking to buy some used but good front shocks in the Michigan area as my GF is in Michigan for the week, area of oak park. can anyone help me out please?

[This message has been edited by be_man39 (edited 06-30-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey (be_)man(39)... at least mention what year Fiero you have.
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry its a 85...
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazon can usually ship them pretty fast:
Link

I got some KYBs for $15 a while ago.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by be_man39:

hey guys I'm looking to buy some used but good front shocks in the Michigan area as my GF is in Michigan for the week, area of oak park. can anyone help me out please?

It really is just not worth putting used shock on a car. Say someone sells you used ones for $10 each, for another $5 to $10 you can get them brand new. Trust me, I am all for saving a buck or 2 on stuff for my Fiero, but there is just no reason to when purchasing shocks.

As a final note, I would wait to put the shocks on until the car leaves Michigan, otherwise you will just ruin your new shocks. I swear Detroit has just about the worst roads of anywhere I have ever been, and I have been through around 30 states.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-30-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

I got some KYBs for $15 a while ago.

And a few years ago (with rebates) I paid $40 for Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks and struts... for all of them... including shipping.

I have to agree with what's already been stated - It's hardly worthwhile to buy used shocks/struts.
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info guys and I agree, but I'm from Canada and I cant seem to find the cheapest shocks in oak park Michigan... Im blocked cuzz I'm not in the states... would one of you be so kind to find me a deal? preferably in Oak Park Michigan so my GF can pick them up for me and bring them back for me... I would really appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by be_man39 (edited 07-01-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by be_man39:

I'm from Canada and I cant seem to find the cheapest shocks...

Didn't stop me.
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are looking for local pick-up, then call the Oreilly auto parts store there. Looks like the one in oak park can probably get some Monroe shocks next day for $25 each.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It really is just not worth putting used shock on a car. Say someone sells you used ones for $10 each, for another $5 to $10 you can get them brand new. Trust me, I am all for saving a buck or 2 on stuff for my Fiero, but there is just no reason to when purchasing shocks.

As a final note, I would wait to put the shocks on until the car leaves Michigan, otherwise you will just ruin your new shocks. I swear Detroit has just about the worst roads of anywhere I have ever been, and I have been through around 30 states.

That's pretty much any road here in Michigan.
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Didn't stop me.

not really helpful...at all
PFF
System Bot
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by Domtech:

If you are looking for local pick-up, then call the Oreilly auto parts store there. Looks like the one in oak park can probably get some Monroe shocks next day for $25 each.

thanks I checked there and I find that a little expensive, don't forget I have to take into consideration of the exchange rate...
be_man39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for be_man39Send a Private Message to be_man39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

be_man39

38 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by Patrick:

And a few years ago (with rebates) I paid $40 for Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks and struts... for all of them... including shipping.

I have to agree with what's already been stated - It's hardly worthwhile to buy used shocks/struts.

wow! see now I need to find a deal like that!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock