WTB Fuel tank by jaredmurray88
Started on: 06-29-2016 06:42 PM
Replies: 6 (250 views)
Last post by: Shade Tree Fiero on 07-28-2016 06:20 PM
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel tank needed for 85 SE 6cyl, shipped to 15552. If ya have the sender too I may need that also.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if you do not have a tank, or just have one in bad shape. I just treated mine with POR-15 fuel tank sealer, and could not be happier. My tank was rusted really bad when I started. Exterior paint job, coated on the inside and now it is like new... well actually better I think.

If you have a tank, you may want to give it a try. Here is a link to where I used it in my tank.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-30-2016).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have one from my 86 floating around, it should definitely work.
PM me if you are looking for pictures
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2016 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I am not sure if you do not have a tank, or just have one in bad shape. I just treated mine with POR-15 fuel tank sealer, and could not be happier. My tank was rusted really bad when I started. Exterior paint job, coated on the inside and now it is like new... well actually better I think.

If you have a tank, you may want to give it a try. Here is a link to where I used it in my tank.

John, thanks for mentioning it. I was reviewing feedback on Amazon about Por-15 stuff. One person complained about flakes getting caught in fuel filter. Maybe this person is not doing it right. I don't know. I'm still reviewing. But this stuff is a potential solution to fix this problem.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 07-01-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The key is to clean the tank THOROUGHLY.... follow the steps that POR-15 recommends. It's a bit time consuming, but it will almost ensure you will not have any flakes coming loose.
DJ-Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJ-FieroSend a Private Message to DJ-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I believe I have one from my 86 floating around, it should definitely work.
PM me if you are looking for pictures

Is this tank still available?
Shade Tree Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one pm me if interested.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock