Started on: 06-26-2016 03:50 AM
Replies: 19 (976 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 08-08-2016 03:15 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'87 GT w/ n/a 3800 out of a 2000 Bonneville. Stock 5 speed. Hard top.

Good:
Strong 3800
Spec 3+ clutch
5 speed
good tires
brand new front brakes (rotors/calipers/pads)
LOTS of misc parts (front battery kit, etc)
Toms partial GT digital dash kit

Bad:
Interior is 8/10. I have most of the trim to make it a good 9/10 but not installed. Fiero Store headliner needs recovered. Seats are average. No wear on drivers bolster.
Paint is 7/10.
It's been sitting long enough that the battery is dead. Jump starts easily. Battery is only a year old.
Temp gauge doesn't work. I've tried everything trying to get it to work. (new temp sensor, extra ground, etc.) Could be an easy fix but I'm no mechanic and I'm done dicking with it.
Needs an A/C compressor.
wing stand studs are loose. Maybe some easy way to fix. (I was going to remove the wing and fill in the holes.)

I owe $3500. That's what I need (or a close offer). I'm not trying to make any money.I rarely drive the car. Probably 500 miles in the past year I've owned it. Honestly, I shouldn't have bought it. I have too much on my plate and not enough money for a Fiero. It's time to sell. I want it gone....now. Last time I drove it any distance, it ran flawlessly. This will be a great car for someone, just not for me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pictures?
PM me your contact information and perhaps if my plans fall through I can come take a look tomorrow or sunday
I'm in Fort Wayne
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working all weekend. Just happened to see this in my email box. I'll put some pics up Monday. If your plans fall through, let me know. I'll be off next weekend.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok no hurry
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Decklid is the worst. I got as much Plasti Dip off as I could. Making my own spoiler gaskets so I still need to trim them. I'll take care of that (and fix the stands) this week.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Never mind the screws and misc parts. They go on the back of the gauge cluster and under the steering column. The headliner is a Fiero Store version. It needs to be recovered but since it's a TFS unit, it should be easy and cheap (and can't fall apart like the original). Center console holds Homelink and USB port for the stereo.

$3400 and it's yours. I need to get out from under the payments and I need to move. Tough enough to move with 1 vehicle. Damn near impossible with 2.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 07-11-2016).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999
double post

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 07-11-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to be home sunday?
I will know more sunday if we can work out something.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2016 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be. I'll be at church in the morning but available in the afternoon.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curiois. That side decal with GT, where did that come from? It makes the sides look really sharp.

Whomever gets this car can give the wheels & engine bay a good detail, clean up the decklid, and have a really sharp car.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was on there when I bought it. I'm not generally a big fan of stickers but I think that looks good. I don't think it would take much to get it looking pretty good especially if someone could find some matching paint. Someone needs to claim this fast. I need to move and I need to get out from under the payments.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2016 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news, bad news. The bad news is that I broke the wing stands trying to remove them today. The good news is that I think the car originally was a wing delete car so either the new owner can fill the holes or can buy a new set of wing stands. It also means that, until I fill the holes myself, it's a good place to start dickering on the price.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay and not getting back to you.
I am going in a different direction. Good luck with your sale.
Let me know where you end up and perhaps I can make the drive and we can spill a couple beers sometime.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still for sale.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I owe $3400 but I'll take $3k. Need to move this to buy another vehicle for an out of town job. Can't afford 2 payments. Steal for 3 grand.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock