Looking to buy a Truleo intake by Fier-oh41229
Started on: 06-22-2016 04:05 PM
Replies: 12 (549 views)
Last post by: Fier-oh41229 on 06-29-2016 12:21 PM
Fier-oh41229

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I'm doing a 3.4 pr swap and I'm looking to upgrade to a less restrictive intake. I'm located just north of Niagara Falls New York. Willing to work out something for shipping. Let me know what you got! Thank you! - Dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody?
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Un-Obtanium Currently they are out of production--occasionally you can see one on e-bay or here on the forum

------------------
Pat Jones

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out the modded Fiero intake by Dawg, on this forum. They seem to flow nearly as well as a Trueleo, and they retain the stock look.
(I had a Trueleo, at one time. Really a nice piece.)

Edit - Link. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073021.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-26-2016).]

da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for looking into DAWG's intake. I have one on my 3.4 and really make it scream. And you can obtain one. I've been on here for a couple years and only seen a trueloo 1 or 2 come up for sale here.
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fier-oh41229:

Hi, I'm doing a 3.4 pr swap and I'm looking to upgrade to a less restrictive intake. I'm located just north of Niagara Falls New York. Willing to work out something for shipping. Let me know what you got! Thank you! - Dave

I have one but I had no intentions of selling it.
If you have an offer PM me. Maybe we can make a deal.
I have a turbo kit also that I have intended on using all this.

Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I might be able to help you. I have a Truleo intake as I was prepping for a 3.4pr swap myself. I think I have changed my mind on the swap and am possibly going with a 3800sc instead. I am still not 100% on it but more than likely I will not be needing it. Send me a PM on what you are looking to offer for it and we can talk. I am not the original owner of it and purchased it used. It was never installed since I've owned it but has been installed previously. It is red in color.

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to prove me wrong on availability of a trueloo
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some of us are hoarders and have items still in the box
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by predmeister:

some of us are hoarders and have items still in the box

Yeah true enough.
I have so many boxes I don't even know what is in them and worse I have boxes in three properties so I forgot where what is.
While searching for a Turbo set up I have today I found a 3800 supercharger and strut tower support but no turbo yet.

I found a box of tappets that go with a WCF80 Cam but no cam box.
I believe it is time to start going through all this crap and posting it for sale.
Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read about the Dawg intake mod. I wasn't sure if you could buy them already done or if you had to do the mod yorself. Mainly what im trying to do is eliminate the power drop off at higher rpm. It was bad with the 2.8 and im sure the effect will be even greater with the 3.4. Do Dawg intakes flow as well as a truleo? How much do Dawg intakes go for? What about the horsepower/dollars ratio?
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have read about the Dawg intake mod. I wasn't sure if you could buy them already done or if you had to do the mod yorself. Mainly what im trying to do is eliminate the power drop off at higher rpm. It was bad with the 2.8 and im sure the effect will be even greater with the 3.4. Do Dawg intakes flow as well as a truleo? How much do Dawg intakes go for? What about the horsepower/dollars ratio?

Just check the link I posted. There are also a couple of links from that page.
I know someone who performed a similar mod, himself (on a racecar that really needed to look "stock".)
The intake seemed to no longer be a restriction. (He made ~200 HP with a 3.4. 179 at the wheels.)
If you can't find a Trueleo, it would probably be a good alternative.

Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the link Raydar. Seems like a great alternative. Id still like to see if I can get a Truleo for a reasonable price but if I can't find one by the time I'm ready to drop the new engine in I'll have to PM Dawg

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock