Started on: 06-17-2016 09:06 PM
Replies: 12 (1053 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 06-26-2016 04:00 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Now on ebay, starting bid $1000: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201606231683?

I would PREFER to sell to a forum member, so please give me a reason to end the listing early!

1987 Northstar Fiero GT
300HP / 295lb ft “VIN 9” engine
11.25" vented rotors
custom built paddle-shift transmission controller with digital gear display
Fibersmith Ferrari style tail lights
Front mount battery conversion
17” Mile Miglia 5 spoke rims
255/45/R17 Rear
215/35/R16 Front
Sunroof

~100k miles on chassis
60k miles on drivetrain

This was originally a manual 2.8L 1987 GT that was converted into a “semi-automatic” paddle-shifted Northstar GT. Will include two modified GSXR 1000 throttle bodies, custom laser cut, custom formed and welded *stainless* intake manifold, rubber TB couplers, GM IAC and air distribution block, stainless steel fuel rail, injectors, and all misc items I have for converting this engine to independent throttle bodies. (Not a weekend job, but probably worth 30hp and some amazing sound!) Also original wing and ground effects (not currently installed). Engine subframe modified/strengthened with square steel tubing and coated for rust protection. Poly bushings all around. New steering rack. New 24# injectors. Subframe notched for the original Cadillac AC compressor. New all metal radiator (made for SBC conversion). New battery with fiberglass front mount battery box. Large 00 ga. Welding cable inside protected electrical conduit to rear battery connections. Paint is getting clear coat haze, so it is in need of a paint job. Dyno tuned 1227730 ECU running stock Northstar DIS ignition… 1000s of hours of tuning and work over several years. I am so protective that I have never let another person drive her – she is my baby! Meticulously maintained, has mostly sat the last year and because of lack of time and motivation I want to clear some space in the driveway. It also will help to pay off some student loan debt. Runs great, has a stuck rear caliper that I will try to fix before selling. Will upload more pics as I take them! Ran out of daylight today...

0-60 5.5 seconds (apprx)

¼ mile 13.xx seconds

Entertaining all offers may even consider up trades (newer luxury sedans… think Genesis)…. Shall I start the bidding at $1000?

(older images)

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 06-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see you're done, Ryan. Good luck with the sale.

Bob
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:
Sorry to see you're done, Ryan. Good luck with the sale.

Bob

Thanks Bob - I love the Fiero community wholeheartedly, but the time has come to call it quits... at least for now. I'm not "done" with fieros, but with a wife and kids in the future it's time to clear some space in the driveway and get rid of some debt!

And FYI, I am definitely willing to ship....
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see what's going on here. After Ryan sells the Fiero, he's going to get another Northstar and stick it in the minivan that he has his eye on. It's all clear now. Just kidding pal. Good luck with the sale.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lunatic:

I see what's going on here. After Ryan sells the Fiero, he's going to get another Northstar and stick it in the minivan that he has his eye on. It's all clear now. Just kidding pal. Good luck with the sale.

No minivans!!!!

4.6L Genesis Sedan....

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's a great looking engine compartment

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 06-28-2016).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bid 1000.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang Ryan - if your going to give up the N*, at least make sure your G-Wagon ( not the brick from the EU Style ) has this on it:

GL w/ the sale
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine bay pics? i may entertain an offer on this.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

engine bay pics? i may entertain an offer on this.

Yes I will grab some tomorrow morning. Every time I want to take more pictures, it starts pouring outside.... Gotta love Florida weather.

By the way, I have listed this on ebay. I would PREFER to sell it to a forum member, but if it's within 2-3 days of the end of the auction, I'm just going to let it roll. I wasn't kidding about the $1000 start price either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201606231683
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 06-20-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Bump*

and throwing these babies in:

...I imagine they are probably worth $1000+ in and of themselves.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 06-24-2016).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just being fair. Bid now or forever hold your peace!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock