Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB: Fiero shift cable/bracket/lever for 4t65e-hd conversion or..?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB: Fiero shift cable/bracket/lever for 4t65e-hd conversion or..? by GreatLakesGuy
Started on: 05-26-2016 11:56 PM
Replies: 4 (206 views)
Last post by: straws on 06-01-2016 08:08 PM
GreatLakesGuy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreatLakesGuySend a Private Message to GreatLakesGuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple leads on some parts already, but they aren't for sure YET, so why not ask here..

Looking for the fiero shift cable/bracket and lever to convert to the reverse actuating style needed for the 3800sc auto trans.
Already have a cable that looks correct, but not entirely sure.

What I know will work:
Needed parts from:
87-88 2.5 auto trans
all years v6

I could be interested in a "pre-made" converted bracket, depends on price, time to make it and seeing my other parts options.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The existing shift lever can be modified to work without using the bell crank contraption used by some....
I don't have a link, maybe someone will chime in....
GreatLakesGuy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreatLakesGuySend a Private Message to GreatLakesGuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe, think I have seen pics of this. but the lever on mine was removed. I'll check my parts again but that's why I'm looking for the stock part, to modify it.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took the easy way out and used the bellcrank but Joe's method should also work.
I believe this is how it is done. The existing trans shift arm must be shortened to 1 /5/8" from the center of the ball to the center of the rectangle on the arm that fits on the shift stub on the trans. The shift arm is then installed 180* from the stock position. Then the shift cable holding bracket must be modified to accommodate the Fiero shift cable. In most cases the plastic end of the Fiero shift cable will need to be replaced with a metal rod end as the heat from the crossover pipe will melt it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

straws

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics better description needed. Some of us are original kinda guys/gals, and if you need stock parts, explain what it is. I don't have the trans you are speaking of. I literally have all the original automatic transmission stuff...so if I can help I will.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock