Blue '87 GT for sale in central Texas by BlueGT87
Started on: 05-15-2016 10:02 PM
Replies: 7 (631 views)
Last post by: BlueGT87 on 07-07-2016 01:51 PM
BlueGT87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to sell my blue '87 GT. The car has 125000 miles on it. It is a 5-speed. As far as I can tell the car was originally purchased in Georgia, made its way to Colorado then to Tennessee. You can see in the attached photos the condition of the exterior and interior.
Exterior:
The front and rear bumper covers, the hood, spoiler and taillights are not original.
The hood was purchased later only to have something that sort of matched the car. The hood has damage in the corners that may not be repairable.
The front fenders have cracks and may need to be replaced.
The front bumper cover also has cracks that had been poorly repaired by the previous owner and it may need to be replaced.
The dew wipes and side glass needs to be replaced.
The sail panels need to be replaced.
The windshield is cracked.
The frame is rust free.

Interior:
The interior is in really good shape.
The carpet is original as well as the floormats.
There are no cracks in the dash.
The seat covers have been replaced with Mr. Mike's leather and I've installed headrest speakers.
I've replaced the radio with later Delco CD unit.
The only items needed in the interior are the ashtray doors, parking brake boot, cigarette lighter and the correct cruise control stalk.

Mechanical:
The car runs and drives, the idle is a little lumpy and the previous owner stated that the engine had been replaced with one that had 80000 miles.
I've only put a couple of thousand miles on it since I've owned it.
It does smoke a little on startup though.
I've replaced the EGR tube and catalytic converter and it has passed smog as well as safety inspection. I've let the registration lapse because I haven't driven the car in over a year but if needed I can get the car inspected if it helps it sell.
The alternator has been replaced.
The brakes, calipers and rotors have been replaced. The rotors are cross-drilled. The brake lines flushed.
The AC compressor has been replaced. I purchased it in a kit that included the accumulator but the outlets on the accumulator didn't line up correctly so I never bothered to charge the system. I did flush the system with denatured alcohol and I put PAG oil in the compressor prior to installing hoping to convert it to 134A.
The driver's side transmission output shaft seal has been replaced.
Both headlight motors have been rebuilt.
One of the parking brake cables has been replaced.
The shifter doesn't move very easy compared to other Fieros I've driven. Side to side is difficult and gear selection feels as if the clutch isn't depressed all the way. Bleeding the slave cylinder may fix the 2nd issue.

Additionally:
I will include the following:
Extra set of GT wheels
2 extra hoods, one in perfect shape
A left and right front fender as well as fender liners
A front bumper cover that is in a little better shape than the one on the car
A console skeleton
Passenger side GT seat cover
Windshield
Door glass for both sides
New dew wipes
And various other small parts
I may also have a door skin as well as an '88 base model upper seat cover. I'll check on this and update later.

I'm asking $3000 OBO.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BlueGT87 (edited 05-30-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2500 is about as low as I can go with all the extra parts.
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is on E-bay now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock