Started on: 05-08-2016 08:19 AM
Replies: 29 (2905 views)
Last post by: bmwguru on 08-22-2017 04:02 PM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I don't expect too much response for this listing, but I wanted to share it in case someone is seeking a fully finished 3800s/c swap that is in show condition. I am selling because I don't want to see the car sit and with my other Fieros in my collection, this one tends to be the one left out. I'd like to see someone buy it and drive it. I am not selling out of desperation. I do not need to sell it and I am not hurting for money. My bottom line on the car is $12,000 best offer, but I will work with the price for the right person.

This is my personal car and Summer/Autumn driver for the past nine years. I purchased it from the original owner in 2007. Every attention to detail has not been overlooked. Clean car with no accident history and garage kept. A lot of love and time has been put into this car. These modifications should make a reliable 350 horsepower, although it has not been dyno tuned with these current modifications. This car has been a very reliable Fiero and has participated in many Fiero cruises, rallies, and shows. The last cruise was over 500 miles long and it performed flawlessly. It is the buyers responsibility to determine state emission laws for registration purposes. The emission control devices have been removed from this vehicle. This vehicle is more than 25 years old and is driven for recreational use. The only blemish is a small tear in the center console that is pictured. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Vehicle is sold: AS IS.

Drivetrain: 2002 3800s/c L67 VS camshaft with 105lb valve springs. Haus of Guru unequal length stainless steel headers with complete stainless exhaust system. Corvette C6 exhaust tips and Magnaflow muffler. CNC ported and polished supercharger with ZZP modular 2.8 pulley. Additional 3.0” pulley will come with vehicle purchase. ZZP short stack intercooler system with upgraded Bosch pump and custom reservoir. Northstar throttle body with upgraded MAF sensor. Haus of Guru modified thermostat housing. Haus of Guru custom a/c compressor hose. Haus of Guru 3800s/c wiring harness. Haus of Guru custom ecu tune. True cold air intake DeatschWerks 320lph fuel pump. ZZP billet fuel rails with 550cc Bosch fuel injectors. Fuel pump relay has been converted to “hotwire” style. ZZP aluminum valve covers powder coated by Haus of Guru. Haus of Guru low mount alternator with upgraded clutch type alternator. Reman Getrag 5 speed transmission with Spec Stage 3+ clutch. Newer shifter cables and Rodney Dickman short throw shifter kit. Rodney Dickman clutch master and slave cylinders.

Suspension and Brakes: Haus of Guru 12” brake kit using powder coated 1988 Fiero brake calipers and 12” Corvette brake discs. Poly bushings and new ball joints, tie rods and sway bar links. Fiero Store stainless steel clutch line. Solid cradle bushings with reinforced cradle mount.

Wheels and Tires: Volkswagen GTI wheels 17x7 (Direct fit. Does not need spacers or hub-centric rings) Continential extreme contact DW 205/50R17 235/45R17 with less than 1000 miles on them.

Interior: Tan interior with black accents. Complete Dynamat install under carpet and interior trim. Suede rear covering. Fiero Store headliner and steering wheel. New Fiero Store fuel level sender was just installed. AEM wideband linked to ecu for data logging. Mr. Mike's leatherette/cloth seats. Leather shift knob. Upgraded stereo and speakers. Power windows, locks, and mirrors. Haus of Guru reduced trunk. Removable sunroof. Sunroof does not leak. Air conditioning functions normally and blows ice cold. Cruise control was deleted to enhance the look of the engine bay. It can be reinstalled in a few hours if so desired.

Exterior: Panel off paint job completed October 2014. Ford Kona Blue. New dew wipes and quarter windows with paint job.

Other: Relocated battery to front trunk. HID headlights Custom blue Pontiac lighting in tail lights. Optima battery. V8 Archie battery relocation kit. California Dustop custom indoor car cover included in sale. HP Tuners Pro tuning cable included in sale. Unlimited tuning credits available if transferable.

You will find this car to be exceptional. Every aspect of this car was built and serviced by professionals. The sound the custom headers make is one of the nicest souding 3800s/c engines you will ever hear.

If you have any questions, I can be reached by email at: bmwguru@optonline.net

current pictures can be found here:

http://s109.photobucket.com...ary/Blue%201987%20GT

archive pictures can be found here:

http://s109.photobucket.com...ru/library/gold%20GT

Thanks,

Dave
njautobahn.com
hausofguru.com
------------------

www.hausofguru.com

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 08-22-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth every penny!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Fiero. You could not build this car for the price that Dave is selling for. The paint alone is worth half the selling price. Add in a professionally modified 3800SC engine swap and the selling price is reasonable. If someone wants a turn key ready Fiero, this would be a good choice. If I were Dave I would exhibit the car at Carlisle. We've seen many a high end Fiero that found a buyer there.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments. I doubt that I will make Carlisle. We just bought another house and moving in and making changes to the house will be taking up most of our weekends over the next months. I did want to make Lititz, but I am not even sure what the VR6 looks like. I haven't lifted the cover since October.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2016 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very very nice..
like the blue..

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Thanks for the compliments. I doubt that I will make Carlisle. We just bought another house and moving in and making changes to the house will be taking up most of our weekends over the next months. I did want to make Lititz, but I am not even sure what the VR6 looks like. I haven't lifted the cover since October.

you didnt miss anything at Lititz, 11 cars showed.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

you didnt miss anything at Lititz, 11 cars showed.

Lititz has always been a small show held usually on a Saturday and enthusiasts have come for its nice location and park setting in a historic small town. The show was moved to Sunday due to availability on the city calendar. IMO, this places some limitations on the attendance. I believe that 12 cars showed but the number has gone as high as about 20. Still the ride out was enjoyable and it was nice seeing some nice Fieros.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found that I really enjoy spending the day cruising with my Fiero and I plan to do just that this Summer with my VR6, the orange and black one, and if I still have this one, I'll take it for a long cruise as well. Pete did a great job of hosting the cruises, but I understand his frustration that came with it. Even if I am cruising solo, I am content with that.
Dave
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 cradle swap or still 87?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

88 cradle swap or still 87?

It has the 87 cradle with solid bushings and the front reinforcement insert welded in.

Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been a little busy, but wanted to put this back out there.
Dave
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a trade in on the TDI-Fiero for the GT 3800 ? lol
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

How about a trade in on the TDI-Fiero for the GT 3800 ? lol

Maybe we could workout a trade...I wanted the TDI...but it was ready a lot earlier than I thought it was going to be.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol... I'm just looking to thin my herd a little.
Dave
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bumping this back to the top. I forgot I still have this car...lol. I'd like to see it go to a good home and not collect dust.
Dave
Chooko

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn. If only it were smogable in California...
blueoval4life

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blueoval4lifeSend a Private Message to blueoval4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2016 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blueoval4life:

PM Sent

But it's not a Ford.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

But it's not a Ford.

well, he needs something to drive while that blueoval is broke down..
blueoval4life

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blueoval4lifeSend a Private Message to blueoval4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fords are always reliable :-)

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by blueoval4life (edited 09-25-2016).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up a 2016 F350 XLT crew cab dually two weeks ago. I'm not biased...as long as it starts and runs when I need it to.
Dave
PFF
System Bot
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tempting
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Tires. I have them on my 3800
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happen to be interested in trade for 04 CTS-V cammed with ford 8.8 rear?

------------------

--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

Happen to be interested in trade for 04 CTS-V cammed with ford 8.8 rear?

I'm looking to thin out my herd. The blue GT is the one that will most likely sit and I'd hate to watch the car just sit there.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great car, loads of work into it. Looks great and knowing the way Dave does things, it runs great. It is premium priced but you couldn't build it for what Dave is asking. Its about as turn key a custom painted Fiero with a 3800SC can be.
If it were an auto I might seriously consider it.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-30-2016).]

jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone pls buy this car already? Dave, post a video so we can hear how this car sounds.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2016 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been raining on the weekends, so I haven't had much time to get videos. I have the GoPro all charged up and ready to go. My work schedule has been keeping me leaving for work when it is dark out and coming home when it is dark out, so the weekdays haven't been good for me.
Here is a quick idle/walkaround video I took last weekend in between the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edzao6Yxviw

jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bumping this to the top.

Update:

New Spec Stage 3+ clutch with aluminum flywheel. I replaced the fuel level sender because it wasn't reading properly. I drained and refueled the gas tank. The car has been driven less than 60 miles since I posted this add last year.

I'm looking at this point to let this one go. I just bought a Porsche 911 that has taken this one's place in the driving schedule and the car literally has been sitting. I hate to see this happen, but I don't have the time and lost interest in this car.

The bad: It developed a fuel leak at the top of the tank (it could be the fuel sender seal didn't sit right). I do not have the time to drop the tank again as my shop is beyond overwhelmed and we are working crazy hours (which is why I bought the Porsche).

I'll take best offer for the car and hope to have it sold before Winter because the spot in the garage is no longer available for this car. PM or email me.

Dave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock