Looking for: ZZP 3800 exhaust " power log " a/c compressor side by Lou and Blue
Started on: 05-02-2016 11:04 PM
Replies: 16 (669 views)
Last post by: Lou and Blue on 06-15-2016 11:24 AM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone out there have one of these they'd like to unload???

http://zzperformance.com/38...nless-power-log.html

Doesn't matter if it's used .. Trying to find one for less than ZZP wants...

This is the side of the 3800 that the A/C compressor is on. It's the firewall side on a Fiero swap. NOT the trunk side with the downspout flange.

Thanks !!!!

------------------
Founder / President
Long Island's Little Fiero Owners Club
L.I.L.F.O.C.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone???

------------------
Founder / President
L.I.L.F.O.C.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got one of these if you want a match for the Plog you end up finding.
http://zzperformance.com/38...-rear-power-log.html
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr_Corean

Thank you but the trunk side on my swap has the down spout for the exhaist outlet. That power log won't work for my setup.

I AM still looking for the firewall side power log that ZZP considers the "front " power log because it's in the front on the Grand Prixs
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump ... Anyone ???
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking ..... Anyone ???
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the 3800 engine is a swap only a percentage of Fieros have them and even fewer use a powerlog. Used powerlog manifolds can usually be found for sale on the Grand Prix forums. The 3800 engines were standard on Grand Prix's for many years and many owners upgraded with them.
If you go P-log on the firewall side just bear in mind that the manifold comes very close to the A/C compressor. Not sure how this has an effect on compressor life, and A/C system function. You will also get more engine compartment heat as the heat shields are no longer there and you will have a bit more exhaust noise. More horsepower for sure but I don't know about the possible negative effects, yet. IMO,using the power logs may be a trade off.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Dennis for that info....,I didn't know any negative effects other than possible cracking of the log itself.

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump ... Still searching
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still searching for this ... I posted on the Grand Prix forums dot net too but nothing yet

A fellow emailed me saying he had one but I haven't heard back for a while now...
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump .. Still searching ....
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...still searching .... Anyone ??
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Bump...still searching .... Anyone ??

ZZ Perfomance has them in stock. They are stainless steel and not terribly expensive.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly no, they still aren't stocked. I emailed and they said by the end of June. So I'm waiting on my disassemble till then or till I can snag a used one.

Thanks though!

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 06-10-2016).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Sadly no, they still aren't stocked. I emailed and they said by the end of June. So I'm waiting on my disassemble till then or till I can snag a used one.

Thanks though!

Sorry about that Lou. I gather that because the engines are aging perhaps they now build those powerlogs in runs. Still say best bet is to look in the Grand Prix forums. We will be at Carlisle this weekend and will try to find in the Pontiac Grand Prix section for you

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

I check the Grand Prix, Chicago garage, 3800 pro, regalgs, pona and other club forum websites constantly throughout the day. Im literally waiting on this part to do my engine fix and reinstall.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just scored a used one from a nice guy on Facebook.

THIS THREAD CAN NOW BE CLOSED !!

------------------
Founder / President
L.I.L.F.O.C.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock