1987 Fiero MERA (19/247) For Sale-SoCal by AstroBDean
Started on: 04-22-2016 03:59 PM
Replies: 12 (924 views)
Last post by: KennyC on 04-29-2016 11:29 AM
AstroBDean

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time has come for me to part with my 1987 Pontiac Fiero MERA with 5 speed manual transmission. I purchased it a couple of years ago from Classic Auto Showplace out of Michigan and had it shipped out to Southern California. After replacing nearly the entire fuel system (tank, pump, sending unit), the valve seals, tires, and front bushings (poly), I finally got it driving just like I pictured it would. This is a real MERA with the sticker (number 19) and has original paint. There are minor blemishes, but it's in beautiful condition, inside and out with original flawless lace wheels. It had just under 16,000 miles on it when I purchased it, and it currently has right at 30,000. It just passed California Smog less than three months ago. The pictures are from when I purchased it. The prancing horse has been removed. If anybody is interested and would like pictures of specific areas of the car, let me know. I'm asking $12,500.00 Thanks for looking-Barry

[This message has been edited by AstroBDean (edited 04-27-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size tires are you running on this car?

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-22-2016).]

AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P265/50r 15
-Barry
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AstroBDean:

P265/50r 15
-Barry

On all four corners or did you manage to find the 245 x 50 x 15 tires for the front?

Nelson
AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 4 corners. I looked everywhere and couldn't find the 245s. I like the way the current tires handle, but parking can give your arms a bit of a workout
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you still have it in a month or two I'd probably be very interested in some more pictures and details... we're listing a home and couple building lots for sale and once they close there will be plenty of toy money... and a mera has long been on my bucket list.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this was an 88, I would be on your doorstep.

[This message has been edited by ICouldaBeenAV8 (edited 04-27-2016).]

AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this was an '88, it wouldn't be $12,500 Thanks for looking! It's a beautiful car. It's so odd, but in my former town, Chino, there was a fellow within 5 miles of me with a MERA that was TRASHED. I'm talking half covered with a tarp to prevent water intrusion trashed. It WAS an 88 (based on the wheels). I always wanted to ask about it but never did. Really wanted those wheels.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If anybody is interested and would like pictures of specific areas of the car, let me know.

Yeah... the transmission!

No, I don't need to see the transmission, but my pet peeve is people who list cars for sale without even bothering to mention whether it's an automatic or manual.
AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a 5 speed.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank-you!
PFF
System Bot
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it. Good luck on the sale. I wish I could buy it but alas I started a Syclone restoration.
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a 5 speed.

Too bad. That kills it for me anyways. Too many nice ones out there that aren't automatics..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock