For Sale: 3800 Supercharged 1984 Fiero Coupe by don297
Started on: 04-22-2016 03:41 PM
Replies: 14 (1471 views)
Last post by: kcn0 on 06-17-2016 05:26 PM
don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am selling my 3800 Supercharged 1984 Fiero. The swap was done by me about a summer ago. I have only put around 500 miles on the car with the new engine. It has a 1998 3.8 liter from a grand prix, this is a series 2 engine, and the corresponding 4t65e-hd automatic transmission. 4 inch cold air intake, 3.5" supercharger pully, polyurethane engine mounts, and various other small bells and whistles like a calibrated Tach, and oil/voltage gauges to hook up. The car is in very good condition, paint is good besides an area the size of a hand on the front bumper, which has the grey undercoat because paint got scratched off. Interior is in excellent shape. The car runs and drives well. The only known issue is that it needs an emmissions part (purge valve) for the fuel tank. It runs without the valve, but it would be optimal to have. Throttle position sensor could use replaced but car still runs with it. Also Headlight Switch or Isolation relay is broken, unsure which one. Car has 77,500 miles on it, no rust, beautiful condition and a great fiero.

Price is $3700 A little flexible on this but it easily has upwards of 6 grand just in parts, not including trans/engine and base car. Sad to see it go but I am going off to school this fall and can't bring the car with me. I would love for another enthusiast to buy her and take good care.

If you are interested you can PM me and I can give you my number and we can set a date for you to check it out.

Located in AMES about 40 minutes north of Des Moines Iowa.

Pictures:

[This message has been edited by don297 (edited 04-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price drop to $3600 obo.

Got tons of left over parts to go with the car too, some 4cyl stuff and some 3800 stuff.
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh good price for a good looking car, I'd take the road trip to come take it off your hands but first I gotta get rid of my GP to buy a new toy
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drop again, $3500 OBO, eventually i will have to stop dropping the price, don't want to lose too much in selling this lol.

Bit more info too if it wasn't in the original post: Polyurethane mounts/ dogbone, low mount alternator, fieroflyer wiring harness and corresponding tuned PCM, smaller pulley (3.5 inch zzp)
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try parting it out, you will make more
Not many people like the '84s to begin with
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would consider parting out engine cradle and body if I had buyers lined up for both.

As of now, dropping price to 3400$ - forgot to mention it has custom ac lines and an Ac compressor hooked up.
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price drop again to $3300
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so are there 77,000 miles on the body or the engine/trans??
I am looking for a low mile replacement engine/ HD-trans and if I can drive it home all the better
will it make it back to Michigan?? 500 miles one way in one day??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-11-2016).]

don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

I am looking for a low mile replacement engine/ HD-trans and if I can drive it home all the better

Sorry I forgot to put it in there, 77k is on the body, engine and trans are 123k but I did all the gaskets, water pump, timing chain and tensioner, trans filter, trans pan and gasket (new trans pan has a drain plug). Honesty I wouldn't know if it could drive 500 miles in one go, engine doesn't overheat but I have driven it max like 30 miles without shutting it off. I don't see why it wouldn't make it that far though.
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a descent car. Just don't like the whine of the supercharger. Good luck with sale
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a college kid just like you, I'm from mich and I just destroyed my baby (my gtp) if you still have I'll take it off your hands later this summer, I'm short on cash but I'll give you $2500 for the car and maybe another $1k for towing if I can't drive it all the way up here. I'm assuming the car has minimal rust and is a decent car, it'll be my dd (drive to school and work)
Edit: OK yup it'll be around $600 to ship from Ames to Warren Mich... so think about it, let me know (it's cheaper than me actually coming to get the car)

[This message has been edited by Blowerwhine (edited 05-13-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blowerwhine

129 posts
Member since Jan 2016

Originally posted by batousai666:

I have a 101k engine/trans from totaled GP, I'll let you know if I do end up buying this car and shipping it up to Mich you can have the engine/trans already in the car or have the trans/motor in my GP... I'd prefer to swap over since I'm pretty sure my motor and trans is in better shape as it's unmodded and never beat on.
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blowerwhine:

I'm a college kid just like you, I'm from mich and I just destroyed my baby (my gtp) if you still have I'll take it off your hands later this summer, I'm short on cash but I'll give you $2500 for the car and maybe another $1k for towing if I can't drive it all the way up here. I'm assuming the car has minimal rust and is a decent car, it'll be my dd (drive to school and work)
Edit: OK yup it'll be around $600 to ship from Ames to Warren Mich... so think about it, let me know (it's cheaper than me actually coming to get the car)

I'm not sure how it would work out signing over a title if the car is shipped, someone wild have to be here in person to sign it over to I think.
don297

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lights are fixed, they go up and down and motors/ dash lights work fine again with the switch. got an evap solenoid I will be installing sometime in the next couple weeks.
kcn0

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcn0Send a Private Message to kcn0Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still available? I sent you a PM, but I don't know if you monitor your inbox here. My email to your account was rejected.

Send me an email - kcn0 at hotmail.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock