FS: rust free 88 GT 327 V8 5 speed in Plano IL by Tumb1eweed
Started on: 04-10-2016 11:20 AM
Replies: 9 (804 views)
Last post by: Tumb1eweed on 06-25-2016 04:46 PM
Tumb1eweed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am kind of at a point with my 88 GT that I am considering selling it. I bought a house this past year and my job has been very demanding and I have been working a ton of overtime with no end in sight. So it's just been sitting, I'll take it for a quick drive here once every two weeks but really don't have the time. Here's info on it;

1988 Fiero GT, 62k miles rust free new mexico car with an Archie kit. Engine swap was done Last year. I did not cut corners on the swap. Frame has not been cut, bent, or modified.

The good:

-Rust free

-interior is in good shape

-Engine: 1968 327 CI large journal small block. Was built by an engine builder that does a lot of the Sycamore speedway circle track cars. no receipts or proof. He said it was built to spec's of 1965-68 Corvette L79, using Crower components.
7quart oil pan, high volume oil pump, MSD pro billet distributor, Edelbrock performer RPM intake, sanderson cc90 headers, holley 750cfm double pumper carb jetted down, Archie lightweight aluminum flywheel, Centerforce clutch, CSR remote mount water pump (where battery tray was), full stainless exhaust with Flowmaster muffler. Archie 4 core radiator.

-Home made coil overs in the rear

-Brand new Beretta GTZ rims and new goodyear tires

-Electric waterpump is wired up with a relay and key on hot. no switches.

-new fuel pump/sending unit, new powermaster starter, new heater core, new dickman slave cylinder, dickman shifter, shift/select cables, dickman ultimate shift kit, new windsheild

-Trans mounts are Dickman polyurethane. mounting brackets have been welded and reinforced.

-Flushmount Moroso oil filter adaptor, uses both ports and clears starter. Did not use restrictive tiny port above filter like many swaps do.

-a big upside on this car is that it drives really good. Engine runs strong, drives nice, and it is definitely fast car. My coworkers were are all Fiero-haters and they've changed their attitudes after taking it for a drive. Everyone that drives it is impressed. I'd say it is faster than my girlfriend's brand new 2016 Subaru WRX.

The Bad:

-Engine is green. I know, most people don't like it but I do.

-AC has been deleted.

-paint is a bit faded.

-rear decklid has a Mustang scoop glassed onto it. It was done as a favor by a friend who is an amateur with body work. Everything looked good before it was sprayed, but came out with bad orange peel. I am not a body guy and dont know much about it.

-It will overheat on a hot day. I am pretty sure I need to bleed the cooling system more. 70 degree and cooler day it will run at proper temp no problem.

-Needs fan switch installed. have a new one, just haven't installed. i have been just hitting the AC switch to kick the fan on.

-tach needs to be calibrated for a V8

https://sites.google.com/site/misc3335/

I am looking for $7000.00
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride, low mileage, good price. Good luck with the sale, if I were independently wealthy it would already be in my driveway.

Question: does it still overheat when you kick on the fan with the AC or does that take care of it? My car used to overheat in slow traffic, I discovered both the fan switch and thermostat needed replacement.. both very easy, cheap fixes.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 04-10-2016).]

Tumb1eweed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Nice ride, low mileage, good price. Good luck with the sale, if I were independently wealthy it would already be in my driveway.

Question: does it still overheat when you kick on the fan with the AC or does that take care of it? My car used to overheat in slow traffic, I discovered both the fan switch and thermostat needed replacement.. both very easy, cheap fixes.

Thanks! I put a lot of time and work into this car. I wont lie I am kind of heart broken to sell.

It'll overheat on only hot day 80ish degrees while driving at speed even with fan on. Sit in traffic and it'll cool down. I am pretty certain the cooling system needs to be bled. It's a real pain bleed, I was going to put a bleeder on the Thermostat housing next.
Tumb1eweed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump before it goes on Ebay.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTClick Here to Email Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any sound clips or video of car running
Tumb1eweed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Any sound clips or video of car running

I can get a video here on Sunday.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTClick Here to Email Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will help you sell it faster
Tumb1eweed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: found temp gauge very inaccurate. Took on half hour drive the other day and compared gauge to infrared termp gun. Thermostat housing was 190*, intake manifold near temp sender was 188* and gauge was reading 230*. temp outside was 80 degrees.

drop in price to 6500

I have 2 videos of it running, please contact if interested.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieClick Here to Email BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a 88' car how come the cradle is from a 87 or older ?

Boz

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com
Tumb1eweed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tumb1eweedClick Here to Email Tumb1eweedSend a Private Message to Tumb1eweedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

For a 88' car how come the cradle is from a 87 or older ?

Boz

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com

Good catch! yeah, that is my 87 GT cradle, engine/trans was swapped onto the 88 cradle. 87 GT was rusted out and I bought this 88 GT as a rolling chassis to swap that engine and trans into.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock