Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
   Automatic GT Wanted in Wisconsin / Illinois... and a bit of a rant....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Automatic GT Wanted in Wisconsin / Illinois... and a bit of a rant.... by railshot
Started on: 04-10-2016 08:59 AM
Replies: 23 (755 views)
Last post by: railshot on 05-04-2016 11:11 AM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it has been almost 8 years since I have had a Fiero, and really do miss driving one.

Still looking.
Originally I was focused on finding only a blue '87 automatic, but over the past month I have expanded that to any '86 and up GT with an automatic or an automatic Formula.

Edited to add I would consider an automatic Formula also!
Budget begins around $2500, but can go up depending on the car!

Open to anything as local as I can get. There is a pretty nice Black '88 GT automatic in Vegas on Craigslist, but way too far for me to go.

I have cash available, but not enough to buy a fully restored one, and I really am looking forward to having something that needs little things to work on.
Paint can be trashed, but as little rust as possible.
I can work on interior problems, wiring problems, fuel problems etc.
I am mechanically inclined, not a body man.

If there is another place better than craigslist and google to search for a Fiero, please let me know.

Now the rant part.
I have been going back and forth with a guy in Greenbay about a yellow '86 GT for about a month now.
Looks decent in the pictures, supposedly a Florida car, price is right for a fixer upper, ($1499), and now he has stopped responding for over a week... fine....

Over the past week or 2 a guy in Milwaukee was selling an '87 fixer upper ($1500) so I started to contact him. He was supposed to send me the vin so I could run a Carfax, and set up a time for today, Sunday, to see it.
Nothing for the past 4 days now....

What is it with people? At least let me know you sold it, or pull your add off of Craigslist!

Anyone know of anything out there?
I am swearing off of Craigslist for now.

Thanks for listening,
Railshot
a.k.a, Dave

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 04-23-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look north. You may not be too far from Ontario. Check out Kijiji Ontario. Remember, mileage is in kilometers (1.6 km = 1 mile) and price in $Cdn ($1Cdn = .$.76US), so great bargains out there. For example and no affiliation:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars...hNavigationFlag=true

(next one is a 5 speed)

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really appreciate that pcgold, but I am on the far south end of Wisconsin, just 5 miles north of the Illinois border, so Canada is quite a haul for me.
Just looking for something to mess around with and fix up. Those ae all really nice, but a tad too far away.
Actually, almost 700 miles, so that is out for now.
fierofan87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan87Send a Private Message to fierofan87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

What is it with people? At least let me know you sold it, or pull your add off of Craigslist!

Anyone know of anything out there?
I am swearing off of Craigslist for now.

As you've already implied in your post... it's people who are the problem, not Craigslist.
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2016 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PM's replied to.
Thanks everyone!

I probably should have added that I am looking for a project that will take me up to my retirement in 2.5 years..... yeah, I am an old fart.
heheh....
My initial investment I would like to keep under $2500, as I plan on doing a complete restore on one, and we all know what that will cost.
I love these little buggers that much, and yes, I know it will probably cost more to restore than to buy an already good to perfect one, but the fun is in the doing.
Thanks again everyone that has sent me PM's so far.
railshot (a.k.a. Dave)
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Really appreciate that pcgold, but I am on the far south end of Wisconsin, just 5 miles north of the Illinois border, so Canada is quite a haul for me.
Just looking for something to mess around with and fix up. Those ae all really nice, but a tad too far away.
Actually, almost 700 miles, so that is out for now.

I haven't mapped it, or seen these, but noticed to post:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073837.html

I drove from Buffalo to KY and back non-stop and managed to do it with a rented truck and trailer within the 24 hour rental agreement LOL
It's possible. Keep looking. You'll find what you want.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a few flakes when I was looking to buy my first Fiero.

No big deal, the right one will come along
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

You have a PM

wolfwolf,
I am very interested!
Dave
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shameless bump...... still looking.

Cash for the right one.

wolfwolf, please get back to me.
Shade Tree Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm .
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shade Tree Fiero:

You have a pm .

Shade Tree Fiero.....
PM replied to, and if you were closer I would be driving a Formula again!

An automatic Formula is definitely in my consideration, I probably should have posted that initially.
Last Fiero I owned was a nice rust free Formula from California with toasty paint and interior.
Only sold it due to the economic downturn we had, and now I am back up again....

Anyone else???? and why do some people PM me, I reply, and then nothing?
Let me know you sold it, or changed your mind please.
C'mon guys, this is not Craigslist is it?

Ready to buy, and have the cash........?
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending aPM
LT4SS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT4SSSend a Private Message to LT4SSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PM's replied to.
There are some mighty nice GT's out there for sale.
Wish they were automatics or closer.
Keep 'em coming everyone......

Thanks for contacting me wolfwolf, I am looking forward to the pictures.
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures sent
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

Pictures sent

Received.
I have emailed you.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pretty spotless blue 87 get auto with t tops and zero rust that I would like to sell.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I have a pretty spotless blue 87 get auto with t tops and zero rust that I would like to sell.

I have sent you a PM.
PFF
System Bot
pastor Dennis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pastor DennisClick Here to visit pastor Dennis's HomePageSend a Private Message to pastor DennisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave,

You have a PM

Thanks,

Dennis
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pastor Dennis:

Hey Dave,

You have a PM

Thanks,

Dennis

pastor Dennis,
PM replied to!

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone that sent me their GT's to buy.

Last night I agreed to buy wolfwolf's 88 as soon as his sister is done driving it!
Watch for the very long restoration to start as soon as I get it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock