Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers by Slammed
Started on: 03-03-2016 08:56 PM
Replies: 662 (31691 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 01-19-2017 01:12 PM
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'm not worried in the slightest, it's good to have an update!

Thanks for keeping on top of it Slammed, it really shows what kind of business you plan on running... I am very impressed and happy to be one of the first to get things rolling!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IP: Logged
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone has received there lenses yet,my tracking hasn't updated yet
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

Alright. So I was told that because I didn't use a bulk scan form a lot of packages that get shipped in a batch order, not created individually, will not show up until they leave the distribution center which can take up to a week with Parcel Select. If anyone has any questions, of course PM me or email me any time.

So, USPS stores packages for a week at a DC? That explains a lot.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still at "shipping label created" since 3/14.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Just wondering if anyone has received there lenses yet,my tracking hasn't updated yet

I was wondering the same thing. My tracking is the same, also.
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw it as well and am going to get to the bottom of this. Does anyone have a friend at USPS that might be able to help? They don't seem to care much at the post office. I'll take care of everyone no matter what that means.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had this happen more than a few times with my dew wipe shipments, the tracking seems to sit in limbo for days on end with no updates and then suddenly everything updates and delivers in 1 shot. The post office contracts out delivery of packages that need to go by air so it's actually out of their hands for a time. There are many factors that could delay delivery, I wouldn't worry too much, I've never had one lost in 200+ shipments. I've called them in the past, they won't do anything if it's just a couple days overdue, I believe it needs to be a couple weeks overdue before they'll look into it.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw it as well and am going to get to the bottom of this. Does anyone have a friend at USPS that might be able to help? They don't seem to care much at the post office. I'll take care of everyone no matter what that means.

what was there estimate on shipping
James Lloyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James LloydSend a Private Message to James LloydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having recently broken one of my own lenses (to my eternal shame) and not being able to find any replacements online or otherwise, this is an amazing thing to stumble upon.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what was there estimate on shipping

At the latest 9 business days so everyone SHOULD have them by Friday. I am really regretting not going with Fedex. Even if they do show up by Friday, all the headache and worry has not been worth it plus they would have been delivered by now. I didn't think 2-9 days would actually be 9 whole business days

Originally posted by seajai:

I've had this happen more than a few times with my dew wipe shipments, the tracking seems to sit in limbo for days on end with no updates and then suddenly everything updates and delivers in 1 shot. The post office contracts out delivery of packages that need to go by air so it's actually out of their hands for a time. There are many factors that could delay delivery, I wouldn't worry too much, I've never had one lost in 200+ shipments. I've called them in the past, they won't do anything if it's just a couple days overdue, I believe it needs to be a couple weeks overdue before they'll look into it.

This makes me feel a little better.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 03-23-2016).]

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would have been faster if you hand delivered each set yourself on foot haha.

If it doesn't update today I think at least a stern phonecall is in order, because this is absolutely insane. USPS has screwed me a few times before, but never this badly. Slammed I'm really sorry they are doing this to you; I know I would never use USPS to send anything ever again if I had the choice... It's really worth the extra moolah for FedEx or UPS.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been in twice and called numerous times. I can't file a claim for 15 days and unless a scan shows up the insurance won't cover anything. I ship with USPS all the time on ebay and on here and have never had an issue like this. I understand how it can happen but it shouldn't have. And now I'm just sitting here on google reading about all these people with batch orders that get dropped off, never scanned, and disappear for weeks. People losing 50+ packages for months. How is that even possible? If this isn't resolved soon I will either send out replacements to those that want them or start refunding people.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personaly stoped using USPS years ago when possible.

They have never been customer oriented.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I personaly stoped using USPS years ago when possible.

They have never been customer oriented.

^^^^^^^^^

When I still had my business, USPS did not yet have a reliable tracking service. Everything went via FedEX/UPS, despite the fact it was more expensive. Now that USPS offers a tracking service, I find that it is a nice way for someone on the phone to tell me that they have no idea what happened to the shipment past location 'x'.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that 15 business days!?!?!? That's like a whole month before USPS will even do anything if the package is lost in limbo!!! Wow, I know what service I won't use from now on...

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly looks like things are coming to fruition. if the lens covers are as nice as they look in the picture and fit properly you should have no problem selling them; but last we heard another party purchased the molds, so what happened?
Once these lens cover shipments are delivered and Fiero owners start receiving product on a regular basis it will be time to post a retraction of my harsh comments in the past and issue the public apology that I promised. Maybe even Rodney will join in.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay... mailman just came and went. No covers.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you just drop them off or did you wait to have them scanned and get a receipt? I see people drop packages and walk away all the time but I don't have that level of trust, it's too easy for something to get lost in the shuffle. I always wait in line and watch them scan my packages and have them give me a receipt.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No lens covers for me either... Shipping still says "March 14, 2016 , 8:54 pm Shipping Label Created"

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

No lens covers for me either... Shipping still says "March 14, 2016 , 8:54 pm Shipping Label Created"

When you create and pay for the shipping label online you get the "shipping label created" or " Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS". When the label is physically scanned in at the post office the tracking will show "acceptance" with a time and date and the city where the post office is located. If that isn't showing, I'd guess the package was never scanned into the system. Packages are scanned when they depart a facility and arrive at a facility, this is usually done for each step until it reaches the post office branch that will be delivering the package ending with an "out for delivery" and a "delivered". Without any additional tracking scans from the creation, I'd say the package is still at the drop off facility somewhere.

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And our post office isn't that big so it makes no sense. I've shipped 5 other thing for ebay since then and all have shown up, they were priority but still. I never wait to get a receipt I either drop them in the box or on the counter and it's never been a problem before. I'm going to have to bite to the bullet and ship replacements with fedex or ups. Between shipping and product it's a little over $3000...
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO it's always worth the time to watch them scan it in and get a receipt, that way you know 100% that it's in the system.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And our post office isn't that big so it makes no sense. I've shipped 5 other thing for ebay since then and all have shown up, they were priority but still. I never wait to get a receipt I either drop them in the box or on the counter and it's never been a problem before. I'm going to have to bite to the bullet and ship replacements with fedex or ups. Between shipping and product it's a little over $3000...

cool thanks....
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had someone semi accuse me of just making the one for the pictures. That wasn't very cool. I promise everyone will be taken care of. The shipping turning out the way it has is extremely unfortunate but I will not let it slow me down, I will make sure all is right. This is just in the forming room

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 03-26-2016).]

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be alright.
When you get the first orders out to us.People will start getting our feedback on the fit/finish/quality on them..people will forget the problems with this first shipping fiasco.

Remember over the years replacement GT lenses have became a Holy Grail to us...so skeptics abound...

Fedx is a pretty reliable company...
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the faith --- I'm drinking a fresh cup of coffee from the new percolator that I received two days ago thru the mail ----- the usps tracking still has it listed as "label created".

Still best to do 'signed receipt required' and insure the item for true value regardless of how you ship.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty! I can't wait to get these things on my car!!!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks, lets be fair about it. Washington state is on the other side of the USA and most of us here are a distance away. Give things another week and the situation will manifest itself. Many of you paid via palpal so your purchase should be protected. Can't wait to read the user reports.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm alright with waiting; the weather is still kinda cold out, so working on the car isn't really on my mind quite yet!

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had someone semi accuse me of just making the one for the pictures. That wasn't very cool. I promise everyone will be taken care of. The shipping turning out the way it has is extremely unfortunate but I will not let it slow me down, I will make sure all is right. This is just in the forming room

Those on the left look further along than those in the middle & on the right.

I am curious about something. This will probably get out anyway, so shouldn't be a secret. Please don't misconstrue this is criticism or in any way negativd. When I look at my tail lights, they have some slight recessed areas. For example going from the clear to the dark, and around the letters. Are these flat, or do they have the same feature?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't had any other orders, assuming it's because the first few are going to post pictures for me, so I haven't been cutting any out. The ones on the left are just left overs from when I first started, the difference between them and the others is about 2 minutes. The new sets are laser cut and the others I did by hand

The original lenses can be smooth or warped. You have warped lenses. This happens when the black is injected into the form and it distorts the clear outer portion. I've seen lenses that are smooth as glass and ones where the letters are nearly popping out. I used original lenses, 3D scanned them, smoothed out the surfaces in solidworks, lost foam cast the tooling and then used the adjusted design to CNC the castings. These are smooth with no raised portions

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 03-26-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once the lenses get to us and everyone get feedback on them you will have the orders...I really need 2 sets,just gonna check my first set out before buyng the other
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not in a huge rush to get them. I've been trying to find replacments for a couple of years now so a couple more weeks is no big deal. Don't worry about sending out replacments to me untill you confirm they are lost, that way I don't have to send back the first set when they show up.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in them too, (1 set of them) as well as the quarter windows when they show up.

Thanks for the perseverance in making these for us, the Fiero community!
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a set, maybe two, but I spent all the fiero money on well a new fiero.. give me some time to put some pennies away. I am also looking to see how the look on a car. soo many toys.. so little cash..
Ponnari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Slammed & others,
Thought I'd post this to maybe help show more about USPS tracking. Although this was from an ebay item I purchased it kind of explains things. My item from ebay had been "label created Fri 3/18". Still doesn't show up as shipped or any tracking movement, BUT, I got the item last Sat. 3/26! When I look at the online tracking it still just shows "label created by shipper", nothing else. So USPS Tracking is a joke sometimes.

Slammed, I was in support of you project on your original thread, and still am. Thank you for making these, it is something most of us fastback owners desperately need. I plan to buy one or more sets in the future. Please hang in there and continue your efforts!

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there any updates on the lenses?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a word, but today is the 15th day and I can attempt to open a case. I am painting lenses today and getting them ready to ship just to be sure I can send lenses out to everyone, because at this point I have zero faith in USPS doing anything for me
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry it's coming down to this Slammed... This is a bunch of BS. Hopfully they can get to the bottom of this BS.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Straight from Short Circuit. ”It seems we have everything in our favor going against us!” Or words to that effect.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock