Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers by Slammed
Started on: 03-03-2016 08:56 PM
Replies: 662 (31691 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 01-19-2017 01:12 PM
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:
So, what did you find on Thursday?

Edit for page ownership

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 05-13-2016).]

IP: Logged
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of a guy that could probably make them...If he wants to depends on the amount of interest and cash im guessing. He is more than reliable and super talented
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2016 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my paypal dispute now shows last update 5/12. It doesn't show me anything comment wise, but I am guessing paypal probably doesn't show things the other party posts in order to cut down on bickering, etc. Anyway it appears someone addressed my claim yesterday, and I am guessing it was probably Slammed or her BF. Hopefully this will be all settled soon. Anyone else check their disputes lately?
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2016 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone get/hear anything?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I hear some laughter in Tacoma.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I think I hear some laughter in Tacoma.

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Once I had them in my hands, I logged in and cancelled the claim.

My claim was automatically cancelled by PayPal the moment Slammed added a new tracking number...

I am glad that I got mine. There are some slight issues with my set, but it is the trimming around the edges. I believe this is due to Slammed trimming them by hand and them not being as perfect as if a machine did them. I need to get pictures of them up, just been lazy.

For quality I would give them a 9.5 / 10
For communication/shipping I give a 4.5 / 10.
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today paypal says they are awaiting additional information from the seller, and they will contact me with any developments or if they need additional info by may 21.
Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing. Turned out I sent my Paypal payment as a "friend" so can't make a claim. Ah well, written them off. Moving on.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

Nothing. Turned out I sent my Paypal payment as a "friend" so can't make a claim. Ah well, written them off. Moving on.

If your paypal is tied to a credit card, you can still do a chargeback on the card.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read this post as a failed effort to reproduce taillight covers but hopefully no one will lose money on unfilled orders..
Perhaps its now time for someone to reintroduce the fiberglass tail light panel that uses four Corvette C4 91-96 lens with the rounded corners. The C-5 97-04 Vette oval lens lights also look excellent. The round one sold by Pisa look very dated to me.
IMO, the Al Lindsay Corvette light panels looked beautiful and fit the Fiero's appearance perfectly but since Al past away no one has picked up on that design. This is a good solution as the Corvette lenses are easy to find. Do you read me Pisa? Hot new product maybe?
https://images.fiero.nl/2011/Corey_1.jpg
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-18-2016).]

aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that panel. the stock fiero tail lights are still my favorite but if I can't fix mine or find a set that doesn't cost 2 arms and 3 legs I would probably go with something like the link you had there Dennis
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I completely agree on the Al Lindsay panel......it's gorgeous and "fits" with the look of the fastback. I never have figured out why None of the fiberglass parts vendors never picked it up. It's a no brainier!

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind the panel, I just wish there was a different light/lens to actually install in those panels. Not a big fan of the vette tails installed on the Fiero much. I see why people use them, I can't seem to find many options really.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I just wish there was a different light/lens to actually install in those panels..

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

I can't blame you for being at a loss for words after all this!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I can't blame you for being at a loss for words after all this!

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

I completely agree on the Al Lindsay panel......it's gorgeous and "fits" with the look of the fastback. I never have figured out why None of the fiberglass parts vendors never picked it up. It's a no brainier!

I sent a note to Pisa and asked if they would be interested in redesigning their tail light panel (currently with the round dated looking lenses) to accommodate the Vette C4 taillights or even the C5 oval type. If I had the capability to reproduce and sell these panels I would but Pisa already has fiberglass expertise. If I were Pisa I would start a post to determine the interest. If there were enough order reservations for the panel then they should move forward. I'd buy one or maybe two. Its not an original Fiero GT tail light panel, it does look good and it doesn't appear at this point that repro GT lenses are coming back anytime soon.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish that the blank panels would come back. With those I could make whatever tail lights I wanted go in them. I had hopes of getting my one of these panels and putting C7 tail lights in it.

Shelby
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
IMO, the Al Lindsay Corvette light panels looked beautiful and fit the Fiero's appearance perfectly but since Al past away no one has picked up on that design.

I had heard he was in bad health. I didn't realize that he had passed away, however. I'm sorry to hear that.

With that said, I'm surprised that Fiero Fiberglass didn't buy the design and/or the molds, since they were all in the same neck of the woods. I would have thought it would be "a natural". But perhaps not.
PFF
System Bot
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just used the original lens for my conversion panel. Guess it all depends on how bad your are to start with. Hardly cost more than 100 all in

------------------

1986 Fiero GT/T intercooled turbo

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is such a shame....I thought after a (very) rocky start, there might be a source for GT taillights.....was going to actually order a set too. Just ..........weird. They obviously existed, why all the drama?

Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

I can remember his name but there is a member who is doing gt sail panel so this guy have the talent and tools to do molding with same material slammed used.

Slammed explained me she uses a positive mold technic to do the cover lens. This is why it fits over the original lens. As per her explaination this is less job than a positive and a negative molds after.

Anyway i'm sure this member can do it pretty easily, and serve us pretty well as he does right now

aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should know in the next few days weather I am getting my lenses from slammed. If I don't here is a possible option, or if someone wants to take this idea and run with it be my guest.
Nosaint knows someone who might be able to make lenses. he is checking if the guy is interested in making them. the catch would be that we would probably need a number of people to commit, in order to spread the cost of making the molds. I'm not sure how many people we would need yet to make them affordable but I would guess it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20. Most likely people would at least have to put down a deposit before the lenses are made. This will probably make some people uncomfortable especially considering what we just went through with slammed. We would need a set of tail lights to make a mold off of. (my car isn't running right now but my lenses have cracks so I'm not sure if they would work. I would loan my lenses if they would work). We would also need someone to collect money and be the middle man so to speak. I have only been a registered member on the forum for a few months I am not sure if I have the credibility to do this. If one of the established members wanted to jump in and assist it would sure help.
This is all hypothetical. A lot of things would have to come together to make this happen. I wanted to guage interest for now. If we could get enough people together to make a run of these and keep the price under $450 + shipping who would be seriously interested?
I'll put something in the mall next month to guage interest once we know more, and if it is a realistic goal. Again, this is just to guage interest, I don't know if it is even doable. Any thoughts, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc is welcome.

[This message has been edited by aldan78 (edited 05-20-2016).]

Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My opinion: Any successful attempt at this will have to be done without mentioning a word of it here until R&D and production are completely ironed out and product is on the shelves ready to ship. Further, a 'nobody' vendor is unlikely to succeed because nobody will trust them with their money until X sets are sold and delivered. If this is indeed a viable market, seed money for the initial investment should not come from potential customers, but from a manufacturer who sees the potential. Once you've spent all the deposit money and still don't have a working product, then what? You can't give back money you've spent. If making the actual product costs more than the advertised $450, then you have to jack up the price on people who have already put down a deposit, or you have to eat the loss. This whole fiasco was a good idea with a horrible business plan.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it would have to get done in secret...there is lots of experience and expertise here to contribute, but expecting many people to send in big chunks of money on a(nother) promise is not likely to fly; it's going to need to be capitalized internally, in terms of R&D and initial production. Apparently TFS found only 29,000 Fieros registered in the U.S. in 2013, but perhaps counter-intuitively, it might take a reduction in numbers to drive up values enough to make the tail lights worth enough money to produce.
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone think that this is worth a shot?

https://www.alumilite.com/Auto-Restoration
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not be looking to make money on this personally. I would want a pretty firm estimate on cost before I would commit other peoples money. I would also want some reassurance that the product was feasible and could be produced with good quality. I was looking at it as a cost sharing setup. For example (I'm just pulling numbers out of the air here) say it costs $4000 to produce 1 set of lenses. Thats not gonna fly but if we could get 20 sets made for $7000 then you're only looking at $350 a set. the cost would be the actual cost to produce divided by the number of people that want in. i picked $450 as a cap as that is getting close to the price of a set of useable factory lights. really don't have the money to invest in r & d and I am not looking to run a business. if someone is feel free to hijack this idea. I knew it would be a long shot to get enough commitments but you never know. The only benefit to me would be a set of nice looking tail lights for my car.
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

aldan78

87 posts
Member since Feb 2016

Originally posted by gwg1995:

Anyone think that this is worth a shot?

https://www.alumilite.com/Auto-Restoration

Defiantly worth investigating. It might be tricky using such a large mold as you would need for the fiero tail lights. It would take alot of silicone.

[This message has been edited by aldan78 (edited 05-21-2016).]

Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it looks so easy to do, obviously you need a minimum of handling skills. My understanding is 3 days the caster is done and if you take care of it you can reuse as many time you want.

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem with Alumilite or any casting resin is that for small parts, especially thick parts, it is great. When you get down to the thinner, very large parts like Fiero lenses, the strength ratio is not good enough for long term use. The steering wheel in the picture is just for prototype or display use. Obviously a plastic steering wheel is not a good idea.
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my refund from Paypal this week. Glad this mess is finally over for me. I tried to stay out of all of the BS but it looks like that didn't get me anything either. Oh well, live and learn.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One positive take-away from this fiasco - new lenses ARE possible! With some luck, maybe it will inspire someone (that has some business sense and ethics) to start reproducing them......

Trying like heck to remain optimistic.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

...and ethics

Aye, there's the rub.

I suspect there are thousands upon thousands of decent respectable people living in the Tacoma area, but if anyone from there turns up here again trying to promote their services... just keep in mind the whole series of Fiero related fiascoes originating from that region. It's not simply a coincidence! The warning has been sounded time and time again.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone should have parts or their money back. Supracoupe check your PMs. I won't be able to make these for a while. Feel free to email me if you want an update. I am sorry I dragged everyone through all this.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

Everyone should have parts or their money back. Supracoupe check your PMs. I won't be able to make these for a while. Feel free to email me if you want an update. I am sorry I dragged everyone through all this.

All I know is my tail lights are top notch thanks to your product. You really have something here, if you can't keep up, or have problems with being a vendor, I almost guarantee that vendors would jump all over it if you decide to step down and work a deal out with them to produce the lenses in your place if you cannot.

They are installed and beautiful on my Fiero and they will be at the GM Nationals next month. People are gonna see them and want to know where to get them...

Just a thought.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

Thanks for the update. You obviously are not a fraud, or con artist, as you did in fact make a product, although with LOTS of problems, and not as many as people would have liked. I wish you the best in getting things straightened out, and hopefully producing and selling these again in the future.

Just a small suggestion, if you do make them, concentrate on getting a number fully completed, and in boxes ready to ship. At that point you can let people know you have, say 10 sets up front. As you sell them, update your count so people can see. When they are gone, simply let people you are not taking orders or money till you have more ready to go. Again, just a suggestion, but it's how many vendors here on the forum operate, and it seem to work very well. Best of luck!
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

All I know is my tail lights are top notch thanks to your product. You really have something here, if you can't keep up, or have problems with being a vendor, I almost guarantee that vendors would jump all over it if you decide to step down and work a deal out with them to produce the lenses in your place if you cannot.

They are installed and beautiful on my Fiero and they will be at the GM Nationals next month. People are gonna see them and want to know where to get them...
Just a thought.

with the way a certain vendor treated her on here, I wouldn't sell him the molds for any price.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 05-27-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock